Our plan is to fly to Athens from Chicago on Wed 9/18/13 landing in Athens at 10:30Am Thu 9/19/13 and rent a car from Thu 9/19 to Thu 9/26/13 and then fly to an island on Thu 9/26 and fly back to Athens Sat 9/28 and then stay in Athens Sat 9/28 & Sun 9/29 and fly home on Monday at 8:15AM 9/30/13.
We were thinking of lying to Santorini for our island portion, but I can get a flight to Crete and a car for what a flight costs to and from Santorini from Athens. I know that Fodor forum contributors state that you need more time to see Crete, but I figure it might be warmer and we could just drive near a nice beach and swim and see a little of Crete near that area. This would be the beach part of our trip. What do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 2 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 3 Cotswolds first time
- 4 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 5 Help! Need alternative to PORTOVENERE in late-September!
- 6 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 7 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 8 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 9 Paris in black and white
- 10 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 11 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 12 Day trips from Bologna
- 13 First Trip to Europe
- 14 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 15 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 16 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 17 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 18 Vicenza day trip - can we walk everywhere?
- 19 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 20 Various Cities to Travel in May 2015
- 21 Rose Petals and Reflections
- 22 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 23 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 24 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 25 Need help with itinerary