Next month I (19 years old) will be hitch-hiking from Utrecht (The Netherlands) to Germany but I'm not yet sure where to go. I've been to Berlin twice already, so I wanted to try something else. I've read some things about Hamburg and I got the impression that it is a rather cold (in an emotional sense) and empty city. Also it seems that is mainly a place for the retired rich. Can anybody refute this dull image of the city? WHY SHOULD I VISIT HAMBURG? Persuade me! What I like about Berlin is that is a very youthful and vibrant city, does Hamburg offer this youthful vibe too? Munich is an option too, but I doubt if I will make it in one day. Thanks in advance for your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to Spot an American in Europe
- 2 Rome, Florence, Venice
- 3 Airport shuttle from Airbnb locale
- 4 Paris Travel: You Tell Me
- 5 Rhein/Rheingau/Rheinhessen
- 6 Still another Normandy question
- 7 Advice on long week trip to Germany
- 8 sncf help
- 9 Copenhagen or Stockholm?
- 10 Christmas in Germany
- 11 Amalfi Coast in June
- 12 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 13 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 14 Dubrovnik's old pharmacy
- 15 Archetypical White Christmas
- 16 Caserta Palace and gardens renovations
- 17 Paris dining-with teens
- 18 Itinerary for 3 days in Italy and is Rome safe ???
- 19 Postcards from Retirement-The Scotland Edition
- 20 Best new years?
- 21 Ideas for last-minute 8N/8D couple's trip to Europe from London please
- 22 Bahn sales
- 23 Another Paris Trip Report
- 24 Weekend away from London
- 25 iPhone stolen in Paris