I am bringing my family on a trip to France this coming July. We are really excited about being able to check out the lavender fields. However, before that we are considering the idea of visiting Italy as well between the Paris and Provence legs of our trip.
We have tentatively booked accommodation in Aix-en-Provence as our base. Based on some preliminary research, we are looking at visiting two cities out of Venice/Rome/Turin/Milan during our 6D5N stay in Italy.
Can someone advise which two cities you would recommend that we visit, keeping in mind that we are trying to find some form of direct transportation option between the Aix-en-Provence and the second city.
Most options we have found, for instance for Venice-Aix, requires flying from Venice to Nice and then train to Aix. My wife has indicated she would like to cut down on transportation transfers to save time.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 2 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 3 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 4 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 5 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 6 Travel WiFi - France
- 7 Naples or Genoa
- 8 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 9 Our European adventures
- 10 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 11 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 12 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 13 England and Wales by public transport
- 14 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 15 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 16 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 17 Planning Advice!
- 18 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 19 Greece in 15 Days
- 20 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 21 Help with itinerary
- 22 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 23 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 24 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 25 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel
Help - direct travel from Venice/Turin/Milan/Rome to Aix-en-Provence?