Going to Italy for 8 nights flying into Naples out of Rome mid August two adults one teenager..
To see Pompeii, naples, amalfi & Revello, Sorrento seems the best base, but Hotels with pools (whats left at this stage!) in Sorrento town seem overpriced and basic for our room budget (€130 - €160 per night) so I have begun to look at Sant'agata de gofii or Sant'Agnello meaning we have more chance of a pool/better teen friendly hotel with resturants in walking distance rather than staying in the hills of Sorrento and having to rely on shuttle buses to go for dinner etc, has anybody stayed in these areas with kids?
Is Massa Lubrensse just too far out for day trips?
Or would you suggest arriving in Naples (I've heard mixed reviews on the area) and staying there one night to see museum and Pompeii and then heading round to Amalfi and staying there for the 4 nights to travel around the coast?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 2 Hertz Never Lost
- 3 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 4 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 5 Sicily car rental: pickup, drop off, and size
- 6 Please help with transportation suggestions in Belgium
- 7 2 Days in Bologna
- 8 Spain student visa/ travel questions
- 9 Southern Spain Recs for Honeymooners?
- 10 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 11 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 12 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 13 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 14 First Time Europe Trip
- 15 Cordoba to Madrid airport?
- 16 Early planning for Scotland. Itinerary thoughts?
- 17 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 18 BritRail Pass Seat Reservation Cost
- 19 Cordoba or Granada?
- 20 Hostel Advice
- 21 Munich, Germany
- 22 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 23 Itinerary Help For Switzerland And Lakes Region Of Italy
- 24 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 25 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
Help! Hard find hotel in or around Sorrento For August with Teenager