My husband and I are thinking of going to Sicily next year. We've been to the Amalfi coast of Italy several times and love it, but we wanted to do something different. I'm just interested in general impressions - is it easy to get around? Are the people nice, is it relatively clean, etc? We travel alot, but are older so we need to go places that are fairly easy to navigate. Curious about cities to visit other than Palermo and also suggestions on the best way to get there besides flying. I knowyou can take a boat, but I'm not keen on the idea of going to the docks of Naples. I'd be interested in hearing about experiences others have had there.
General questions about Sicily
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 2 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 3 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 4 What to wear
- 5 London neighborhood suggestions
- 6 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 7 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 8 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 9 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 10 Berlin flea markets during the week???
- 11 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 12 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 13 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 14 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 15 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 16 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 17 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 18 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 19 german rail ticket question
- 20 Tipping in Greece
- 21 Fashion for larger man?
- 22 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 23 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 24 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 25 Small group for Colosseum