My husband and I are thinking of going to Sicily next year. We've been to the Amalfi coast of Italy several times and love it, but we wanted to do something different. I'm just interested in general impressions - is it easy to get around? Are the people nice, is it relatively clean, etc? We travel alot, but are older so we need to go places that are fairly easy to navigate. Curious about cities to visit other than Palermo and also suggestions on the best way to get there besides flying. I knowyou can take a boat, but I'm not keen on the idea of going to the docks of Naples. I'd be interested in hearing about experiences others have had there.
General questions about Sicily
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 2 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 3 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 4 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 5 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 6 Italy and Croatia
- 7 Best beach town in Italy?
- 8 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 9 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 10 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 11 A Greek sojourn
- 12 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 13 Bollywood in Berlin -- with English subs
- 14 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 15 Rome Underground Sites to Visit - Any Suggestions?
- 16 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 17 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 18 Is Venice really dirty?
- 19 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 20 Weekend in Norfolk
- 21 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 22 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 23 Autumn in Paris
- 24 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 25 Burgundy in May