I'm just beginning to plan an 17-is day trip to Italy--kind of late in terms of planning for some, I know, but I recently found out that I've earned an international ticket, so I'm going for it! I wanted to run my itinerary past some travel-seasoned eyes and see what people think.
Fly into Naples, arriving early evening, stay 3 nights (2 full days); ferry to Positano, 3 or 4 nights; ferry/train or bus/train to Florence, 4 nights; train to Rome, 4 nights; train to Venice, 3 nights. Fly home.
Does this seem like too much? I've been to these places before, but not for a number of years, and am happy to be revisiting them and having new/different experiences. I am interested in food and wine, art, history, walking around and just looking at everything, some shopping, and a little beach time. I have visited Pompeii, Ercolano, and Paestum, but that was (gasp) about 20 years ago. Same for Venice. I visited the other locations in 2010, but there is so much I haven't seen or done.
Other details: I don't plan on having a car. I would like to revisit Florence, but also do a couple daytrips (I've been to Pisa and the Cinque Terre...thinking more about some of the other nearby locations). I enjoyed Positano very much, but if anyone has another suggestion for an idyllic location like that, my ears are open.
Thank you for any and all suggestions you can offer!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 base for Andalucia
- 2 Globus Iberian Tour
- 3 Italy travel plan help
- 4 Heading to Amsterdam soon. Do you recommend I try weed?
- 5 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 6 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 7 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 8 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 9 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 10 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 11 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 12 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 13 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 14 Shorts in South of France?
- 15 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 16 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 17 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 18 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 19 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 20 Poland to Austria In December
- 21 Alsace to Austria?
- 22 Wales
- 23 Paris in early august
- 24 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 25 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?