Next month I (19 years old) will be hitch-hiking from Utrecht (The Netherlands) to Germany but I'm not yet sure where to go. I've been to Berlin twice already, so I wanted to try something else. I've read some things about Hamburg and I got the impression that it is a rather cold (in an emotional sense) and empty city. Also it seems that is mainly a place for the retired rich. Can anybody refute this dull image of the city? WHY SHOULD I VISIT HAMBURG? Persuade me! What I like about Berlin is that is a very youthful and vibrant city, does Hamburg offer this youthful vibe too? Munich is an option too, but I doubt if I will make it in one day. Thanks in advance for your replies!
Hamburg, worth a visit?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 2 Euro Quiz #44 - Museum Pourri
- 3 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 4 16 day Trip to Spain - Advise on Itinerary
- 5 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 6 Tell me about Manchester
- 7 London Pass
- 8 GPS with rental car in Europe
- 9 Germany for 3 weeks
- 10 How to see Yorkshire and Northern England in 3-4 nights without a car
- 11 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 12 Big and little towns of Europe
- 13 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 14 Amboise to Carcassonne, where to stop?
- 15 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 16 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 17 Recommendations for hotels in Helsinki
- 18 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 19 Car rental in Central/Eastern Europe
- 20 Getting to Dijon from Paris, quickly
- 21 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 22 Some very good restaurants in Portugal
- 23 Two Week Trip from Southern France to Northern Italy
- 24 Greece after the Vote
- 25 Apartment in Italy