Our plan is to fly to Athens from Chicago on Wed 9/18/13 landing in Athens at 10:30Am Thu 9/19/13 and rent a car from Thu 9/19 to Thu 9/26/13 and then fly to an island on Thu 9/26 and fly back to Athens Sat 9/28 and then stay in Athens Sat 9/28 & Sun 9/29 and fly home on Monday at 8:15AM 9/30/13.
We were thinking of lying to Santorini for our island portion, but I can get a flight to Crete and a car for what a flight costs to and from Santorini from Athens. I know that Fodor forum contributors state that you need more time to see Crete, but I figure it might be warmer and we could just drive near a nice beach and swim and see a little of Crete near that area. This would be the beach part of our trip. What do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 2 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 3 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 4 Dinge B&B
- 5 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 6 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 7 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 8 Gluten Free in Italy
- 9 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 10 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 11 Plitvice, Rovinj and ?
- 12 Car rental in Paris
- 13 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 14 Canaries to Turkey in ten countries
- 15 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 16 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 17 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 18 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 19 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 20 Sentimental Journey
- 21 A few last minute questions
- 22 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 23 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 24 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 25 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.