I am bringing my family on a trip to France this coming July. We are really excited about being able to check out the lavender fields. However, before that we are considering the idea of visiting Italy as well between the Paris and Provence legs of our trip.
We have tentatively booked accommodation in Aix-en-Provence as our base. Based on some preliminary research, we are looking at visiting two cities out of Venice/Rome/Turin/Milan during our 6D5N stay in Italy.
Can someone advise which two cities you would recommend that we visit, keeping in mind that we are trying to find some form of direct transportation option between the Aix-en-Provence and the second city.
Most options we have found, for instance for Venice-Aix, requires flying from Venice to Nice and then train to Aix. My wife has indicated she would like to cut down on transportation transfers to save time.
Thanks in advance.
Help - direct travel from Venice/Turin/Milan/Rome to Aix-en-Provence?
- 1 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 2 Looking for Feedback on Belgium/Holland Itinerary
- 3 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 4 Sicily 10 days
- 5 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 6 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 7 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 8 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 9 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 10 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 11 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 12 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 13 Belgium/Holland OR Paris/Strasbourg/Lucern
- 14 Advises for trip to Russia
- 15 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 16 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 17 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 18 Europe with young teens
- 19 First time traveler to Ireland
- 20 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 21 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 22 Euro Train
- 23 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 24 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 25 Prague - must see