We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 2 Late October Trip in France
- 3 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 4 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.
- 5 experiences in Paris and Amalfi Coast
- 6 Day Trip From London
- 7 Amsterdam and beyond
- 8 Renfe Schedule Release Policy?
- 9 Whici part of the Pyreness is the most scenic part to visit in January?
- 10 IDP for Scotland
- 11 Madrid Airport
- 12 My summer in Paris
- 13 9 Days Family Trip to London-Paris- Switzerland
- 14 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 15 Italy in November
- 16 Puglia and Matera
- 17 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 18 Art History lover - itinerary help
- 19 A nice, quiet and affordable place to stay?
- 20 Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau
- 21 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 22 6 nights in Dublin
- 23 la spezia vs. levanto
- 24 Scottish pounds - coins too?
- 25 Lufthansa's New Europe Fares