My husband and I are thinking of going to Sicily next year. We've been to the Amalfi coast of Italy several times and love it, but we wanted to do something different. I'm just interested in general impressions - is it easy to get around? Are the people nice, is it relatively clean, etc? We travel alot, but are older so we need to go places that are fairly easy to navigate. Curious about cities to visit other than Palermo and also suggestions on the best way to get there besides flying. I knowyou can take a boat, but I'm not keen on the idea of going to the docks of Naples. I'd be interested in hearing about experiences others have had there.
General questions about Sicily
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid airport at night - how to pass the time
- 2 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 3 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 4 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 5 London neighborhood suggestions
- 6 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 7 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 8 Matisse at Tate
- 9 Best mobile operator/plan for Czech Republic + adjacent countries?
- 10 Paris 14th - Hotel Chaplain Rive Gauche, Hotel du Lion, Hotel Sophie Germain, Hotel le Nouvel Orleans
- 11 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 12 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 13 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 14 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 15 Ireland Southwest
- 16 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 17 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 18 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 19 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 20 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 21 Madrid and London
- 22 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 23 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 24 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 25 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?