Next month I (19 years old) will be hitch-hiking from Utrecht (The Netherlands) to Germany but I'm not yet sure where to go. I've been to Berlin twice already, so I wanted to try something else. I've read some things about Hamburg and I got the impression that it is a rather cold (in an emotional sense) and empty city. Also it seems that is mainly a place for the retired rich. Can anybody refute this dull image of the city? WHY SHOULD I VISIT HAMBURG? Persuade me! What I like about Berlin is that is a very youthful and vibrant city, does Hamburg offer this youthful vibe too? Munich is an option too, but I doubt if I will make it in one day. Thanks in advance for your replies!
Hamburg, worth a visit?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Naples, Italy
- 2 Travel sim with Free Incoming
- 3 Does this sound feasible?
- 4 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 5 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 6 Mama Mia Italy!
- 7 Interesting Article About Capitaine Train
- 8 Ireland driving vacation
- 9 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 10 Questions on Cork and Another Irish Town Suggestion!
- 11 Late night train from Prague
- 12 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 13 Bike touring in France
- 14 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 15 Theater in London
- 16 Is it okay to wear a US service hat?
- 17 Tour Group Operators
- 18 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 19 Islands in mid October
- 20 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 21 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 22 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 23 Trip to Venice and Athens, with a cruise through Croatia and Greece
- 24 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 25 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!