We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
French or Italian Riviera beach with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 2 One week in Venice - trips
- 3 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 4 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 5 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 6 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 7 Travel with Teens
- 8 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 9 Villa rental suggestions in Umbira or Positano please
- 10 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 11 UK for 12 days !
- 12 Italy
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 Estonia Amber
- 15 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 16 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 17 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 18 Personal recommendations where to stay for family of 5 in Sorrento
- 19 Reims for a day
- 20 Ireland: Adapter or converter?
- 21 ordering train tickets
- 22 I think this is a scam!
- 23 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 24 Sicily itinerary proposal
- 25 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas