I'm just beginning to plan an 17-is day trip to Italy--kind of late in terms of planning for some, I know, but I recently found out that I've earned an international ticket, so I'm going for it! I wanted to run my itinerary past some travel-seasoned eyes and see what people think.
Fly into Naples, arriving early evening, stay 3 nights (2 full days); ferry to Positano, 3 or 4 nights; ferry/train or bus/train to Florence, 4 nights; train to Rome, 4 nights; train to Venice, 3 nights. Fly home.
Does this seem like too much? I've been to these places before, but not for a number of years, and am happy to be revisiting them and having new/different experiences. I am interested in food and wine, art, history, walking around and just looking at everything, some shopping, and a little beach time. I have visited Pompeii, Ercolano, and Paestum, but that was (gasp) about 20 years ago. Same for Venice. I visited the other locations in 2010, but there is so much I haven't seen or done.
Other details: I don't plan on having a car. I would like to revisit Florence, but also do a couple daytrips (I've been to Pisa and the Cinque Terre...thinking more about some of the other nearby locations). I enjoyed Positano very much, but if anyone has another suggestion for an idyllic location like that, my ears are open.
Thank you for any and all suggestions you can offer!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 파워볼시스템배팅 ▼ 접속 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 3 One night in the Dolomites
- 4 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 5 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 6 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 7 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 8 Airport Transit Visa
- 9 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 10 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 11 Where in Greece
- 12 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 13 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 14 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 15 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 16 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 17 Vatican tour
- 18 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 19 Day in Capri
- 20 alcazar question and seville advice
- 21 TSA Precheck
- 22 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 23 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 24 First visit to London
- 25 Paris travel help