I am a single female travelling to Paris in March 12. I will be spending three nights in Paris before catching the train from the MONTPARNASSE Station to travel West to do an English Language course in Brittany. I will be arriving at the Gare du Nord from Amsterdam.
I have visited Paris once before and stayed at the Hotel de Paris. It was a few years ago now but I remember feeling uncomfortable walking at night in the area despite being with a large group. We also visited Montmatre one night and I remember feeling the same however I am sure there are nice places to stay in both these areas and also in close proximity.
I would like to know where the best place to search for accommodation would be. I have the following requirements:
1. Safe/pleasant area
2. Cheap - backpacker/dorm rooms fine
3. Close proximity to the train stations
I love walking in the city so intend to spend the couple of days I have there exploring. I have already visited the major attractions so am more interested in exploring parks, cafes etc.
I have been searching on the eurocheapo.com and booking.com and have also checked out some of the other suugestions from other discussions but most seem to be well out of my budget.
Any assisstance that can be provided would be much appreciated.
Also - as I am flying to Amsterdam and staying there for a few days first I have a similar request for there - where is the best area to stay that is in close proximity for walking around the city but also safe and cheap?
Solo female traveller to Paris - where best to stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trying to find food items from Rome
- 2 Milestone Birthday Trip-Where Would You Go?
- 3 Oviedo, Aviles or Gijon
- 4 Picos de Europa - Need advice please
- 5 Scotland on a farm by horse?
- 6 Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Paris
- 7 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 8 Germany -- with Reformation emphasis
- 9 Cordoba-Granada itinerary
- 10 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 11 Late night train from Prague
- 12 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 13 4 Days in Paris: Sample Itinerary for First Trip There
- 14 I'm in a funk
- 15 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 16 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 17 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 18 Mama Mia Italy!
- 19 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 20 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 21 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 22 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 23 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 24 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 25 Amsterdam vs Prague