We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
French or Italian Riviera beach with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Message for Ackislander
- 2 Should I book train tickets before I arrive in Switzerland ?
- 3 I booked "Paris in Winter"
- 4 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 5 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 6 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 7 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 8 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 9 TGV Train Tickets/Passes
- 10 How long in Venice?
- 11 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 12 atm cards in Spain
- 13 First Time Going to Europe
- 14 Traditional food in Athens
- 15 Would it be less expensive to buy a SIM card for Italy?
- 16 Cotswolds village base
- 17 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 18 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 19 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 20 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 21 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers
- 22 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 23 weather in Veneto area in September
- 24 Germany Visa for conference
- 25 Hotel in Rome?