I am bringing my family on a trip to France this coming July. We are really excited about being able to check out the lavender fields. However, before that we are considering the idea of visiting Italy as well between the Paris and Provence legs of our trip.
We have tentatively booked accommodation in Aix-en-Provence as our base. Based on some preliminary research, we are looking at visiting two cities out of Venice/Rome/Turin/Milan during our 6D5N stay in Italy.
Can someone advise which two cities you would recommend that we visit, keeping in mind that we are trying to find some form of direct transportation option between the Aix-en-Provence and the second city.
Most options we have found, for instance for Venice-Aix, requires flying from Venice to Nice and then train to Aix. My wife has indicated she would like to cut down on transportation transfers to save time.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 2 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 3 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 4 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 5 Public Transportation in England
- 6 Le Marche Research Help
- 7 Firt time VISA applicant
- 8 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 9 Need Information about French Alps
- 10 Murren to Prague
- 11 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 12 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 13 France Itinerary Advice
- 14 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 15 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 16 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 17 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 18 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 19 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 20 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 21 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 22 DECORATED FARMHOUSES OF HÄLSINGLAND IN SWEDEN
- 23 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 24 Sintra
- 25 Venice Bell Tower
Help - direct travel from Venice/Turin/Milan/Rome to Aix-en-Provence?