My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon to Santorini and couldn't be more excited! We will be there for six nights (June 5-12); staying at Mystique in Oia. I am hoping to get some help with a few remaining questions:
1. We would like to visit a winery one day - preferably Santo Winery in Pyrgos (preferred because of its high reviews and the amazing photos!). We do not want to rent a car, so I am wondering if this is easily visited by bus? I would consider an ATV but the distance looks quite far from Oia. Also, how much time should we allow for Santo Winery? Is this a good activity to do if we should catch a rainy day?
2. I have emailed Santorini Sailing (with Captain Ted) to reserve a spot on one of their sailing excursions. Does anyone have any tips on this tour? Is the semi private tour worth the extra money? Also, is there a day of the week that works best for a tour like this (for instance, a day that makes the island particularly busy with cruise ship passengers)?
3. We would also like to do the walk from Fira to Oia. I am bit confused as to how well marked the path is - do we need a good map? or are there signs along the way?
4. We would like to spend the day at Sea Side by Notos and I was wondering if getting a beach bed there for the afternoon would require a reservation? its at Perivolos-Agios georgios beach; can you catch a cab at the end of the day back to Oia or do I need to plan our return to Oia in advance?
5. Open Air Cinema Kamari - has anyone been here? I thought it might be a fun thing to do and wondered if it is generally a good experience.
6. Can anyone suggest some good tavernas in Oia for an after dinner scene? I realize the village is generally quiet, but would like a suggestion of somewhere with live music and later hours.
7. We would like to do one "big" night out at a nice restaurant - possibly Ambrosia or 1800. Assuming we need reservations, is that something we would have to reserve weeks out (from the states) or can we do a few days ahead of time, while on the island?
Thank you, in advance, for your help!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BakLol: ROADRUUNER fix C0NTACT 1:800 681-7208 Te^ch SUPP0RT ACCOUNT .
- 2 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 3 ATM
- 4 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 5 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 6 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 7 Spain Itinerary
- 8 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 9 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 10 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 11 ATM help
- 12 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 13 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 14 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 15 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 16 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 17 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 18 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 19 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 20 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 21 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 22 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 23 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 24 International drivers permit
- 25 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest