We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
French or Italian Riviera beach with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 2 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 3 Trains in Europe
- 4 Scuol, Switzerland
- 5 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 6 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 7 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 8 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 9 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 10 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 11 Naxos in May
- 12 Scenic train rides from Milan to Lucerne
- 13 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 14 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 15 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 16 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 17 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 18 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 19 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 20 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 21 Paris and where else?
- 22 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 23 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 24 Eleanor's Pages
- 25 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015