We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
French or Italian Riviera beach with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 2 Greece after the Vote
- 3 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 4 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 5 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 6 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 7 Train to Harry Potter Studio---Tips?
- 8 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 9 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 10 Satnav maps update
- 11 London Newport Court apartment rental advice
- 12 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 13 Recommendations for hotels in Helsinki
- 14 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 15 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 16 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 17 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 18 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 19 mallorca
- 20 April in Madrid
- 21 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 22 France to Italy advice needed please
- 23 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 24 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 25 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece