We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
French or Italian Riviera beach with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 italy
- 2 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 3 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 4 Side trip from Geneva
- 5 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 6 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 7 What to wear
- 8 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 9 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 10 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 11 7 Nights in Paris
- 12 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 13 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 14 21 Days in Central Europe
- 15 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 16 Travel & Landscape Photography from around the world
- 17 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 18 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 19 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 20 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 21 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 22 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 23 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 24 Nice hotel (preferably with views) in Etretat, France?
- 25 A one-week car trip to Slovenia-Croatia (Bosnia?)