Thanks to your many kind suggestions and sage advice, I've tweaked our Venice itinerary, and I think it looks like a good mix of art, water and fun for our family of 4 (DH, me, and two teenage sons: 14 and 16). Could you look it over for any possible improvements? Thanks in advance!
arrive from JFK, check-in and explore; no specific plans, but we'll definitely ride the vaporetto along the Grand Canal
Morning guided tour of Doges' Palace from 9:00-11:00, then Basilica de San Marco at 11:30 (which I will pre-book so that we are sure to get in while it is illuminated)
Lunch will be paninis in the park, then we'll get in line to go up the elevator in the Campanile. The rest of the day is free, so perhaps I should move something up that is planned later?
Gondola ride before dinner. We'll find a station near our restaurant so that we can make our 8:00 reservation
Visit Rialto Market in the morning, and possibly the gondola maker if I can find it
Visit Accademia in the late morning, which I might pre-book for around 11:00am. Afterward, we'll eat at the pizza restaurant at the base of the Accademia bridge (assuming it's still there!) Then we can visit Ca' Rezzonico after lunch.
After Ca' Rezzonico, take the vaporetto to San Giorgio Maggiore and ride the elevator to see the view.
Visit Scuola San Rocco and Frari Church in the morning, then take a boat trip to Burano and/or Torcello for the afternoon.
This seems to be a nice itinerary, but I'd appreciate your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 2 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 3 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 4 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 7 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 8 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 9 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 10 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 11 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 12 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 13 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 14 Day trips around Vienna
- 15 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 16 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 17 Praiano hotel question
- 18 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 19 First time in Bulgaria
- 20 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 21 Killarney
- 22 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 23 Rouen Tour Companies
- 24 Madrid/Lisbon
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
Revised with your help! Pt 1 of 31 day trip: Venice-Please review!