We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 3 Ronda Wine/biking
- 4 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 5 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 6 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 7 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 8 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 9 Perugia
- 10 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 11 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 12 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 13 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 14 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 15 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 16 Praiano
- 17 St Denis Cathedral
- 18 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 19 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 20 Family vacation to europe
- 21 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 22 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 24 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 25 Favorite restaurants, Florence