I am bringing my family on a trip to France this coming July. We are really excited about being able to check out the lavender fields. However, before that we are considering the idea of visiting Italy as well between the Paris and Provence legs of our trip.
We have tentatively booked accommodation in Aix-en-Provence as our base. Based on some preliminary research, we are looking at visiting two cities out of Venice/Rome/Turin/Milan during our 6D5N stay in Italy.
Can someone advise which two cities you would recommend that we visit, keeping in mind that we are trying to find some form of direct transportation option between the Aix-en-Provence and the second city.
Most options we have found, for instance for Venice-Aix, requires flying from Venice to Nice and then train to Aix. My wife has indicated she would like to cut down on transportation transfers to save time.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tuscany Trip
- 2 Calling all Iceland mavens.
- 3 12-14 nights enough ?
- 4 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 5 France is losing the core of its historic provincial towns
- 6 Bring US appliances to Germany?
- 7 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 8 Hurry to France before it loses it's frenchness
- 9 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 10 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 11 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 12 Where to go in Warsaw and Krakow?
- 13 Updated Southern Croatia Trip (recommendations please)
- 14 5 Days in Bernese Oberland
- 15 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 16 Need help with my itinerary
- 17 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 18 Transpennine Express-Ticket/No Seat Res
- 19 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 20 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 21 Killarney
- 22 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 23 5 days northern spain, help us !
- 24 Salon de l’Agriculture in Paris: foods, cows, orchid and Swissman
- 25 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
Help - direct travel from Venice/Turin/Milan/Rome to Aix-en-Provence?