Next month I (19 years old) will be hitch-hiking from Utrecht (The Netherlands) to Germany but I'm not yet sure where to go. I've been to Berlin twice already, so I wanted to try something else. I've read some things about Hamburg and I got the impression that it is a rather cold (in an emotional sense) and empty city. Also it seems that is mainly a place for the retired rich. Can anybody refute this dull image of the city? WHY SHOULD I VISIT HAMBURG? Persuade me! What I like about Berlin is that is a very youthful and vibrant city, does Hamburg offer this youthful vibe too? Munich is an option too, but I doubt if I will make it in one day. Thanks in advance for your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France for Six Weeks
- 2 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 3 Where to stay in Barcelona during La Merce?
- 4 Croatia - advice on where to stay in Plitvice Lakes
- 5 Swallows and Amazons! (or a midweek break in the Lake District)
- 6 London-Paris solo trip
- 7 Day trip London to Belgium - Help!
- 8 Skopelos, Skiathos plus 1 Other?
- 9 My Worst Experience During My Holiday In Europe
- 10 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 11 To Hampton Court Palace
- 12 which basque wine TXAKOLINA wineries bodegas to visit from san sebastian?
- 13 Scottish Highlands For Two Days
- 14 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 15 Train or bus from Annecy to Cully Switzerland
- 16 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 17 3 days Venice to Paris
- 18 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 19 Lake Constance - Where to stay?
- 20 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 21 Dublin to Dingle?
- 22 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 23 Algarve from Faro Airport
- 24 How much money for 2 weeks in ITALY
- 25 Walking stylish sandals/flats