Our plan is to fly to Athens from Chicago on Wed 9/18/13 landing in Athens at 10:30Am Thu 9/19/13 and rent a car from Thu 9/19 to Thu 9/26/13 and then fly to an island on Thu 9/26 and fly back to Athens Sat 9/28 and then stay in Athens Sat 9/28 & Sun 9/29 and fly home on Monday at 8:15AM 9/30/13.
We were thinking of lying to Santorini for our island portion, but I can get a flight to Crete and a car for what a flight costs to and from Santorini from Athens. I know that Fodor forum contributors state that you need more time to see Crete, but I figure it might be warmer and we could just drive near a nice beach and swim and see a little of Crete near that area. This would be the beach part of our trip. What do you think?
- 1 DeGaulle Airport
- 2 14 days to travel Europe...topdeck vs busabout
- 3 Stonehenge: new visitor centre opens
- 4 Chambermaid tipping
- 5 Unknown regions in the Czech republic
- 6 Desperate! photo SD card says "not Formatted" is all lost!?
- 7 Europe Tour Companies May/June 2014 (24 yr old & Nana)
- 8 An American Solo in Paris - My itinerary (Help)
- 9 Chip & Pin Only
- 10 insider tours in berlin
- 11 London Airport Expansion Recommendations Offered:
- 12 Critique my winter trip to Greece
- 13 Two weeks or so in Belgium and Netherlands
- 14 Paris-Champagne-Strasbourg-Paris
- 15 2 week Europe trip - need help please
- 16 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 17 Trondheim, Norway: 3 days in January
- 18 which cities in umbria to visit
- 19 Need help with Itinerary for Spain & France March
- 20 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 21 Reggio Emilia for 1 week
- 22 Private Guide for Istanbul
- 23 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 24 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 25 Home from Rome - a trip report