We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
French or Italian Riviera beach with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 2 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 3 St Germain
- 4 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 5 Cotswold Churches
- 6 Autumn in Paris
- 7 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 8 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 9 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 10 Norway 2014
- 11 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 12 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 13 I dream of Europe
- 14 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 15 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 16 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 17 Off-Beat Day Trip from London: Chatham, Isle of Sheppey, Rochester...
- 18 Is Venice really dirty?
- 19 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 20 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 21 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 22 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 23 Weekend in Norfolk
- 24 Best beach town in Italy?
- 25 Burgundy in May