My husband and his father are going to London this Fall (2nd time for my husband, 1st time in Europe for my father in law).
We are down to three possibilities. Which one would you recommend? We are having trouble deciding since we do not know the area of Shad Thames (Bermondsey) or Whitechapel.
The important factors are closeness to Tube (they all are, but is one spot more convenient than the other?) and variety of pubs and restaurants (low key) near apartment, and good general neighbourhood vibe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advise for 4 days in Peloponnese
- 2 seeking advice for Turkey trip in November
- 3 Chip on Debit card?
- 4 Itinerary advice needed for Europe summer 2016
- 5 October trip to St. Petersburg, Tallinn and Helsinki?
- 6 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 7 Best city in Europe to visit during winter
- 8 Sorrento as a lodging base
- 9 Italy in June/July
- 10 first time to Europe: London Paris & ?
- 11 Suggestions for an afternoon in Istanbul
- 12 Train travel in Europe
- 13 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Go To Paris
- 14 Lipari Aeolian Islands
- 15 Tickets to Saints Chapelle Concerts
- 16 First visit to Paris, 6 days
- 17 Train strikes - Spain
- 18 Alone in Paris
- 19 Basque region and/or Galicia?
- 20 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 21 England/Scotland in January?
- 22 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day
- 23 Is this possible in 16 days?
- 24 Greece/Turkey/Croatia
- 25 Advise on where to base in Ireland for 2 week trip