We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 More help with Ireland Itinerary
- 2 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 3 14-16 days - where to fly in/out?
- 4 What to Wear in Scotland
- 5 Can I buy "plus size" clothes in France?
- 6 British Airways hand luggage - how strict are they on measurements?
- 7 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli
- 8 transport changes in Prague
- 9 Dirndl Shop Locations
- 10 Experienced Paris-philes: what neighborhood do you prefer to stay in?
- 11 8 days in southern Italy - best way to visit Pompeii and Naples
- 12 Travel Time from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord Station?
- 13 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 14 what on earth have they done to the Search function??
- 15 Rental Car in Austria
- 16 LOOKING FOR A CHANGE,ANY IDEAS ?
- 17 Great Hotels in Prague and Vienna?
- 18 too many London hotels!
- 19 Rome - To Tour or Not to Tour
- 20 Please Help - Poland - Prague - Vienna
- 21 Tour guides for Pompeii and Herculaneum
- 22 Pretty small towns in Bavaria
- 23 Need good fondue in Lucerne
- 24 One way car drop fee
- 25 2 weeks in France next May