We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 2 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 3 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 4 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 5 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 6 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 7 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 8 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 9 Norway Itinerary
- 10 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 11 train or plane
- 12 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 13 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 14 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 15 Germany in December Trip Report
- 16 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 17 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 18 Driving from Alesund to Geiranger
- 19 Planning a European Trip
- 20 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 21 Italy for Christmas Week
- 22 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 25 Trip Report Crete May 2016