I am bringing my family on a trip to France this coming July. We are really excited about being able to check out the lavender fields. However, before that we are considering the idea of visiting Italy as well between the Paris and Provence legs of our trip.
We have tentatively booked accommodation in Aix-en-Provence as our base. Based on some preliminary research, we are looking at visiting two cities out of Venice/Rome/Turin/Milan during our 6D5N stay in Italy.
Can someone advise which two cities you would recommend that we visit, keeping in mind that we are trying to find some form of direct transportation option between the Aix-en-Provence and the second city.
Most options we have found, for instance for Venice-Aix, requires flying from Venice to Nice and then train to Aix. My wife has indicated she would like to cut down on transportation transfers to save time.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 2 Help with ferry schedule Naples to Sorrento please.
- 3 London with kids
- 4 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 5 Reading Recommendations Spain
- 6 Best Route Belmonte to Pinhao
- 7 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 8 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 9 Pousadas in Portugal
- 10 Southern Spain or Sicily in early to mid March
- 11 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 12 Istanbul - FOOD!
- 13 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 14 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 15 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 16 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 17 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 18 Flight Cost to Athens
- 19 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 20 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 21 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 22 Public Transport information App/Website
- 23 Hotel advice
- 24 Flying from Porto to Barcelona
- 25 First time to Ireland with young kids
Help - direct travel from Venice/Turin/Milan/Rome to Aix-en-Provence?