We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 2 Jewelry in Bologna, Italy
- 3 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 4 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 5 One day in Paris!
- 6 A plethora of islands
- 7 Outer Hebrides and north
- 8 Naples?
- 9 Lake Garda itinerary
- 10 Female solo traveler going to Barcelona by myself for 6 weeks?
- 11 6 nights in Portugal? Suggestions?
- 12 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary
- 13 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 14 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 15 Getting from Venice airport to Venice train station:how long?
- 16 Rome Walking Guide
- 17 Amsterdam & Paris in peak season
- 18 Nice - nightlife / live music
- 19 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 20 Places to eat in Rome and Venice by train stations???
- 21 Interlaken, hotel and day hikes
- 22 Munich to Milan via train
- 23 Douro Valley: 9 Hours On The Train?
- 24 Looking for a good not-too-pricey restaurant in Copenhagen.
- 25 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler