Next month I (19 years old) will be hitch-hiking from Utrecht (The Netherlands) to Germany but I'm not yet sure where to go. I've been to Berlin twice already, so I wanted to try something else. I've read some things about Hamburg and I got the impression that it is a rather cold (in an emotional sense) and empty city. Also it seems that is mainly a place for the retired rich. Can anybody refute this dull image of the city? WHY SHOULD I VISIT HAMBURG? Persuade me! What I like about Berlin is that is a very youthful and vibrant city, does Hamburg offer this youthful vibe too? Munich is an option too, but I doubt if I will make it in one day. Thanks in advance for your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 2 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 3 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 4 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 5 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 6 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 7 Piedmont as a destination
- 8 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 9 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 10 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 11 Need Information about French Alps
- 12 dinner jackets
- 13 France Itinerary Advice
- 14 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 15 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 16 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 17 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 18 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 19 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 20 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 21 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 22 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 23 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 24 2 weeks Europe trip
- 25 Krakow and Prague-one week