Me & the fiance are trying to plan our Honeymoon. We would like to leave for the honeymoon on May 11th and spend around 7 nights on the trip (including travel). Our main concern is weather. We were in Italy (Venice-Florence-Rome-Sorrento) this last May and LOVED LOVED LOVED it, but the weather was a bit colder and rainier than we had planned, which makes me nervous about Greece in mid May.
We definitely want our honeymoon to be a little more relaxed than Italy, we did the 4 cities with excursions in 10 days. Such a whirlwind but SOO worth it.. We both want to relax on a beach, but not the type to just lay there all day. We love food, WINE, and experiencing the culture of new places, which is the main reason we are leery of all inclusive Caribbean resorts. Would you think mid May could be too cold to lay out by the pool/beach? I'm nervous that I WANT to go to Greece so bad I'm almost forcing it for our honeymoon, but we live in Texas and won't always have the excuse or opportunity to go. Any other suggestions on places to go that time of year?
If we choose Greece I'm thinking only 2 Islands given the amount of time. Suggestions on which ones based on information I've given?
I turned to this forum planning our Italy vacation and found it so helpful. It opens your mind to things you would never have thought of. I truly appreciate all responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia or La Langhe
- 2 What to expect over Christmas
- 3 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 4 English Countryside
- 5 First time in France
- 6 Manchester Christmas Markets 2016
- 7 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 8 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 9 Are you looking Benefits Webdesign Hull?
- 10 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 11 Italy/Greece with kids
- 12 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 13 Rome
- 14 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 15 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 16 Prague hotels
- 17 Need help in travel planning
- 18 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 19 Munich
- 20 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 21 Northern lights in December
- 22 Booking hotels before trains
- 23 Flights from Croatia
- 24 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 25 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged