Next month I (19 years old) will be hitch-hiking from Utrecht (The Netherlands) to Germany but I'm not yet sure where to go. I've been to Berlin twice already, so I wanted to try something else. I've read some things about Hamburg and I got the impression that it is a rather cold (in an emotional sense) and empty city. Also it seems that is mainly a place for the retired rich. Can anybody refute this dull image of the city? WHY SHOULD I VISIT HAMBURG? Persuade me! What I like about Berlin is that is a very youthful and vibrant city, does Hamburg offer this youthful vibe too? Munich is an option too, but I doubt if I will make it in one day. Thanks in advance for your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Exchanging Dollars for Euros - Best before leaving or after arriving?
- 2 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 3 La Colombe d'Or in St. Paul de Vence
- 4 Recommendations for one last night in Barcelona
- 5 Sim card in Nice, France
- 6 5 Nights in the Midlands
- 7 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 8 Cell Phones in France
- 9 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 10 After Bordeaux - any suggestions?
- 11 Restaurant recommendations Athens
- 12 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 13 Help, traveling to Barcelona with Baby
- 14 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 15 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 16 Newbie - seeking any advice
- 17 London-Paris summer 2016
- 18 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 19 Renfe Schedule Release Policy?
- 20 Trip Report - Portugal February 2015
- 21 Bull fighting Bilbao Spain
- 22 Delta First Class seats- how far in advance should I book?
- 23 9 Days Family Trip to London-Paris- Switzerland
- 24 Need recommendations for car rental agencies in Crete and Naxos
- 25 Enticing Iceland - Our week-long trip around the south