My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon to Santorini and couldn't be more excited! We will be there for six nights (June 5-12); staying at Mystique in Oia. I am hoping to get some help with a few remaining questions:
1. We would like to visit a winery one day - preferably Santo Winery in Pyrgos (preferred because of its high reviews and the amazing photos!). We do not want to rent a car, so I am wondering if this is easily visited by bus? I would consider an ATV but the distance looks quite far from Oia. Also, how much time should we allow for Santo Winery? Is this a good activity to do if we should catch a rainy day?
2. I have emailed Santorini Sailing (with Captain Ted) to reserve a spot on one of their sailing excursions. Does anyone have any tips on this tour? Is the semi private tour worth the extra money? Also, is there a day of the week that works best for a tour like this (for instance, a day that makes the island particularly busy with cruise ship passengers)?
3. We would also like to do the walk from Fira to Oia. I am bit confused as to how well marked the path is - do we need a good map? or are there signs along the way?
4. We would like to spend the day at Sea Side by Notos and I was wondering if getting a beach bed there for the afternoon would require a reservation? its at Perivolos-Agios georgios beach; can you catch a cab at the end of the day back to Oia or do I need to plan our return to Oia in advance?
5. Open Air Cinema Kamari - has anyone been here? I thought it might be a fun thing to do and wondered if it is generally a good experience.
6. Can anyone suggest some good tavernas in Oia for an after dinner scene? I realize the village is generally quiet, but would like a suggestion of somewhere with live music and later hours.
7. We would like to do one "big" night out at a nice restaurant - possibly Ambrosia or 1800. Assuming we need reservations, is that something we would have to reserve weeks out (from the states) or can we do a few days ahead of time, while on the island?
Thank you, in advance, for your help!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy in October
- 2 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 3 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 4 What Greek islands should I visit
- 5 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 6 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 7 than no further Alpha Man comfy
- 8 Beaches in Southern France
- 9 Brixen/ Bressanone: ideas for a few days?
- 10 cell phone companys
- 11 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 12 italy itinerary
- 13 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 14 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 15 Local markets in Italy
- 16 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 17 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 18 My 7 day Provence itinerary... workable?
- 19 Where in Paris?
- 20 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 21 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 22 4 days in London worth the jetlag?
- 23 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 24 Guides - Matera
- 25 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days