Going to Italy for 8 nights flying into Naples out of Rome mid August two adults one teenager..
To see Pompeii, naples, amalfi & Revello, Sorrento seems the best base, but Hotels with pools (whats left at this stage!) in Sorrento town seem overpriced and basic for our room budget (€130 - €160 per night) so I have begun to look at Sant'agata de gofii or Sant'Agnello meaning we have more chance of a pool/better teen friendly hotel with resturants in walking distance rather than staying in the hills of Sorrento and having to rely on shuttle buses to go for dinner etc, has anybody stayed in these areas with kids?
Is Massa Lubrensse just too far out for day trips?
Or would you suggest arriving in Naples (I've heard mixed reviews on the area) and staying there one night to see museum and Pompeii and then heading round to Amalfi and staying there for the 4 nights to travel around the coast?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 2 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 3 Trains France/Switzerland
- 4 fear of driving in rome!
- 5 Italy trains question
- 6 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 7 Best/Most Scenic Route to Annecy, France from Amsterdam
- 8 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 9 Le Marche, Italy
- 10 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 11 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 12 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 13 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 14 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 15 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 16 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 17 European Championship
- 18 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 19 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 20 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 21 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
- 22 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 23 Two nights with kids in Normandy/Brittany
- 24 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 25 Bellissimo Rome, Amalfi Coast, Florence and Caserta: Our wonderful trip
Help! Hard find hotel in or around Sorrento For August with Teenager