Next month I (19 years old) will be hitch-hiking from Utrecht (The Netherlands) to Germany but I'm not yet sure where to go. I've been to Berlin twice already, so I wanted to try something else. I've read some things about Hamburg and I got the impression that it is a rather cold (in an emotional sense) and empty city. Also it seems that is mainly a place for the retired rich. Can anybody refute this dull image of the city? WHY SHOULD I VISIT HAMBURG? Persuade me! What I like about Berlin is that is a very youthful and vibrant city, does Hamburg offer this youthful vibe too? Munich is an option too, but I doubt if I will make it in one day. Thanks in advance for your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 2 Spain in November
- 3 How best to spend a day in Tallinn
- 4 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 5 France to stop making foie grois
- 6 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 7 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 8 Itinerary Help!
- 9 How big backpack do I need?
- 10 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 11 AVE train tickets questions.
- 12 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 13 Traveling with medication in bulk
- 14 Naples or Genoa
- 15 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 16 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 17 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 18 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 19 Prague on a budget...
- 20 December in Slovenia
- 21 Itinerary help please!
- 22 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 23 Norway road trip- September 2016- suggestions please
- 24 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 25 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?