I am bringing my family on a trip to France this coming July. We are really excited about being able to check out the lavender fields. However, before that we are considering the idea of visiting Italy as well between the Paris and Provence legs of our trip.
We have tentatively booked accommodation in Aix-en-Provence as our base. Based on some preliminary research, we are looking at visiting two cities out of Venice/Rome/Turin/Milan during our 6D5N stay in Italy.
Can someone advise which two cities you would recommend that we visit, keeping in mind that we are trying to find some form of direct transportation option between the Aix-en-Provence and the second city.
Most options we have found, for instance for Venice-Aix, requires flying from Venice to Nice and then train to Aix. My wife has indicated she would like to cut down on transportation transfers to save time.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Acorn TV
- 2 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 3 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 4 Versailles
- 5 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 6 Sicily
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 9 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 12 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 13 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 14 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 15 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 16 Train help for Prague
- 17 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 18 Germany train help!
- 19 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 20 Petrol in Greece
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 23 Where to enjoy Paris
- 24 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 25 Renaissance Paris Vendome
Help - direct travel from Venice/Turin/Milan/Rome to Aix-en-Provence?