I'm an English guy currently living in Sydney with my aussie girlfriend and we're planning a trip back to Europe to see my family. I've lived here for nearly 2 years and it'll be my first trip home so v excited!
We're both mid 20's and v experienced travellers. We like to spend 1 month each year taking a trip (had 4 great weeks in the USA last year). We're fast paced travellers on the most part, like busy cities with lots of local life. I like museums, she doesn't as much. She likes nature and we both like long walks, good food and a few drinks in the evening (pubs rather than nightclubs)
Please take a look at my proposed itinerary and let me know what you think - it's Russia and the Baltics I mostly need advice on - the time in the UK and Ireland is with family - but I'll put the whole thing here for context. My parents are comming to Ireland with us, the time in Russia and Baltics is on our own.
My girlfriend arrives 5 days after I do as she didn't have as much leave to take and I'll be able to spend a bit of time with my parents on my own as well.
Aug 24 - I arrive in London at 5.55am
29 - Girlfriend arrives in London at 4pm
5 - Mum's bday
7 - Drive to Fishguard, take 11am Ferry to Ireland, drive to village in Co Galway that Dad was born in and my uncle still lives in. Should arrive about 4pm or so?
8 - My bday. Day trip to Galway city or Connemara
9 - Drive to Dublin am, pm in Dublin visiting family
10 - Day in Dublin
11 - Fly to Riga at 6am, arrive 11am
12 - Riga
13 - Riga, night train to Moscow
14 - Arrive Moscow 9am
15 - Moscow
16 - Moscow - Golden ring day trip?
17 - Moscow
18 - Moscow, night train to St Petersberg
19 - Arrive St Pete's at 7am
20 - St Pete's
21 - Day trip to Peterhof
22 - Day trip to Catherine Palace
23 - St Pete's, night train to Tallinn
24 - Arrive Tallinn 7am - Girlfriend's bday
25 - Fly to London at noon, arrive 1pm
26 - Final day in London with family
27 - Fly out of London at 12 noon
I know it's pretty packed but that's how we like it!
What I would like is for someone who has been to Russia and Baltics to comment on my allocation of days there, advice on possible day trips, or just general comments from anyone. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling to Nice, seeking someone to join.
- 2 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 3 Germany in 7 days
- 4 Restaurant Recommendations in Rome
- 5 Netflix and Hulu
- 6 Milan airport to Duomo area by train?
- 7 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 8 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 9 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 10 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 11 Portugal itinerary without a car - suggestions appreciated!
- 12 French open 2017
- 13 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 14 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 15 how far in advance of flight to get to airport
- 16 Lisbon and Spain-"must see" advance tix?
- 17 Amalfi October 16-25
- 18 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 19 Norway and Copenhagen - 13 days
- 20 Train & Car Rental Logistics from Florence
- 21 Naples
- 22 Advice please: 10 days in South-West England with a toddler
- 23 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 24 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 25 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
Please comment on my itinerary for Russia and a bit of the Baltics (and UK/Ireland as well!)