We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
French or Italian Riviera beach with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 do you love to change your nationality,or get jobs,ids email
- 2 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 3 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 4 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 5 I'm in a funk
- 6 Shuttle Bus in Madrid
- 7 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 8 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 9 Mama Mia Italy!
- 10 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 11 Vespa Tours in Rome
- 12 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 13 Bike touring in France
- 14 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 15 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 16 Germany Visa for conference
- 17 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 18 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 19 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 20 travel to western Europe from India
- 21 I went to Paris in June
- 22 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 23 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 24 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 25 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady