Pula to Ljubljana and Bled question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3rd, 2018, 01:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Next summer we are cruising on a small boat from Dubrovnik.

1. Any rec's for a private driver from Pula to Ljubljana and perhaps a second one in the Bled area?

2. What route should we take from Pula through Istria, stopping in a town or two?

3. Should we spend the first night in Ljubljana and then the second night in Lake Bled, as I want to see some of the Julian Alps?

Thanks.
Old Dec 3rd, 2018, 03:56 PM
kja

1. Sorry, I don't know of one.
2. It depends on what you want to see an experience en route!
3. I would strongly urge at least one night in Ljubljana -- it is particularly charming after dark. Whether to re-locate to Bled depends on exactly what you want to see and do. I spent 2 nights in each, but then, there was a lot I wanted to do in and around Bled. I think many people would say that the inconvenience of relocating would not be justified when the two are less than an hour apart.
Old Dec 4th, 2018, 12:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you are a walker then Bled is seriously good, but the actual town is a bit Hotel/restaurant/hotel/restaurant.

Ljubljana has a small central area around the castle that is old fashioned, old or just rebuilt to look old depending on what didn't fall down. Certainly down around the rivers the evenings are a nice place for a wander and there are two good art museums and the castle to visit.

Two nights in either would be a stretch for me.
Old Dec 4th, 2018, 09:19 AM

For a transfer from Pula to Ljubljana with a couple of stops, these guys can do it - Home - Nautilus Tourist Agency - Apartments Rovinj Croatia

I would just stay in Ljubljana two nights with a day trip to Bled. There are a number of outfits that do day tours, or you could get a private transfer to Bled and the Julian Alps. You would not arrive in Ljubljana until afternoon, it doesn't give you a lot of time to explore there..