I am bringing my family on a trip to France this coming July. We are really excited about being able to check out the lavender fields. However, before that we are considering the idea of visiting Italy as well between the Paris and Provence legs of our trip.
We have tentatively booked accommodation in Aix-en-Provence as our base. Based on some preliminary research, we are looking at visiting two cities out of Venice/Rome/Turin/Milan during our 6D5N stay in Italy.
Can someone advise which two cities you would recommend that we visit, keeping in mind that we are trying to find some form of direct transportation option between the Aix-en-Provence and the second city.
Most options we have found, for instance for Venice-Aix, requires flying from Venice to Nice and then train to Aix. My wife has indicated she would like to cut down on transportation transfers to save time.
Thanks in advance.
Help - direct travel from Venice/Turin/Milan/Rome to Aix-en-Provence?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A weekend in Europe--where to go?
- 2 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 3 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 4 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 5 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 6 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 7 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 8 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 9 Croatia itinerary
- 10 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 11 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 12 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 13 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 14 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 15 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 16 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 17 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 18 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 19 Visit to Bath and London england
- 20 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 21 10 days in England
- 22 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 23 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 24 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 25 London - Paris - Venice - Flight & Transport Questions