Our plan is to fly to Athens from Chicago on Wed 9/18/13 landing in Athens at 10:30Am Thu 9/19/13 and rent a car from Thu 9/19 to Thu 9/26/13 and then fly to an island on Thu 9/26 and fly back to Athens Sat 9/28 and then stay in Athens Sat 9/28 & Sun 9/29 and fly home on Monday at 8:15AM 9/30/13.
We were thinking of lying to Santorini for our island portion, but I can get a flight to Crete and a car for what a flight costs to and from Santorini from Athens. I know that Fodor forum contributors state that you need more time to see Crete, but I figure it might be warmer and we could just drive near a nice beach and swim and see a little of Crete near that area. This would be the beach part of our trip. What do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 2 A drive in Europe
- 3 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 4 Prague - Tram #22
- 5 nearby cities to london
- 6 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 7 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 8 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 9 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 10 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 11 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 12 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 13 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 14 Rafting with Extreme Waves!
- 15 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 16 Porto -City Break
- 17 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 18 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 19 7 days in Greece
- 20 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 21 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 22 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 23 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 24 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 25 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??