Me & the fiance are trying to plan our Honeymoon. We would like to leave for the honeymoon on May 11th and spend around 7 nights on the trip (including travel). Our main concern is weather. We were in Italy (Venice-Florence-Rome-Sorrento) this last May and LOVED LOVED LOVED it, but the weather was a bit colder and rainier than we had planned, which makes me nervous about Greece in mid May.
We definitely want our honeymoon to be a little more relaxed than Italy, we did the 4 cities with excursions in 10 days. Such a whirlwind but SOO worth it.. We both want to relax on a beach, but not the type to just lay there all day. We love food, WINE, and experiencing the culture of new places, which is the main reason we are leery of all inclusive Caribbean resorts. Would you think mid May could be too cold to lay out by the pool/beach? I'm nervous that I WANT to go to Greece so bad I'm almost forcing it for our honeymoon, but we live in Texas and won't always have the excuse or opportunity to go. Any other suggestions on places to go that time of year?
If we choose Greece I'm thinking only 2 Islands given the amount of time. Suggestions on which ones based on information I've given?
I turned to this forum planning our Italy vacation and found it so helpful. It opens your mind to things you would never have thought of. I truly appreciate all responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 4 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 5 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 6 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 7 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 8 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 9 Trip to Rome
- 10 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 11 Greek Islands (small)
- 12 Spain in December
- 13 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 14 cheap food in london
- 15 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 16 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 17 Eating Indian In London
- 18 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 19 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 20 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 21 Sundays in Puglia
- 22 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 23 Itinerary help Portugal and Azores
- 24 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 25 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor