I am a single female travelling to Paris in March 12. I will be spending three nights in Paris before catching the train from the MONTPARNASSE Station to travel West to do an English Language course in Brittany. I will be arriving at the Gare du Nord from Amsterdam.
I have visited Paris once before and stayed at the Hotel de Paris. It was a few years ago now but I remember feeling uncomfortable walking at night in the area despite being with a large group. We also visited Montmatre one night and I remember feeling the same however I am sure there are nice places to stay in both these areas and also in close proximity.
I would like to know where the best place to search for accommodation would be. I have the following requirements:
1. Safe/pleasant area
2. Cheap - backpacker/dorm rooms fine
3. Close proximity to the train stations
I love walking in the city so intend to spend the couple of days I have there exploring. I have already visited the major attractions so am more interested in exploring parks, cafes etc.
I have been searching on the eurocheapo.com and booking.com and have also checked out some of the other suugestions from other discussions but most seem to be well out of my budget.
Any assisstance that can be provided would be much appreciated.
Also - as I am flying to Amsterdam and staying there for a few days first I have a similar request for there - where is the best area to stay that is in close proximity for walking around the city but also safe and cheap?
Solo female traveller to Paris - where best to stay?
- 1 Anyone used this rental agency called Short Time Rental in Paris,
- 2 East coast trains
- 3 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 4 Croatia Restaurant Recommendations
- 5 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 6 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 7 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 8 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 9 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 10 Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
- 11 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 12 RHK's heading to Europe
- 13 Backpacking through Europe
- 14 Planning my trip to Italy
- 15 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 16 Serbia photo gallery - Belgrade - Novi Sad
- 17 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 18 Driving in Genoa
- 19 Spain / fatima - itinerary suggestion 10 days
- 20 Italian languaje course in Rome, acomodation advice
- 21 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 22 Istanbul Hotels
- 23 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 24 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 25 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG