Our plan is to fly to Athens from Chicago on Wed 9/18/13 landing in Athens at 10:30Am Thu 9/19/13 and rent a car from Thu 9/19 to Thu 9/26/13 and then fly to an island on Thu 9/26 and fly back to Athens Sat 9/28 and then stay in Athens Sat 9/28 & Sun 9/29 and fly home on Monday at 8:15AM 9/30/13.
We were thinking of lying to Santorini for our island portion, but I can get a flight to Crete and a car for what a flight costs to and from Santorini from Athens. I know that Fodor forum contributors state that you need more time to see Crete, but I figure it might be warmer and we could just drive near a nice beach and swim and see a little of Crete near that area. This would be the beach part of our trip. What do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 2 Christmas Market and Parking
- 3 Naxos hotels? has anyone stayed at Finikas?
- 4 Paris Under Seige...
- 5 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 6 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 7 Solvenia to Venice stops on the way
- 8 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 9 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 10 Advices about our itiniary
- 11 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 12 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 13 Lisbon Portugal to Madrid Spain in January
- 14 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 15 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 16 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 17 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 18 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 19 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 20 Stroller in Europe
- 21 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 22 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 23 Best company/Tour for one day Amalfi Coast from Rome
- 24 Car rental leaving Rome
- 25 NEED HELP PLANNING SPAIN ITINERARY