I am bringing my family on a trip to France this coming July. We are really excited about being able to check out the lavender fields. However, before that we are considering the idea of visiting Italy as well between the Paris and Provence legs of our trip.
We have tentatively booked accommodation in Aix-en-Provence as our base. Based on some preliminary research, we are looking at visiting two cities out of Venice/Rome/Turin/Milan during our 6D5N stay in Italy.
Can someone advise which two cities you would recommend that we visit, keeping in mind that we are trying to find some form of direct transportation option between the Aix-en-Provence and the second city.
Most options we have found, for instance for Venice-Aix, requires flying from Venice to Nice and then train to Aix. My wife has indicated she would like to cut down on transportation transfers to save time.
Thanks in advance.
Help - direct travel from Venice/Turin/Milan/Rome to Aix-en-Provence?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help!
- 2 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 3 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 4 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 5 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 6 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 7 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 8 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 9 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 10 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 11 Street food in Turkey
- 12 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 13 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 14 Valencia Fallas GTG March 17th 1 pm Hotel Melia Plaza
- 15 Toulouse and beyond -
- 16 One week in Venice - trips
- 17 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 18 Scotland
- 19 9 days in turkey
- 20 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 21 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 22 UK for 12 days !
- 23 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 24 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 25 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase