Some members of my family are spending some time together in Verona in May, and then we are splitting up. They are heading west and I am a bit unsure how to spend the next five days by myself. I need to depart from the Zagreb airport back to the States and will be launching/departing from Verona. It will look like this:
Verona -- leave Saturday morning for (possibly) Llubljana and Zagreb
Zagreb -- leave for LAX Wednesday morning
I found a van company https://www.goopti.com/en/ that drives direct from Verona to Llubljana, Slovenia, which I thought would make a nice stopover. My thought, then, was to to take the train down to Zagreb.
I have not been to either of these cities -- or countries -- so might be missing something obvious and would appreciate your advice. For reference, I have been to Venice a few times already and to many places in northern Italy. I need to depart from Zagreb, so that part is non-negotiable. I just need to figure out the days in between Verona and Zagreb.
My impression is that people like these two cities (Llubljana and Zagreb), so I am okay sticking with this idea, but if you have ideas for how to split the 4 days or recommendations on transportation or hotels, I am all ears. Alternatively, if another town or city is a must-see, I am game to hear that, too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland 3 day layover
- 2 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 3 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 4 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 5 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 6 Train travel
- 7 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 8 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 9 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 10 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
- 11 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 12 Christmas Markets 2017
- 13 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 14 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 15 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 16 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 17 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 18 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 19 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 20 Hotel recommendations: Venice, Florence and Rome
- 21 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 22 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 23 Wengen 3 1/2 days trip final suggestion
- 24 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 25 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
Ideas for end of family trip -- Verona to Ljubljana to Zagreb?