Next month I (19 years old) will be hitch-hiking from Utrecht (The Netherlands) to Germany but I'm not yet sure where to go. I've been to Berlin twice already, so I wanted to try something else. I've read some things about Hamburg and I got the impression that it is a rather cold (in an emotional sense) and empty city. Also it seems that is mainly a place for the retired rich. Can anybody refute this dull image of the city? WHY SHOULD I VISIT HAMBURG? Persuade me! What I like about Berlin is that is a very youthful and vibrant city, does Hamburg offer this youthful vibe too? Munich is an option too, but I doubt if I will make it in one day. Thanks in advance for your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mennagio to Switzerland - 3 days....
- 2 26 days in Italy
- 3 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 4 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 5 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 6 Prague old town
- 7 Car rental between countries
- 8 Holland Itinerary
- 9 tablet
- 10 Train Ticket Help
- 11 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 12 Puglia Itinerary - too many choices
- 13 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 14 Whirlwind trip!
- 15 Barcelona completely overrated
- 16 recommended hospitals in Athens Greece
- 17 Need Help with Itinerary – First Time in Portugal (2 Weeks)
- 18 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 19 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 20 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 21 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 22 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 23 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 24 England and Wales by public transport
- 25 Rhine River Cruise