Our plan is to fly to Athens from Chicago on Wed 9/18/13 landing in Athens at 10:30Am Thu 9/19/13 and rent a car from Thu 9/19 to Thu 9/26/13 and then fly to an island on Thu 9/26 and fly back to Athens Sat 9/28 and then stay in Athens Sat 9/28 & Sun 9/29 and fly home on Monday at 8:15AM 9/30/13.
We were thinking of lying to Santorini for our island portion, but I can get a flight to Crete and a car for what a flight costs to and from Santorini from Athens. I know that Fodor forum contributors state that you need more time to see Crete, but I figure it might be warmer and we could just drive near a nice beach and swim and see a little of Crete near that area. This would be the beach part of our trip. What do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 2 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 3 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 4 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 5 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 6 Rome or Venice first
- 7 Loire or Provence in January?
- 8 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Day trip from London in December
- 11 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 12 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 13 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 14 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 15 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 16 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 17 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 18 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 19 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 20 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 21 Europe First Timers
- 22 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 23 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 24 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 25 Iceland photo tour- any tips?