My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon to Santorini and couldn't be more excited! We will be there for six nights (June 5-12); staying at Mystique in Oia. I am hoping to get some help with a few remaining questions:
1. We would like to visit a winery one day - preferably Santo Winery in Pyrgos (preferred because of its high reviews and the amazing photos!). We do not want to rent a car, so I am wondering if this is easily visited by bus? I would consider an ATV but the distance looks quite far from Oia. Also, how much time should we allow for Santo Winery? Is this a good activity to do if we should catch a rainy day?
2. I have emailed Santorini Sailing (with Captain Ted) to reserve a spot on one of their sailing excursions. Does anyone have any tips on this tour? Is the semi private tour worth the extra money? Also, is there a day of the week that works best for a tour like this (for instance, a day that makes the island particularly busy with cruise ship passengers)?
3. We would also like to do the walk from Fira to Oia. I am bit confused as to how well marked the path is - do we need a good map? or are there signs along the way?
4. We would like to spend the day at Sea Side by Notos and I was wondering if getting a beach bed there for the afternoon would require a reservation? its at Perivolos-Agios georgios beach; can you catch a cab at the end of the day back to Oia or do I need to plan our return to Oia in advance?
5. Open Air Cinema Kamari - has anyone been here? I thought it might be a fun thing to do and wondered if it is generally a good experience.
6. Can anyone suggest some good tavernas in Oia for an after dinner scene? I realize the village is generally quiet, but would like a suggestion of somewhere with live music and later hours.
7. We would like to do one "big" night out at a nice restaurant - possibly Ambrosia or 1800. Assuming we need reservations, is that something we would have to reserve weeks out (from the states) or can we do a few days ahead of time, while on the island?
Thank you, in advance, for your help!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy - best two central locations
- 2 16-Day Driving Trip in Sicily
- 3 12 Days in Italy
- 4 Family vacay in Europe
- 5 Another Book List for Italy
- 6 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 7 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 8 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 9 Whirlwind Iceland w/ two kids - trip report
- 10 Classical Music in Milan
- 11 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 12 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 13 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 14 touring near rome airport
- 15 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 16 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 17 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 18 day tours - Loire Valley
- 19 Switzerland itinerary help request
- 20 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 21 Sienna with kids
- 22 8 days in switzerland
- 23 Just in case anyone is wondering.....
- 24 Places to visits near Porto
- 25 2 Weeks Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, Salzburg