My husband and his father are going to London this Fall (2nd time for my husband, 1st time in Europe for my father in law).
We are down to three possibilities. Which one would you recommend? We are having trouble deciding since we do not know the area of Shad Thames (Bermondsey) or Whitechapel.
The important factors are closeness to Tube (they all are, but is one spot more convenient than the other?) and variety of pubs and restaurants (low key) near apartment, and good general neighbourhood vibe.
Please help me choose London flat for 1 week!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 2 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 3 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 4 Hey Fodor's
- 5 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 6 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 7 Restaurant recommendation for Milan
- 8 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 9 Apartment rental agencies in Barcelona
- 10 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 11 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 12 Christmas in salzburg
- 13 Getting from Conrad Dublin to Train Station
- 14 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 15 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 16 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 17 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 18 Bad Experience with Argus Car Hire Insurance offered by them
- 19 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 20 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 21 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 22 Italy through locals eyes
- 23 Lagos or Portimao better base to stay
- 24 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 25 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)