I am a single female travelling to Paris in March 12. I will be spending three nights in Paris before catching the train from the MONTPARNASSE Station to travel West to do an English Language course in Brittany. I will be arriving at the Gare du Nord from Amsterdam.
I have visited Paris once before and stayed at the Hotel de Paris. It was a few years ago now but I remember feeling uncomfortable walking at night in the area despite being with a large group. We also visited Montmatre one night and I remember feeling the same however I am sure there are nice places to stay in both these areas and also in close proximity.
I would like to know where the best place to search for accommodation would be. I have the following requirements:
1. Safe/pleasant area
2. Cheap - backpacker/dorm rooms fine
3. Close proximity to the train stations
I love walking in the city so intend to spend the couple of days I have there exploring. I have already visited the major attractions so am more interested in exploring parks, cafes etc.
I have been searching on the eurocheapo.com and booking.com and have also checked out some of the other suugestions from other discussions but most seem to be well out of my budget.
Any assisstance that can be provided would be much appreciated.
Also - as I am flying to Amsterdam and staying there for a few days first I have a similar request for there - where is the best area to stay that is in close proximity for walking around the city but also safe and cheap?
Solo female traveller to Paris - where best to stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avignon to London?
- 2 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 3 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 4 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 5 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 6 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 7 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 8 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 9 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 10 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 11 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 12 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 13 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 14 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 15 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 16 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 17 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 18 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 19 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 22 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 23 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 24 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 25 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish