Next month I (19 years old) will be hitch-hiking from Utrecht (The Netherlands) to Germany but I'm not yet sure where to go. I've been to Berlin twice already, so I wanted to try something else. I've read some things about Hamburg and I got the impression that it is a rather cold (in an emotional sense) and empty city. Also it seems that is mainly a place for the retired rich. Can anybody refute this dull image of the city? WHY SHOULD I VISIT HAMBURG? Persuade me! What I like about Berlin is that is a very youthful and vibrant city, does Hamburg offer this youthful vibe too? Munich is an option too, but I doubt if I will make it in one day. Thanks in advance for your replies!
Hamburg, worth a visit?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Olive Oil
- 2 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 3 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 4 Montmartre or St.Denis
- 5 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 6 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 7 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 8 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 9 Fantastic 3Days adventure trip in Kenya for only Usd 280 (for the 3days)
- 10 From Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport to 8, Champs Elysees, Paris
- 11 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 12 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 13 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 14 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 15 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 16 France in December 2014
- 17 Europe Itinerary
- 18 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 19 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 20 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto
- 21 Hey Fodor's
- 22 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 23 We have no idea where to go!
- 24 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 25 Portugal 15 day Itinerary Help