Our plan is to fly to Athens from Chicago on Wed 9/18/13 landing in Athens at 10:30Am Thu 9/19/13 and rent a car from Thu 9/19 to Thu 9/26/13 and then fly to an island on Thu 9/26 and fly back to Athens Sat 9/28 and then stay in Athens Sat 9/28 & Sun 9/29 and fly home on Monday at 8:15AM 9/30/13.
We were thinking of lying to Santorini for our island portion, but I can get a flight to Crete and a car for what a flight costs to and from Santorini from Athens. I know that Fodor forum contributors state that you need more time to see Crete, but I figure it might be warmer and we could just drive near a nice beach and swim and see a little of Crete near that area. This would be the beach part of our trip. What do you think?
- 1 East coast trains
- 2 Suggestions for France Italy
- 3 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 4 Foggia Day Trip
- 5 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 6 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 7 Barcelona - 7 Portes Restaurant
- 8 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 9 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 10 10 days in Poland 7/1-12/13
- 11 15 days in Central Europe
- 12 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 13 Car hire across borders
- 14 Bank of England Museum
- 15 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 16 France bed and breakfasts and restaurants in Provence, Vaison La Romaine, Uzès, Paris
- 17 Croatia Question: Korcula or Lastovo?
- 18 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 19 Provence & Cote d'Azur in late September...and the planning begins!
- 20 Safety on a Night Train from Amsterdam to Den Haag?
- 21 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 22 Which tour company would be best?
- 23 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 24 Berlin Excursion from our ship...
- 25 Musée Marmottan - anything there?