Next month I (19 years old) will be hitch-hiking from Utrecht (The Netherlands) to Germany but I'm not yet sure where to go. I've been to Berlin twice already, so I wanted to try something else. I've read some things about Hamburg and I got the impression that it is a rather cold (in an emotional sense) and empty city. Also it seems that is mainly a place for the retired rich. Can anybody refute this dull image of the city? WHY SHOULD I VISIT HAMBURG? Persuade me! What I like about Berlin is that is a very youthful and vibrant city, does Hamburg offer this youthful vibe too? Munich is an option too, but I doubt if I will make it in one day. Thanks in advance for your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 2 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 3 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 4 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 5 Rome and Venice in December
- 6 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 7 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 8 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 9 Safest way to get to Dunkerque from Calais ferry terminal
- 10 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 11 permits. Has been proven to no other treatment
- 12 Shopping in Paris
- 13 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 14 Brussels Airport
- 15 spanish winery region(s)
- 16 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 17 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 18 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 19 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 20 Rome to Sicily/Lipari September fly/boat???
- 21 Malta: baby food?
- 22 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 23 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 24 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 25 Feedback on Spain Trip