We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
French or Italian Riviera beach with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Short trip: Cartmel near South Lakes
- 2 EuropeanQuiz # 70 ( Friday)
- 3 euro quiz # 69 - All About Parks...
- 4 17 days in Scotland, Ireland and a bit overwhelmed
- 5 Border controls at Frankfurt for NZers
- 6 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 7 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 8 Afternoon Tea in London: Savoy vs. Ritz
- 9 Planning a trip to England and Paris at Christmas Break
- 10 Alhambra tickets for May?
- 11 Towns between Dingle and Doolin, Ireland or North of Galway
- 12 1 week in Ireland Starting in Dublin
- 13 help please: draft itinery trip to andalucia with DD(11&14) in april
- 14 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 15 Travelling to France
- 16 Where to stay in London
- 17 25 days in Europe
- 18 Copenhagen and Iceland
- 19 Iceland trip...need some feedback please!
- 20 Planning a Trip to Iceland
- 21 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 22 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?
- 23 Uk visa processing time
- 24 Heathrow-Bath bus tickets
- 25 NZ Passport validity