I am bringing my family on a trip to France this coming July. We are really excited about being able to check out the lavender fields. However, before that we are considering the idea of visiting Italy as well between the Paris and Provence legs of our trip.
We have tentatively booked accommodation in Aix-en-Provence as our base. Based on some preliminary research, we are looking at visiting two cities out of Venice/Rome/Turin/Milan during our 6D5N stay in Italy.
Can someone advise which two cities you would recommend that we visit, keeping in mind that we are trying to find some form of direct transportation option between the Aix-en-Provence and the second city.
Most options we have found, for instance for Venice-Aix, requires flying from Venice to Nice and then train to Aix. My wife has indicated she would like to cut down on transportation transfers to save time.
Thanks in advance.
Help - direct travel from Venice/Turin/Milan/Rome to Aix-en-Provence?
- 1 British drivers
- 2 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 3 A full week in The Netherlands
- 4 Prague Main Train Station
- 5 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 6 Spain Travel
- 7 Venice in Jan
- 8 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 9 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 10 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 11 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 12 Southern France
- 13 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 14 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 15 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 16 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 17 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 18 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 Public transport from Ostuni
- 21 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 22 Itinerary Questions
- 23 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 24 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 25 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?