Me & the fiance are trying to plan our Honeymoon. We would like to leave for the honeymoon on May 11th and spend around 7 nights on the trip (including travel). Our main concern is weather. We were in Italy (Venice-Florence-Rome-Sorrento) this last May and LOVED LOVED LOVED it, but the weather was a bit colder and rainier than we had planned, which makes me nervous about Greece in mid May.
We definitely want our honeymoon to be a little more relaxed than Italy, we did the 4 cities with excursions in 10 days. Such a whirlwind but SOO worth it.. We both want to relax on a beach, but not the type to just lay there all day. We love food, WINE, and experiencing the culture of new places, which is the main reason we are leery of all inclusive Caribbean resorts. Would you think mid May could be too cold to lay out by the pool/beach? I'm nervous that I WANT to go to Greece so bad I'm almost forcing it for our honeymoon, but we live in Texas and won't always have the excuse or opportunity to go. Any other suggestions on places to go that time of year?
If we choose Greece I'm thinking only 2 Islands given the amount of time. Suggestions on which ones based on information I've given?
I turned to this forum planning our Italy vacation and found it so helpful. It opens your mind to things you would never have thought of. I truly appreciate all responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 2 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 3 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 4 8 Days in Spain
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 7 Paris to Italy
- 8 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 11 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 12 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 13 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 14 Amsterdam
- 15 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 16 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 17 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 18 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 19 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 20 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 21 Scenic cruise advice
- 22 Barcelona alternative
- 23 Italy Car Scam
- 24 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 25 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!