I am bringing my family on a trip to France this coming July. We are really excited about being able to check out the lavender fields. However, before that we are considering the idea of visiting Italy as well between the Paris and Provence legs of our trip.
We have tentatively booked accommodation in Aix-en-Provence as our base. Based on some preliminary research, we are looking at visiting two cities out of Venice/Rome/Turin/Milan during our 6D5N stay in Italy.
Can someone advise which two cities you would recommend that we visit, keeping in mind that we are trying to find some form of direct transportation option between the Aix-en-Provence and the second city.
Most options we have found, for instance for Venice-Aix, requires flying from Venice to Nice and then train to Aix. My wife has indicated she would like to cut down on transportation transfers to save time.
Thanks in advance.
Help - direct travel from Venice/Turin/Milan/Rome to Aix-en-Provence?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 2 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 3 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 4 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 7 Hotel in Venice
- 8 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 9 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 10 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 11 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 12 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 13 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 14 Europe in 21 days
- 15 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 16 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 17 Question re. ToT Montserrat Ticket for day trip
- 18 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 19 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 20 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 21 Spain Questions
- 22 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 23 Avignon to London?
- 24 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 25 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us