My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon to Santorini and couldn't be more excited! We will be there for six nights (June 5-12); staying at Mystique in Oia. I am hoping to get some help with a few remaining questions:
1. We would like to visit a winery one day - preferably Santo Winery in Pyrgos (preferred because of its high reviews and the amazing photos!). We do not want to rent a car, so I am wondering if this is easily visited by bus? I would consider an ATV but the distance looks quite far from Oia. Also, how much time should we allow for Santo Winery? Is this a good activity to do if we should catch a rainy day?
2. I have emailed Santorini Sailing (with Captain Ted) to reserve a spot on one of their sailing excursions. Does anyone have any tips on this tour? Is the semi private tour worth the extra money? Also, is there a day of the week that works best for a tour like this (for instance, a day that makes the island particularly busy with cruise ship passengers)?
3. We would also like to do the walk from Fira to Oia. I am bit confused as to how well marked the path is - do we need a good map? or are there signs along the way?
4. We would like to spend the day at Sea Side by Notos and I was wondering if getting a beach bed there for the afternoon would require a reservation? its at Perivolos-Agios georgios beach; can you catch a cab at the end of the day back to Oia or do I need to plan our return to Oia in advance?
5. Open Air Cinema Kamari - has anyone been here? I thought it might be a fun thing to do and wondered if it is generally a good experience.
6. Can anyone suggest some good tavernas in Oia for an after dinner scene? I realize the village is generally quiet, but would like a suggestion of somewhere with live music and later hours.
7. We would like to do one "big" night out at a nice restaurant - possibly Ambrosia or 1800. Assuming we need reservations, is that something we would have to reserve weeks out (from the states) or can we do a few days ahead of time, while on the island?
Thank you, in advance, for your help!!!
Santorini Questions!! Early June Trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe in 21 days
- 2 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 3 Spain Questions
- 4 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 5 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 6 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 7 Avignon to London?
- 8 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 9 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 10 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 11 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 12 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 15 one last portugal car rental question
- 16 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 17 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 18 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 19 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 22 Street food in Turkey
- 23 Dublin Hostels
- 24 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 25 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions