Our plan is to fly to Athens from Chicago on Wed 9/18/13 landing in Athens at 10:30Am Thu 9/19/13 and rent a car from Thu 9/19 to Thu 9/26/13 and then fly to an island on Thu 9/26 and fly back to Athens Sat 9/28 and then stay in Athens Sat 9/28 & Sun 9/29 and fly home on Monday at 8:15AM 9/30/13.
We were thinking of lying to Santorini for our island portion, but I can get a flight to Crete and a car for what a flight costs to and from Santorini from Athens. I know that Fodor forum contributors state that you need more time to see Crete, but I figure it might be warmer and we could just drive near a nice beach and swim and see a little of Crete near that area. This would be the beach part of our trip. What do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 get real and fake passport and visa
- 2 Early Flight Out of Stockholm on Disembarkation Day
- 3 France: Montpellier, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Loire, Paris
- 4 Paris New Years Eve and New Years Day
- 5 Edgard bus website English version?
- 6 Are you looking for most affordable tour packages?
- 7 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 8 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 9 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 10 Car rental/return near London
- 11 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 12 Europe Itinerary
- 13 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 14 Camino Redux
- 15 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 16 Rungis market Paris
- 17 Black Cab Tour in Belfast
- 18 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 19 Tipping in different situations in Spain
- 20 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 21 Lucerne Switzerland Meal Recommendations
- 22 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 23 MiFi in Italy
- 24 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 25 Long Layover at the Heathrow Airport London