I am bringing my family on a trip to France this coming July. We are really excited about being able to check out the lavender fields. However, before that we are considering the idea of visiting Italy as well between the Paris and Provence legs of our trip.
We have tentatively booked accommodation in Aix-en-Provence as our base. Based on some preliminary research, we are looking at visiting two cities out of Venice/Rome/Turin/Milan during our 6D5N stay in Italy.
Can someone advise which two cities you would recommend that we visit, keeping in mind that we are trying to find some form of direct transportation option between the Aix-en-Provence and the second city.
Most options we have found, for instance for Venice-Aix, requires flying from Venice to Nice and then train to Aix. My wife has indicated she would like to cut down on transportation transfers to save time.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Taormina, Sicily
- 2 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 3 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 4 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 5 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 6 River Boat Cruise
- 7 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 8 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 9 Sliema, Malta
- 10 Portugal. & Southern Spain
- 11 Sachsenhausen?
- 12 Looking for advice on a Paris-based day trip to Reims
- 13 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 14 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 15 Road tripping: Isle of Skye to London
- 16 Rome to Portofino -
- 17 Sim Card
- 18 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 19 3 Days in Paris.. what are the "must sees"?
- 20 12 Days in Italy
- 21 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 22 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 23 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 24 student in denmark
- 25 Poland in September
Help - direct travel from Venice/Turin/Milan/Rome to Aix-en-Provence?