Next month I (19 years old) will be hitch-hiking from Utrecht (The Netherlands) to Germany but I'm not yet sure where to go. I've been to Berlin twice already, so I wanted to try something else. I've read some things about Hamburg and I got the impression that it is a rather cold (in an emotional sense) and empty city. Also it seems that is mainly a place for the retired rich. Can anybody refute this dull image of the city? WHY SHOULD I VISIT HAMBURG? Persuade me! What I like about Berlin is that is a very youthful and vibrant city, does Hamburg offer this youthful vibe too? Munich is an option too, but I doubt if I will make it in one day. Thanks in advance for your replies!
Hamburg, worth a visit?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 2 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 3 Split to Venice. Help!
- 4 Switzerland - Trip for 8 days with 2 kids (5&3)
- 5 Dublin Hotel Choice
- 6 London & Cotswolds Hotels
- 7 Best way to get to Italy from Greece of vice versa
- 8 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 9 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 10 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 11 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 12 best way to get to Italy from Greece
- 13 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 14 Tasting Cellars in Beaune
- 15 SIM cards in Italy,Germany, Austria, & Czech Republic
- 16 Copies of passports & credit cars
- 17 Top 5 choices from London
- 18 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 19 Day on the Rhine
- 20 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 21 Train from Milano Malpensa DIRECTLY to Bologna Centrale?
- 22 Europcar (via Kemwel) - rent GPS at pickup?
- 23 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 24 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 25 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo