We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 12 days europe
- 2 Italy and Spain 4 weeks - 1st attempt at an itinary
- 3 Beaches in Southern France
- 4 Amalfi coast
- 5 3 days to spend in europe
- 6 Paris to Ramstein
- 7 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 8 If you had four months...
- 9 3 days with a Swindon base
- 10 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 11 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 12 italy itinerary
- 13 Ravello to Paestum
- 14 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 15 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 16 Rail pass question
- 17 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 18 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 19 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 20 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 21 Spain Itinerary Help
- 22 Looking for Tour in Italy
- 23 Things I Learned in 3 Weeks in southern Ireland
- 24 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 25 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?