We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
French or Italian Riviera beach with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England and Scotland
- 2 Sending money from the UK to the US
- 3 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 4 Initial feedback on Spain itin, please
- 5 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 6 Gite and/or agritourism
- 7 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 8 Athens/Istanbul March
- 9 English ruined castles
- 10 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 11 Stay away Buchbinder car rental company
- 12 Switzerland
- 13 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 14 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 15 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 16 Hotel for last night in London--for family of 4
- 17 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 18 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 19 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 20 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 21 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 22 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 23 Dublin to Armagh?
- 24 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 25 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland