We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 2 Global Travel Warning...
- 3 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 4 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 5 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 6 Coach with driver rental, Puglia Italy
- 7 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 8 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France
- 9 WORLD'S TRUSTED NO. 1 SPELL CASTER+27791897218 PROFESSOR SIPHO
- 10 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 11 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 12 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 13 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 14 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 15 Paris Under Seige...
- 16 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 17 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 18 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 19 Liberty print dresses in London?
- 20 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 21 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 22 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 23 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 24 Private transportation
- 25 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome