Next month I (19 years old) will be hitch-hiking from Utrecht (The Netherlands) to Germany but I'm not yet sure where to go. I've been to Berlin twice already, so I wanted to try something else. I've read some things about Hamburg and I got the impression that it is a rather cold (in an emotional sense) and empty city. Also it seems that is mainly a place for the retired rich. Can anybody refute this dull image of the city? WHY SHOULD I VISIT HAMBURG? Persuade me! What I like about Berlin is that is a very youthful and vibrant city, does Hamburg offer this youthful vibe too? Munich is an option too, but I doubt if I will make it in one day. Thanks in advance for your replies!
Hamburg, worth a visit?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 2 Rail or Bus Travel in Italy
- 3 Trip to Pyrenees
- 4 Netherlands Delta Works
- 5 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 6 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 7 Help with somewhat messed up itinerary-Greece and Venice
- 8 Amsterdam: My list of things to do/see is ready - Pls help in daily planning
- 9 A full week in The Netherlands
- 10 Wine tour from Verona?
- 11 Crete Ancient sites
- 12 Successfully competed our Europe Trip 2013- PART TWO
- 13 Successfully competed our Europe Trip 2013- PART ONE
- 14 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 15 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 16 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 17 How long in Venice?
- 18 Calling home from abroad
- 19 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 20 Moving to Belfast
- 21 Basketball in London
- 22 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?
- 23 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 24 TGV Train Tickets/Passes
- 25 Last minute opportunity for a 5 week Europe trip: HELP PLS