Thanks to your many kind suggestions and sage advice, I've tweaked our Venice itinerary, and I think it looks like a good mix of art, water and fun for our family of 4 (DH, me, and two teenage sons: 14 and 16). Could you look it over for any possible improvements? Thanks in advance!
arrive from JFK, check-in and explore; no specific plans, but we'll definitely ride the vaporetto along the Grand Canal
Morning guided tour of Doges' Palace from 9:00-11:00, then Basilica de San Marco at 11:30 (which I will pre-book so that we are sure to get in while it is illuminated)
Lunch will be paninis in the park, then we'll get in line to go up the elevator in the Campanile. The rest of the day is free, so perhaps I should move something up that is planned later?
Gondola ride before dinner. We'll find a station near our restaurant so that we can make our 8:00 reservation
Visit Rialto Market in the morning, and possibly the gondola maker if I can find it
Visit Accademia in the late morning, which I might pre-book for around 11:00am. Afterward, we'll eat at the pizza restaurant at the base of the Accademia bridge (assuming it's still there!) Then we can visit Ca' Rezzonico after lunch.
After Ca' Rezzonico, take the vaporetto to San Giorgio Maggiore and ride the elevator to see the view.
Visit Scuola San Rocco and Frari Church in the morning, then take a boat trip to Burano and/or Torcello for the afternoon.
This seems to be a nice itinerary, but I'd appreciate your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 vegetarian in spain
- 2 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 3 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 4 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 5 Rec for carryon bag - European sized
- 6 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 7 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 8 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 9 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 10 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 11 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 12 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 13 Cordoba Overnight?
- 14 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 15 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 16 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 17 Dublin Leap Card
- 18 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 19 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 20 10 days Berner Oberland, Lake Geneva. Chamonix, yes or no
- 21 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 22 Morocco to Spain Border Crossing
- 23 2 weeks Europe trip
- 24 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 25 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
Revised with your help! Pt 1 of 31 day trip: Venice-Please review!