Thanks to your many kind suggestions and sage advice, I've tweaked our Venice itinerary, and I think it looks like a good mix of art, water and fun for our family of 4 (DH, me, and two teenage sons: 14 and 16). Could you look it over for any possible improvements? Thanks in advance!
arrive from JFK, check-in and explore; no specific plans, but we'll definitely ride the vaporetto along the Grand Canal
Morning guided tour of Doges' Palace from 9:00-11:00, then Basilica de San Marco at 11:30 (which I will pre-book so that we are sure to get in while it is illuminated)
Lunch will be paninis in the park, then we'll get in line to go up the elevator in the Campanile. The rest of the day is free, so perhaps I should move something up that is planned later?
Gondola ride before dinner. We'll find a station near our restaurant so that we can make our 8:00 reservation
Visit Rialto Market in the morning, and possibly the gondola maker if I can find it
Visit Accademia in the late morning, which I might pre-book for around 11:00am. Afterward, we'll eat at the pizza restaurant at the base of the Accademia bridge (assuming it's still there!) Then we can visit Ca' Rezzonico after lunch.
After Ca' Rezzonico, take the vaporetto to San Giorgio Maggiore and ride the elevator to see the view.
Visit Scuola San Rocco and Frari Church in the morning, then take a boat trip to Burano and/or Torcello for the afternoon.
This seems to be a nice itinerary, but I'd appreciate your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 2 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 5 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 6 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 7 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 8 Munich and....???
- 9 Can parking
- 10 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 13 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 14 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 magnified mirror
- 17 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 18 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 19 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 20 Driving through Paris
- 21 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 22 San Sebastián
- 23 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 24 italy Cinque Terre
- 25 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
Revised with your help! Pt 1 of 31 day trip: Venice-Please review!