We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London: favorite recent exhibits?
- 2 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day
- 3 Help with itineray to Madrid-Seville-Granada
- 4 What am I doing wrong?
- 5 Pantelleria: Yes or no?
- 6 17 Days Honeymoon in Italy and France
- 7 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 8 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 9 Italy for New Year's
- 10 First Time in France--Paris and Burgundy
- 11 Germany at Christmas
- 12 where do you look when you're trying to book a villa last minute?
- 13 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 14 Any Glasgow Experts?
- 15 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 16 Southern Spain - itinerary suggestions?
- 17 British Airways, anyone?
- 18 Hotel Lorelei et Londres, Sorrento. Whatever happened to it?
- 19 Portugal Itinerary - any advice?
- 20 Mirrors?
- 21 Scotland to Northern Ireland and then back to Scotland. Tips?
- 22 SIM card in Dublin Airport
- 23 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 24 Questions about Flamenco in Madrid
- 25 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.