We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Original/fake Passports , work permit,etc
- 2 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 3 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 4 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 5 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 6 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 7 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 8 seat reservations
- 9 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 10 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 11 Valencia Spain
- 12 Germany-Car or Train
- 13 Night Bus?
- 14 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 15 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 16 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 17 Andalucia Spain
- 18 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 19 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 20 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 21 Short time in Vienna
- 22 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 23 Jewish Vienna
- 24 My special places in Europe
- 25 Italy in a week