We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
French or Italian Riviera beach with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 2 cheapest way to get from greece to turkey
- 3 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 4 Munich
- 5 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 6 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 7 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 8 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 9 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 10 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 11 Munich with a car?
- 12 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 13 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 14 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 15 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 16 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 17 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 18 Itinerary Help!
- 19 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 20 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 21 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 22 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 23 He said , she said
- 24 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 25 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy