Thanks to your many kind suggestions and sage advice, I've tweaked our Venice itinerary, and I think it looks like a good mix of art, water and fun for our family of 4 (DH, me, and two teenage sons: 14 and 16). Could you look it over for any possible improvements? Thanks in advance!
arrive from JFK, check-in and explore; no specific plans, but we'll definitely ride the vaporetto along the Grand Canal
Morning guided tour of Doges' Palace from 9:00-11:00, then Basilica de San Marco at 11:30 (which I will pre-book so that we are sure to get in while it is illuminated)
Lunch will be paninis in the park, then we'll get in line to go up the elevator in the Campanile. The rest of the day is free, so perhaps I should move something up that is planned later?
Gondola ride before dinner. We'll find a station near our restaurant so that we can make our 8:00 reservation
Visit Rialto Market in the morning, and possibly the gondola maker if I can find it
Visit Accademia in the late morning, which I might pre-book for around 11:00am. Afterward, we'll eat at the pizza restaurant at the base of the Accademia bridge (assuming it's still there!) Then we can visit Ca' Rezzonico after lunch.
After Ca' Rezzonico, take the vaporetto to San Giorgio Maggiore and ride the elevator to see the view.
Visit Scuola San Rocco and Frari Church in the morning, then take a boat trip to Burano and/or Torcello for the afternoon.
This seems to be a nice itinerary, but I'd appreciate your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with basic itinerary
- 2 스위피 ▶ 도메인 :≫ttw46.com≪
- 3 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 4 Greece and Italy Combo
- 5 Country Estate Hotel in England
- 6 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 7 Greece and Italy Combo
- 8 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 9 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 10 Final Four
- 11 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 12 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 13 Married couple first time to Europe, 4 cities over 2 weeks, questions.
- 14 Which city order makes most sense?
- 15 Tuscany car rental and accommodations
- 16 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 17 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 18 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 19 Valencia, Spain
- 20 Restaurants in Spain
- 21 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 22 Best Scenic Route -Vienna to St Wolfgang
- 23 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 24 credit and debit cards
- 25 Transportation Question Italy
Revised with your help! Pt 1 of 31 day trip: Venice-Please review!