I am bringing my family on a trip to France this coming July. We are really excited about being able to check out the lavender fields. However, before that we are considering the idea of visiting Italy as well between the Paris and Provence legs of our trip.
We have tentatively booked accommodation in Aix-en-Provence as our base. Based on some preliminary research, we are looking at visiting two cities out of Venice/Rome/Turin/Milan during our 6D5N stay in Italy.
Can someone advise which two cities you would recommend that we visit, keeping in mind that we are trying to find some form of direct transportation option between the Aix-en-Provence and the second city.
Most options we have found, for instance for Venice-Aix, requires flying from Venice to Nice and then train to Aix. My wife has indicated she would like to cut down on transportation transfers to save time.
Thanks in advance.
Help - direct travel from Venice/Turin/Milan/Rome to Aix-en-Provence?
- 1 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 2 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 3 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 4 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 5 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 6 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 7 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 8 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 9 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 10 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 11 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 12 banger rally around europe?
- 13 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 14 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 17 Euro Train
- 18 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 19 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 20 Trip around Spain
- 21 Trieste as a day trip?
- 22 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 23 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 24 Spain - Andalucia
- 25 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich