We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
French or Italian Riviera beach with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 2 France,Spain,Italy
- 3 Schengen Visa Rules
- 4 Which european city?
- 5 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 6 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 7 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 8 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 9 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 10 All Set To Go!!
- 11 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 12 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 13 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 14 Scotland November 2015
- 15 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 16 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 17 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 18 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 19 Portugal Trip
- 20 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 21 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 22 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 23 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 24 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 25 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris