I am bringing my family on a trip to France this coming July. We are really excited about being able to check out the lavender fields. However, before that we are considering the idea of visiting Italy as well between the Paris and Provence legs of our trip.
We have tentatively booked accommodation in Aix-en-Provence as our base. Based on some preliminary research, we are looking at visiting two cities out of Venice/Rome/Turin/Milan during our 6D5N stay in Italy.
Can someone advise which two cities you would recommend that we visit, keeping in mind that we are trying to find some form of direct transportation option between the Aix-en-Provence and the second city.
Most options we have found, for instance for Venice-Aix, requires flying from Venice to Nice and then train to Aix. My wife has indicated she would like to cut down on transportation transfers to save time.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 2 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 3 Weekend in London; looking for the best Indian food
- 4 From London to Paris to US
- 5 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 6 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 7 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 8 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 9 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 10 Itinerary help please!
- 11 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 12 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 13 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 14 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 15 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 16 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 17 France to stop making foie grois
- 18 Holiday Itinerary
- 19 Car hire
- 20 Ireland driving itinerary
- 21 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 22 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 23 Naples or Genoa
- 24 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 25 San Sebastián house rental with kids
Help - direct travel from Venice/Turin/Milan/Rome to Aix-en-Provence?