My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon to Santorini and couldn't be more excited! We will be there for six nights (June 5-12); staying at Mystique in Oia. I am hoping to get some help with a few remaining questions:
1. We would like to visit a winery one day - preferably Santo Winery in Pyrgos (preferred because of its high reviews and the amazing photos!). We do not want to rent a car, so I am wondering if this is easily visited by bus? I would consider an ATV but the distance looks quite far from Oia. Also, how much time should we allow for Santo Winery? Is this a good activity to do if we should catch a rainy day?
2. I have emailed Santorini Sailing (with Captain Ted) to reserve a spot on one of their sailing excursions. Does anyone have any tips on this tour? Is the semi private tour worth the extra money? Also, is there a day of the week that works best for a tour like this (for instance, a day that makes the island particularly busy with cruise ship passengers)?
3. We would also like to do the walk from Fira to Oia. I am bit confused as to how well marked the path is - do we need a good map? or are there signs along the way?
4. We would like to spend the day at Sea Side by Notos and I was wondering if getting a beach bed there for the afternoon would require a reservation? its at Perivolos-Agios georgios beach; can you catch a cab at the end of the day back to Oia or do I need to plan our return to Oia in advance?
5. Open Air Cinema Kamari - has anyone been here? I thought it might be a fun thing to do and wondered if it is generally a good experience.
6. Can anyone suggest some good tavernas in Oia for an after dinner scene? I realize the village is generally quiet, but would like a suggestion of somewhere with live music and later hours.
7. We would like to do one "big" night out at a nice restaurant - possibly Ambrosia or 1800. Assuming we need reservations, is that something we would have to reserve weeks out (from the states) or can we do a few days ahead of time, while on the island?
Thank you, in advance, for your help!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Under Seige...
- 2 visa appointment experience
- 3 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 4 Scotland Trip
- 5 Cinque Terre Hiking Trails?
- 6 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 7 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 8 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 9 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 10 Hamam Istanbul?
- 11 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 12 First Trip to Europe!
- 13 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 14 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 15 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 16 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 17 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 18 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 19 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 20 Rue des Rosiers
- 21 Malta - 4 days before Cristmas
- 22 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 23 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 24 Brief trip report Naples
- 25 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice