We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fodor's Survey
- 2 Beaune looking for accommodation suggestions
- 3 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 4 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 5 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 6 European Cooking Secrets
- 7 Venice to Positano to Rome travel help
- 8 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 9 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 10 Barcelona question
- 11 Azores, Canary Islands, Mallorca, or Hawaii for August Honeymoon
- 12 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 13 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 14 My 60th birthday surprises
- 15 20 Days in Europe
- 16 4 days in switzerland
- 17 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 18 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 19 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 20 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 21 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 22 March in Amsterdam 1 week spring break
- 23 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 24 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 25 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!