Going to Italy for 8 nights flying into Naples out of Rome mid August two adults one teenager..
To see Pompeii, naples, amalfi & Revello, Sorrento seems the best base, but Hotels with pools (whats left at this stage!) in Sorrento town seem overpriced and basic for our room budget (€130 - €160 per night) so I have begun to look at Sant'agata de gofii or Sant'Agnello meaning we have more chance of a pool/better teen friendly hotel with resturants in walking distance rather than staying in the hills of Sorrento and having to rely on shuttle buses to go for dinner etc, has anybody stayed in these areas with kids?
Is Massa Lubrensse just too far out for day trips?
Or would you suggest arriving in Naples (I've heard mixed reviews on the area) and staying there one night to see museum and Pompeii and then heading round to Amalfi and staying there for the 4 nights to travel around the coast?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6 Days in Italy
- 2 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 3 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 4 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 5 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 6 Alitala
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 Durham Castle or Lumley Castle?
- 9 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 10 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 11 Which Hotel in Rome
- 12 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 13 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 14 SE ITALY
- 15 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 16 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 19 renting
- 20 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 21 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 22 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 23 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 24 Road closure to Linderhof October 2017
- 25 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
Help! Hard find hotel in or around Sorrento For August with Teenager