I am bringing my family on a trip to France this coming July. We are really excited about being able to check out the lavender fields. However, before that we are considering the idea of visiting Italy as well between the Paris and Provence legs of our trip.
We have tentatively booked accommodation in Aix-en-Provence as our base. Based on some preliminary research, we are looking at visiting two cities out of Venice/Rome/Turin/Milan during our 6D5N stay in Italy.
Can someone advise which two cities you would recommend that we visit, keeping in mind that we are trying to find some form of direct transportation option between the Aix-en-Provence and the second city.
Most options we have found, for instance for Venice-Aix, requires flying from Venice to Nice and then train to Aix. My wife has indicated she would like to cut down on transportation transfers to save time.
Thanks in advance.
Help - direct travel from Venice/Turin/Milan/Rome to Aix-en-Provence?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 2 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 3 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 4 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 5 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 6 What do you wish you'd known about Iceland before you went?
- 7 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 8 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 9 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 10 10 days in England
- 11 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 12 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 13 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 14 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 15 Struggling with Ireland itinerary - help finding off the beaten path gems!
- 16 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 17 A full week in The Netherlands
- 18 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 19 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 20 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 21 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 22 Suggested itinerary for Istanbul??
- 23 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 24 Drawing courses in Paris
- 25 If you had a week in Switzerland...