My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon to Santorini and couldn't be more excited! We will be there for six nights (June 5-12); staying at Mystique in Oia. I am hoping to get some help with a few remaining questions:
1. We would like to visit a winery one day - preferably Santo Winery in Pyrgos (preferred because of its high reviews and the amazing photos!). We do not want to rent a car, so I am wondering if this is easily visited by bus? I would consider an ATV but the distance looks quite far from Oia. Also, how much time should we allow for Santo Winery? Is this a good activity to do if we should catch a rainy day?
2. I have emailed Santorini Sailing (with Captain Ted) to reserve a spot on one of their sailing excursions. Does anyone have any tips on this tour? Is the semi private tour worth the extra money? Also, is there a day of the week that works best for a tour like this (for instance, a day that makes the island particularly busy with cruise ship passengers)?
3. We would also like to do the walk from Fira to Oia. I am bit confused as to how well marked the path is - do we need a good map? or are there signs along the way?
4. We would like to spend the day at Sea Side by Notos and I was wondering if getting a beach bed there for the afternoon would require a reservation? its at Perivolos-Agios georgios beach; can you catch a cab at the end of the day back to Oia or do I need to plan our return to Oia in advance?
5. Open Air Cinema Kamari - has anyone been here? I thought it might be a fun thing to do and wondered if it is generally a good experience.
6. Can anyone suggest some good tavernas in Oia for an after dinner scene? I realize the village is generally quiet, but would like a suggestion of somewhere with live music and later hours.
7. We would like to do one "big" night out at a nice restaurant - possibly Ambrosia or 1800. Assuming we need reservations, is that something we would have to reserve weeks out (from the states) or can we do a few days ahead of time, while on the island?
Thank you, in advance, for your help!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 2 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 3 Cost of Van from CDG
- 4 One Way... trust or bust?
- 5 Walking GPS?
- 6 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 7 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 8 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 9 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 10 Has anyone used AtlasChoice for a car rental?
- 11 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 12 Hi altitude limitations in Switzerland
- 13 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 14 Capri, Amalfi Coast, Naples in late June/early July
- 15 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 16 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 17 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 18 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 19 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 20 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 21 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 22 Portugal trains
- 23 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 24 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 25 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions