Our plan is to fly to Athens from Chicago on Wed 9/18/13 landing in Athens at 10:30Am Thu 9/19/13 and rent a car from Thu 9/19 to Thu 9/26/13 and then fly to an island on Thu 9/26 and fly back to Athens Sat 9/28 and then stay in Athens Sat 9/28 & Sun 9/29 and fly home on Monday at 8:15AM 9/30/13.
We were thinking of lying to Santorini for our island portion, but I can get a flight to Crete and a car for what a flight costs to and from Santorini from Athens. I know that Fodor forum contributors state that you need more time to see Crete, but I figure it might be warmer and we could just drive near a nice beach and swim and see a little of Crete near that area. This would be the beach part of our trip. What do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help!! Need to pick up train tickets in France and credit card stolen
- 2 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 3 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 4 Trip to Italy
- 5 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 6 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 7 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 8 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 9 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 10 1st time in Spain w/ 3 Children 8years and under - Help with itinery please
- 11 Day trips in 3 countries bordering Germany
- 12 Automatic car rental in Italy: Dollar or Thrifty?
- 13 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 14 Granada, Spain hotel choice
- 15 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 16 Seven days in London, June, 2014
- 17 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 18 Scotland day tour
- 19 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?
- 20 New Discoveries at Ostia Antica.
- 21 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 22 England sites not to miss
- 23 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 24 What should we tip our tour guide?
- 25 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between