Our party of 6 adults is traveling from St. Petersburg to Moscow on April 17th, and we have to choose between
- taking the train(around 50 euros per person or 57.5 US dollars - 4 hours ) and
- a flight (Aeroflot offers a 36 US dollars flight price per person to DME - 1:30 hours).
The transfer prices to /from stations or airports are not that different.
So, just taking into account the price, the flight would be better. Is there anything else we should consider?
The travel agency thinks that the train is a better choice because you still have to be one or two hours before at the airport plus he time of the flight.
Are there any safety considerations as well?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 3 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 4 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 5 Jewish Vienna
- 6 Short time in Vienna
- 7 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 8 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 9 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 10 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 11 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 12 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 13 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 14 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 15 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 16 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 17 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 18 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 19 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 20 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 21 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 22 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 23 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 24 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 25 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales