Next month I (19 years old) will be hitch-hiking from Utrecht (The Netherlands) to Germany but I'm not yet sure where to go. I've been to Berlin twice already, so I wanted to try something else. I've read some things about Hamburg and I got the impression that it is a rather cold (in an emotional sense) and empty city. Also it seems that is mainly a place for the retired rich. Can anybody refute this dull image of the city? WHY SHOULD I VISIT HAMBURG? Persuade me! What I like about Berlin is that is a very youthful and vibrant city, does Hamburg offer this youthful vibe too? Munich is an option too, but I doubt if I will make it in one day. Thanks in advance for your replies!
Hamburg, worth a visit?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 2 Scotland November 2015
- 3 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 4 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 5 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 6 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 7 Southern Spain
- 8 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 9 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 10 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 11 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 12 1 week in the Cyclades
- 13 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 14 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 15 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 16 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 17 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 18 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 19 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 20 Schengen Visa Rules
- 21 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 22 Small Towns Spain(Catalonia,LaRioja,Navarra,Basque)w/ trip to Bordeaux
- 23 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 24 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 25 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe