Some members of my family are spending some time together in Verona in May, and then we are splitting up. They are heading west and I am a bit unsure how to spend the next five days by myself. I need to depart from the Zagreb airport back to the States and will be launching/departing from Verona. It will look like this:
Verona -- leave Saturday morning for (possibly) Llubljana and Zagreb
Zagreb -- leave for LAX Wednesday morning
I found a van company https://www.goopti.com/en/ that drives direct from Verona to Llubljana, Slovenia, which I thought would make a nice stopover. My thought, then, was to to take the train down to Zagreb.
I have not been to either of these cities -- or countries -- so might be missing something obvious and would appreciate your advice. For reference, I have been to Venice a few times already and to many places in northern Italy. I need to depart from Zagreb, so that part is non-negotiable. I just need to figure out the days in between Verona and Zagreb.
My impression is that people like these two cities (Llubljana and Zagreb), so I am okay sticking with this idea, but if you have ideas for how to split the 4 days or recommendations on transportation or hotels, I am all ears. Alternatively, if another town or city is a must-see, I am game to hear that, too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 iPhone/Skype/ATM questions
- 2 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 3 Passenger van Rental in Milan
- 4 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 5 Sevilla lodging 3 adults 3 kids and things to do
- 6 Clean up spam
- 7 Ron Hoffberg, Prague Guide
- 8 Valencia, Spain
- 9 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 10 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 11 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 12 Small towns not too near Paris
- 13 Help with basic itinerary
- 14 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 15 credit and debit cards
- 16 Suggestions for two night stay near Athens airport?
- 17 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 18 Positano Surprise
- 19 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 20 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 21 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 22 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 23 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 24 Greece and Italy Combo
- 25 Cinqueterre
Ideas for end of family trip -- Verona to Ljubljana to Zagreb?