Sorrento hotel with sea view rooms

Old Jun 10th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorrento hotel with sea view rooms

My husband and I will be in Sorrento for 4 nights in early September. Please suggest hotels with sea view rooms. Thanks very much!
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 05:19 AM

Last month we stayed at Il Nido, which has been mentioned a lot on this board, and loved it. For 100E a night we had a large room with a deck overlooking the water. Wonderful breakfast, too. It's in the hills but they have a free shuttle that runs once an hour.
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 06:12 AM

I'm sitting right now on the terrace at the Bellevue Syrene in Sorrento. The Bay is directly below me, and the hotel is lovely ... but not inexpensive.
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 06:20 AM

I second the Bellevue Syrene! We had the top floor suite when the hotel was first renovated. Nothing short of spectacular

It is not inexpensive, but that view( from my bathtub too!)
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 06:30 AM

I second Il Nido. We had a wonderful time there - the balcony overlooking the Bay of Naples was the perfect place to enjoy a bottle of wine and some cheese while watching the sun set. Being a bit outside of town meant it was quiet and peaceful, but the shuttle provided easy and quick access to town whenever we needed.
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 06:45 AM

Several years ago we stayed at the Hotel Bristol and loved it. The views are perfect.

I checked Trip Advisor and it still has excellent reviews.

http://www.bristolsorrento.com/en/index.php
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 07:34 AM

Www.Hoteldelfino.com

$85 for sea view suite this May

Otel.com

Perfect views over Capri Ischia

Best breakfast of my entire trip.
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your feedback. This is most helpful and will save me a lot of "research time".
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 06:44 AM

My family of 8 adults stayed at Hotel Bristol last Sept. for 3 nts. and would stay there again. The views are outstanding, the walk into town easy and the staff couldn't have been nicer.
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 10:52 AM

Depends on your budget and what you want.

We have stayed a couple of times in the Excelsior Grand Vittoria - which has some rooms overlooking the Bay of Naples and some with private balconies overlooking the Bay. The main public area of the hotel also includes a large terrace directly overlooking the Bay. A traditional hotel in a very beautiful garden - but in the center of town, although you would never know it.

We have always gotten good rates in May - but you didn't specify price range.
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 02:09 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Hotel Delfino is not in Sorrento.
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 03:49 PM

If you haven't already booked your lodging, consider staying outside of Sorrento. Frankly it is overly touristy and not nearly as enjoyable as it was 10 years ago. There is great lodging to be found in other regions of the Amalfi however. Un Ravello (the Palazzo Sasso www.palazzosasso.com ) is exquisite. You can also stay in a lovely little beach area, secluded from tourists, called Vico Equense. Here's a link to some hotels there http://www.venere.com/italy/vico-equense

There's a great blog post about staying in Salerno as an alternative for people on a budget that still want easy access in and out, do the amalfi coast bus, pompeii, etc, and have more charm to the city.

http://www.walksofitaly.com/blog/tra...coast-holidays
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 02:47 AM
Original Poster

Thank you spiceolife for your information. I appreciate you sharing some alternatives to Sorrento. At this time we are also considering staying at a B&B in Sorrento. Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks agian all for your time and information.
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 03:03 AM

Maybe this will help, if you are considering Vico or Sant Agnello.

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...nt-agnello.cfm
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 03:10 AM

QwoVadis: I wish you would stop flogging the Delfino and that booking site.

Several times I've checked prices for rates that you quote. And every time I do this, I get rates that are multiples of the ones you quote.

Try booking the Delfino in June.

What you see is not the $85 you posted for May, which is in any case, not useful since it is now June, but prices that begin at $US213 for a standard room. Not a sea view suite.

Not only that, the hotel is not in Sorrento.

Next time you find one of the low rates you are always touting, let's see the web page where that price is shown.
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 01:29 PM

I also had a wonderful stay at the Hotel Bristol. The short walk up the hill was welcomed after all the pasta I was eating! But depending on your dates, they may be booked. Their September calendar is pretty full.
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 06:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The Imperial Tramontano is essentially next door to the Bellevue Syrene and also sits right on the cliff overlooking the Bay of Naples. We stayed at the Bellevue on our first visit several years ago. A few years later, I didn't like the post-renovation decor at the Bellevue, so we stayed at the Tramontano and had a lovely time.
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 06:30 PM

I stayed at the Imperial Tramontano and loved the location, ambiance and the food served was excellent--especially the choices for breakfast. Our room had a large balcony overlooking the sea and Mt.Vesuvius. Not all rooms have the large balcony. http://www.hoteltramontano.it
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 01:15 AM

Here's a photo (taken from my room at the Bellevue Syrene) of my terrace and the view: https://picasaweb.google.com/dtopaz/...60866781065570

I passed the Tramontano frequently, and its location is terrific. Also just in back of the Bellevue Syrene was the Hotel Continental, which has sea-view rooms.
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 11:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
DonTopaz, now you're just being mean to us poor slobs at home.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -