Next month I (19 years old) will be hitch-hiking from Utrecht (The Netherlands) to Germany but I'm not yet sure where to go. I've been to Berlin twice already, so I wanted to try something else. I've read some things about Hamburg and I got the impression that it is a rather cold (in an emotional sense) and empty city. Also it seems that is mainly a place for the retired rich. Can anybody refute this dull image of the city? WHY SHOULD I VISIT HAMBURG? Persuade me! What I like about Berlin is that is a very youthful and vibrant city, does Hamburg offer this youthful vibe too? Munich is an option too, but I doubt if I will make it in one day. Thanks in advance for your replies!
Hamburg, worth a visit?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 2 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 3 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 4 4 days in Sorrento, 4 days in Rome--expert advice needed!
- 5 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 6 If you had a do-over @ Hampton Court Palace..
- 7 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?
- 8 Trip to Italy
- 9 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 10 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 11 Please help me plan my trip!
- 12 Copenhagen hotel
- 13 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 14 Afternoon Tea in London: Savoy vs. Ritz
- 15 Paris Street Market Selling Soaps from Provence
- 16 Heathrow-Bath bus tickets
- 17 Private driver Amalfi Coast
- 18 euro quiz # 69 - All About Parks...
- 19 Rental car and Portugal toll charges
- 20 Sorting out my travel Days in Italy
- 21 scotland trave;
- 22 One night in Paris- where to stay?
- 23 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 24 3.5 weeks in Europe w/ 10-month old
- 25 Europe in June with 8-year old