I'm an English guy currently living in Sydney with my aussie girlfriend and we're planning a trip back to Europe to see my family. I've lived here for nearly 2 years and it'll be my first trip home so v excited!
We're both mid 20's and v experienced travellers. We like to spend 1 month each year taking a trip (had 4 great weeks in the USA last year). We're fast paced travellers on the most part, like busy cities with lots of local life. I like museums, she doesn't as much. She likes nature and we both like long walks, good food and a few drinks in the evening (pubs rather than nightclubs)
Please take a look at my proposed itinerary and let me know what you think - it's Russia and the Baltics I mostly need advice on - the time in the UK and Ireland is with family - but I'll put the whole thing here for context. My parents are comming to Ireland with us, the time in Russia and Baltics is on our own.
My girlfriend arrives 5 days after I do as she didn't have as much leave to take and I'll be able to spend a bit of time with my parents on my own as well.
Aug 24 - I arrive in London at 5.55am
29 - Girlfriend arrives in London at 4pm
5 - Mum's bday
7 - Drive to Fishguard, take 11am Ferry to Ireland, drive to village in Co Galway that Dad was born in and my uncle still lives in. Should arrive about 4pm or so?
8 - My bday. Day trip to Galway city or Connemara
9 - Drive to Dublin am, pm in Dublin visiting family
10 - Day in Dublin
11 - Fly to Riga at 6am, arrive 11am
12 - Riga
13 - Riga, night train to Moscow
14 - Arrive Moscow 9am
15 - Moscow
16 - Moscow - Golden ring day trip?
17 - Moscow
18 - Moscow, night train to St Petersberg
19 - Arrive St Pete's at 7am
20 - St Pete's
21 - Day trip to Peterhof
22 - Day trip to Catherine Palace
23 - St Pete's, night train to Tallinn
24 - Arrive Tallinn 7am - Girlfriend's bday
25 - Fly to London at noon, arrive 1pm
26 - Final day in London with family
27 - Fly out of London at 12 noon
I know it's pretty packed but that's how we like it!
What I would like is for someone who has been to Russia and Baltics to comment on my allocation of days there, advice on possible day trips, or just general comments from anyone. Thanks!
Please comment on my itinerary for Russia and a bit of the Baltics (and UK/Ireland as well!)
- 1 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 2 best clubs in barcelona
- 3 Hotel recommendations for Turin
- 4 Dordogne Canoe Ride - All wet!
- 5 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 6 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 7 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 8 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 9 Paris 2 bedroom/2bathroom apartment you would recommend?
- 10 Last minute lake change....
- 11 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 12 getting out of rome airport to hotel?
- 13 Affordable London Hotel
- 14 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 15 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 16 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 17 Italian train question
- 18 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 19 Getting the best our of Europe
- 20 Yet another train question......
- 21 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 22 Paris - Nice/Eze - Como - Venice/Rome
- 23 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 24 Transportation for 7 ladies from Marais apartment to only airport
- 25 Chatham Dockyards Need a Whole Day?