Reload this Page >

Solo female in Paris

Search

Solo female in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 01:53 PM
ellabella

Solo female in Paris

Hi all, I'm a 29 year old female and will be spending a few days on my own in Paris next week. I've been to Paris twice so have seen some of the big tourist attractions (Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Louvre, Orsay, Sacre Couer, Versailles). Does anyone have some off the beaten path ideas? Or favorite moderately priced restaurants? I love food, wine, shopping, people-watching, museums in moderation, but probably don't want to go out clubbing or anything too crazy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you haven't been to the Musee Marmottan, both are very much worth your while.
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 02:11 PM

Ooops -- I meant to add the Basilica St Denis to that. Make sure you go on a sunny day.
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 02:25 PM
ellabella

Thank you! Is there anywhere in Paris to jog safely?

Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 02:33 PM

Tuileries and Luxembourgh Gardens.
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 02:48 PM

Eat a crepe at Le Creperie Des Arts in the Latin Quarter. It is not far from the statue of St Michael. I would suggest the glace added.

Baldworth

Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 03:00 PM

Some suggestions, I was there last week and also alone. Walk around the Marais and Bastille neighborhoods. Visit Place des Vosges in the Marais and the Bastille Market if you are there on Sunday. The Picasso Museum also in the Marais. Montmartre is also great for wandering and watching people.
I also wandered around the left bank neighborhoods and the Luxembourg gardens and there was few tourists so it was really enjoyable.
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 03:00 PM
TWBOG

elle have fun! i dont know if its breaking some rule to say this but there are a couple of other sites that cater to specific questions like this. if you need help finding them let me know.

Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 05:09 AM

Hi, I will be in Paris next week from 28th-31st August, also by myself, if you're interested in meeting up for meals/sightseeing etc. I'm a 27 year old female.
Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 05:48 AM
ellabella

Thank you all! TWBOG, I would definitely be interested in those sites, if you're allowed to post them. chemj, unfortunately I don't think our schedules are going to work out. I arrive on the 29th, and the first 2 days will be filled with pre-wedding activities for my college friend. Thursday we take a train out to Burgundy for the weddnig, and I arrive back in Paris Saturday, which is when my time frees up. If for some reason you are still there Saturday or Sunday, let me know!

p.s. Ella is my dog's name =) didn't want anyone to think i was vain and calling myself "bella"...should have thought more about my screen name.