We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Worried my mother won't be able to fly!
- 2 Honoring my Father, Belgium, Amsterdam, London and TWO GTGs
- 3 Itinerary help
- 4 Scenic drive: Seville-Granada-Barcelona
- 5 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 6 Malaga Train Station Car Drop off
- 7 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 8 Ceramics
- 9 SatNav and GPS systems that show speed cameras are illegal
- 10 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 11 Italy Itinerary Feedback wanted!
- 12 Itinerary help for family with young kids
- 13 Puglia impressions, in brief
- 14 French Prem Train Fares
- 15 Cash-free Scandinavia?
- 16 Rome Private Tours
- 17 First Trip to Europe Itinerary
- 18 Three days in Athens
- 19 Andalucia - Food Vocabulary - suggestions, corrections?
- 20 10 days in Barcelona anything different we could do?
- 21 Passport
- 22 Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Venice, Rome too much for 15-20 days?
- 23 Driving the Pyrenees from Barcelona to San Sebastián . Need advice ....
- 24 Intercity Train
- 25 Is one day in Portofino enough?