My husband and his father are going to London this Fall (2nd time for my husband, 1st time in Europe for my father in law).
We are down to three possibilities. Which one would you recommend? We are having trouble deciding since we do not know the area of Shad Thames (Bermondsey) or Whitechapel.
The important factors are closeness to Tube (they all are, but is one spot more convenient than the other?) and variety of pubs and restaurants (low key) near apartment, and good general neighbourhood vibe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland in April
- 2 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 3 Inexpensive Gifts to Bring Back
- 4 Hotel for stay in Montpellier
- 5 Montpellier to Arles
- 6 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 7 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 8 Tipping in different situations in Spain
- 9 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 10 Berlin to Barcelona
- 11 Flat iron/hair straightener purchase Paris
- 12 Vienna to Bratislava
- 13 Staying on Ile de la Cite
- 14 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 15 Crazy Question regarding Flat Iron usage in Europe
- 16 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 17 Venice at Christmas
- 18 Bayeux and environs
- 19 Greenland: Photos of Midnight Sun Iceberg Kayaking
- 20 Best way to see Croatia?
- 21 Rome For 2 days
- 22 Is Europcar ok if I have no other choice?
- 23 Camino Redux
- 24 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 25 Rome Hotel: Trevi Fountain or Piazza Navona?