I am bringing my family on a trip to France this coming July. We are really excited about being able to check out the lavender fields. However, before that we are considering the idea of visiting Italy as well between the Paris and Provence legs of our trip.
We have tentatively booked accommodation in Aix-en-Provence as our base. Based on some preliminary research, we are looking at visiting two cities out of Venice/Rome/Turin/Milan during our 6D5N stay in Italy.
Can someone advise which two cities you would recommend that we visit, keeping in mind that we are trying to find some form of direct transportation option between the Aix-en-Provence and the second city.
Most options we have found, for instance for Venice-Aix, requires flying from Venice to Nice and then train to Aix. My wife has indicated she would like to cut down on transportation transfers to save time.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CHARTER@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre24/7
- 2 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 3 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 4 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 5 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 6 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 7 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 8 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 9 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 10 London with Teens Trip Report
- 11 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 12 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 13 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 14 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 15 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 16 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 17 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 18 Madrird and Seville
- 19 Greece
- 20 Ludwig Castles
- 21 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 22 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 23 Lake Como AREA questions
- 24 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 25 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
Help - direct travel from Venice/Turin/Milan/Rome to Aix-en-Provence?