Going to Italy for 8 nights flying into Naples out of Rome mid August two adults one teenager..
To see Pompeii, naples, amalfi & Revello, Sorrento seems the best base, but Hotels with pools (whats left at this stage!) in Sorrento town seem overpriced and basic for our room budget (€130 - €160 per night) so I have begun to look at Sant'agata de gofii or Sant'Agnello meaning we have more chance of a pool/better teen friendly hotel with resturants in walking distance rather than staying in the hills of Sorrento and having to rely on shuttle buses to go for dinner etc, has anybody stayed in these areas with kids?
Is Massa Lubrensse just too far out for day trips?
Or would you suggest arriving in Naples (I've heard mixed reviews on the area) and staying there one night to see museum and Pompeii and then heading round to Amalfi and staying there for the 4 nights to travel around the coast?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cinque Terre trail closures?
- 2 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 3 Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest
- 4 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 5 European Travel in March
- 6 Scotland Highlands Help
- 7 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 8 Amsterdam, Germany
- 9 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 10 Ravenna Mosaics
- 11 Our time in Rome
- 12 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 13 Berlin, germany
- 14 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 15 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 16 Itinerary Critique, please?
- 17 What to shop for in Floeence, Chianti, Montalcino and CT
- 18 Greece Itinerary
- 19 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 20 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 21 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 22 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 23 Barcelona and coastal towns
- 24 evening of song and dance
- 25 Hallstatt to Salzburg- getting back transportation questions
Help! Hard find hotel in or around Sorrento For August with Teenager