We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
French or Italian Riviera beach with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bayeux tapestry
- 2 Camino No-No
- 3 Help! Overwhelmed by Italy Trip Planning
- 4 Anywhere to run in Granada?
- 5 Traveling with 6 in the Netherlands & Friesland - car or train?
- 6 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 7 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 8 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 9 Is Capri overrated?
- 10 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 11 Group Transportation in French Riviera
- 12 A week in Paris
- 13 London to Amsterdam via Overnight Ferry - A Weekend Adventure
- 14 Day trips from Budapest and Vienna
- 15 Train des Pignes
- 16 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 17 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 18 9 days in switzerland
- 19 Ideas on what to do for Granddaughter's 12th Birthday in London
- 20 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 21 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 22 Switzerland - Lucerne & 2 nights
- 23 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 24 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 25 Which base in the Cotswolds