My husband and I are thinking of going to Sicily next year. We've been to the Amalfi coast of Italy several times and love it, but we wanted to do something different. I'm just interested in general impressions - is it easy to get around? Are the people nice, is it relatively clean, etc? We travel alot, but are older so we need to go places that are fairly easy to navigate. Curious about cities to visit other than Palermo and also suggestions on the best way to get there besides flying. I knowyou can take a boat, but I'm not keen on the idea of going to the docks of Naples. I'd be interested in hearing about experiences others have had there.
General questions about Sicily
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommend a tour company?
- 2 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 3 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 4 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 5 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 6 Skiing in Austria?
- 7 Arles as a base?
- 8 Rocamaxour
- 9 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 10 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 11 Spanish Music
- 12 Now for the Venice hotel
- 13 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 14 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 15 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 16 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 17 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 18 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 19 A Week in Spain
- 20 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 21 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 22 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 23 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 24 I Got Tear Gassed In Pristina
- 25 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome