Next month I (19 years old) will be hitch-hiking from Utrecht (The Netherlands) to Germany but I'm not yet sure where to go. I've been to Berlin twice already, so I wanted to try something else. I've read some things about Hamburg and I got the impression that it is a rather cold (in an emotional sense) and empty city. Also it seems that is mainly a place for the retired rich. Can anybody refute this dull image of the city? WHY SHOULD I VISIT HAMBURG? Persuade me! What I like about Berlin is that is a very youthful and vibrant city, does Hamburg offer this youthful vibe too? Munich is an option too, but I doubt if I will make it in one day. Thanks in advance for your replies!
Hamburg, worth a visit?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 2 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 3 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 4 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 5 Budapest hop on hop off bus tour
- 6 Never To Return
- 7 Amalfi Coast in October
- 8 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 9 Italy Trenitalia Strike
- 10 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 11 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 12 eateries in Puglia
- 13 Rome to Amafi coast
- 14 How much luggage?????
- 15 Is WESTMINSTER & WEST END in London the best parts to stay?
- 16 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 17 Terrorism in Europe
- 18 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 19 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 20 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 21 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 22 Where to stay on Lake Como with Car
- 23 Hotel in Lake Garda or Desenzano del Gard
- 24 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 25 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago