My husband and I are thinking of going to Sicily next year. We've been to the Amalfi coast of Italy several times and love it, but we wanted to do something different. I'm just interested in general impressions - is it easy to get around? Are the people nice, is it relatively clean, etc? We travel alot, but are older so we need to go places that are fairly easy to navigate. Curious about cities to visit other than Palermo and also suggestions on the best way to get there besides flying. I knowyou can take a boat, but I'm not keen on the idea of going to the docks of Naples. I'd be interested in hearing about experiences others have had there.
General questions about Sicily
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 2 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 3 First Time to UK since 2001
- 4 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 5 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 6 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 7 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 8 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 9 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 10 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 11 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 12 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 13 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 14 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 15 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 16 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 17 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 18 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 19 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 20 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 21 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 22 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 23 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 24 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 25 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget