Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anniversary in Greece - Santorini or Crete?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 12:35 AM
heather

Over the course of a week we plan to see and stay in both places, but I can't decide in which order to do the trip. Our anniversary falls right in the middle of our vacation. In your opinion, where is a better place to have a romantic day/evening - Santorini or Crete?

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 04:33 AM
topper

topping

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 09:34 AM
Sue

Both islands are lovely, but there are few places in the world that can match the stunningly beautiful view of the caldera at sunset on Santorini.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 10:02 AM
Tejal Wadwhani

Though both Crete and Santorini are absolutely beautiful, Santorini is by far one of the most romantic places.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 03:48 PM
Alexia

Heather,<BR>For true romance, nothing beats Santorini. Have been to both islands multiple times and there is something about the ambiance of Santorini that can't be beat.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 04:51 AM
rena

Santorini is the best destination in Greece if you are interested in something different. It is very romantic and perfect for couples in love. Suggestion: make a reservation in a hotel right on the caldera. I stayed in Studio Artemis. It was perfect!!!<BR>You can check it out at www.calderasight.gr<BR>