I am very much enjoying this site and the trip reports. I am in the process of planning a holiday trip for Christmas & New Years period. Dates are set in stone as the flight was purchased using miles (RT LHR) 12/25 arrival to 1/7 depart (early)
I had originally thought of Paris & London but since we had already been in Paris and the hotels were very expensive I am considering spain - specifically Madrid, Seville, Cordoba
We do want to spend a few days in London before departure
So far this is what i have
Arrive on 12/25 in London - fly to Madrid
Leave Madrid on 1/1 to London (this can be modified to allow more days in Spain)
We have previously been to Madrid for about a week but did a day trip to Segovia, Wine Tour day trip and 2 days to Alicante to see family - so basically we saw almost nothing of Madrid itself. Side note we have been to Barcelona 2x's for a few days each time
If I am squeezing too much in please tell me I want to give London its due time as well
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 2 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 3 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 4 Leather goods in Florence
- 5 4 days in Provence in early June
- 6 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 7 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 8 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 9 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 10 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 11 France Itinerary Advice
- 12 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 13 dinner jackets
- 14 Trip to Rome
- 15 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 16 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 17 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 18 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 19 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 20 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 21 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 22 Transportation
- 23 Things to do in Montpellier
- 24 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing