We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help- Advice or experiences traveling with a handicapped person?
- 2 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 3 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 4 Distances in Paris
- 5 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 6 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in
- 7 My poppy arrived today!
- 8 DDay Tours - private or group?
- 9 Best Hotel in Tuscany?
- 10 Kathie & Cheryl plan our 2016 trip to Europe
- 11 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 12 Venice : Trying not to overplan
- 13 Hotel suggestions in Amsterdam
- 14 London, Berchtgaden and??
- 15 Best area of the Morvan?
- 16 Switzerland and Northern Italy, 3 weeks
- 17 Provence Restaurant Suggestions
- 18 Euro Quiz # 106 - Countries Loving McDonalds the Most!
- 19 Norway in Nutshell - weather
- 20 Family Itinerary April 2016
- 21 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 22 Russian Visa Question
- 23 Scottish Highlands For Two Days
- 24 Running of the Bulls 2016
- 25 Tips To Get Schengen Visa For Full 90 Days From Toronto For Indian Citizens