Thanks to your many kind suggestions and sage advice, I've tweaked our Venice itinerary, and I think it looks like a good mix of art, water and fun for our family of 4 (DH, me, and two teenage sons: 14 and 16). Could you look it over for any possible improvements? Thanks in advance!
arrive from JFK, check-in and explore; no specific plans, but we'll definitely ride the vaporetto along the Grand Canal
Morning guided tour of Doges' Palace from 9:00-11:00, then Basilica de San Marco at 11:30 (which I will pre-book so that we are sure to get in while it is illuminated)
Lunch will be paninis in the park, then we'll get in line to go up the elevator in the Campanile. The rest of the day is free, so perhaps I should move something up that is planned later?
Gondola ride before dinner. We'll find a station near our restaurant so that we can make our 8:00 reservation
Visit Rialto Market in the morning, and possibly the gondola maker if I can find it
Visit Accademia in the late morning, which I might pre-book for around 11:00am. Afterward, we'll eat at the pizza restaurant at the base of the Accademia bridge (assuming it's still there!) Then we can visit Ca' Rezzonico after lunch.
After Ca' Rezzonico, take the vaporetto to San Giorgio Maggiore and ride the elevator to see the view.
Visit Scuola San Rocco and Frari Church in the morning, then take a boat trip to Burano and/or Torcello for the afternoon.
This seems to be a nice itinerary, but I'd appreciate your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 카지노필리핀／♛』》( AUG888.ze.am )《『♛＼슈퍼카지노
- 2 Ireland travel passport question
- 3 세븐바카라 ┗♀┫ NDS43。ZZ。AM ┣♀┓슈퍼카지노세븐바카라
- 4 Revised itinerary for italy
- 5 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 9 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 10 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 11 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 12 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 13 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 14 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 15 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 16 Juangfrau / mt
- 17 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 18 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 19 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 20 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 25 Questions about Polish sights
Revised with your help! Pt 1 of 31 day trip: Venice-Please review!