We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
French or Italian Riviera beach with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in salzburg
- 2 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 3 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 4 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 5 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 6 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 7 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 8 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 9 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 10 Bad Experience with Argus Car Hire Insurance offered by them
- 11 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 12 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 13 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 14 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 15 Italy through locals eyes
- 16 Lagos or Portimao better base to stay
- 17 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 18 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 19 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 20 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 21 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 22 Apartment rental in Barcelona
- 23 Advice please...
- 24 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 25 Paris in black and white