Next month I (19 years old) will be hitch-hiking from Utrecht (The Netherlands) to Germany but I'm not yet sure where to go. I've been to Berlin twice already, so I wanted to try something else. I've read some things about Hamburg and I got the impression that it is a rather cold (in an emotional sense) and empty city. Also it seems that is mainly a place for the retired rich. Can anybody refute this dull image of the city? WHY SHOULD I VISIT HAMBURG? Persuade me! What I like about Berlin is that is a very youthful and vibrant city, does Hamburg offer this youthful vibe too? Munich is an option too, but I doubt if I will make it in one day. Thanks in advance for your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 2 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 3 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 4 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 5 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 6 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 7 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 10 We're here!
- 11 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 12 10 days in Paris and......
- 13 Budapest & Prague
- 14 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 15 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 16 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 17 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 18 driving from ancona to rome
- 19 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 20 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 21 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 22 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 23 Car Hire in Croatia, any recommendations?
- 24 Itinerary Help - ?Prague, Austria, Italy
- 25 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?