We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 USA ☎ HP Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681 :7208 HP PRINTER 24*7
- 2 Which area to stay in London
- 3 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 4 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 5 Itinery help Crete
- 6 Naples + Walking Tour
- 7 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 8 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 9 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 10 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 11 Algarve - is it for me?
- 12 TIM in FCO - update
- 13 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 14 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 15 16 days in France and Italy
- 16 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 17 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 18 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 19 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 20 Madrid food advice needed
- 21 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 22 Iceland trip report!
- 23 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 24 Paris for children
- 25 Germany/Switzerland Help