We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples or Genoa
- 2 France to stop making foie grois
- 3 Spain in November
- 4 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 5 5 nights in Andalusia
- 6 Road trip - Italian to French Riveria
- 7 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 8 Itinerary help please!
- 9 Greece Itinerary
- 10 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 11 Road trip Bergen to Trolltunga
- 12 From Riga airport to Riga downtown 222 mini-bus
- 13 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 14 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 15 From Genoa to Rome...
- 16 How big backpack do I need?
- 17 Holiday Itinerary
- 18 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 19 AVE train tickets questions.
- 20 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 21 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 22 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 23 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 24 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 25 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.