We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 2 Unable to recollect things may be you are avid
- 3 Sim Card
- 4 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 5 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 6 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 7 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 8 Looking for advice on a Paris-based day trip to Reims
- 9 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 10 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 11 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 12 Traveling to Puglia in July
- 13 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 14 Puglia itinerary - need help!
- 15 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 16 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 17 Amalfi or Positano
- 18 Croatia travel ideas
- 19 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 20 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 21 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 22 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 23 Public Transport information App/Website
- 24 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 25 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!