Next month I (19 years old) will be hitch-hiking from Utrecht (The Netherlands) to Germany but I'm not yet sure where to go. I've been to Berlin twice already, so I wanted to try something else. I've read some things about Hamburg and I got the impression that it is a rather cold (in an emotional sense) and empty city. Also it seems that is mainly a place for the retired rich. Can anybody refute this dull image of the city? WHY SHOULD I VISIT HAMBURG? Persuade me! What I like about Berlin is that is a very youthful and vibrant city, does Hamburg offer this youthful vibe too? Munich is an option too, but I doubt if I will make it in one day. Thanks in advance for your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 2 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 3 Amsterdam Transit
- 4 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?
- 5 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?
- 6 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 7 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 8 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 9 Lake Maggiore
- 10 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 11 Help in determining 2 weeks in Florence, Rome, and TBD location(??)
- 12 UK train question
- 13 Power Pump XL Reviews - Free Trail Available
- 14 Day trip suggestion from London
- 15 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 16 Day Trip near Paris
- 17 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 18 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 19 Bootcut jeans
- 20 What is the best spot in Liechtenstein for VERY brief visit?
- 21 Car rental insurance woes
- 22 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 23 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 24 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 25 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND