We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
French or Italian Riviera beach with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 2 Terrorism in Europe
- 3 Chasing the Tour de France 2014
- 4 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 5 Paris in black and white
- 6 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 7 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 8 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 9 Day trips from Bologna
- 10 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 11 Best time of day to get tickets to the Anne Frank Haus?
- 12 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 13 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 14 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 15 How did YOU get to Puglia?
- 16 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 17 Grad Schools in London?
- 18 Vicenza day trip - can we walk everywhere?
- 19 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 20 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 21 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 22 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 23 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 24 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 25 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?