We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
French or Italian Riviera beach with kids?
- 1 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 2 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 3 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 4 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 5 A full week in The Netherlands
- 6 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 7 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 8 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 9 To Paris and Provence in June
- 10 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 11 Apartments in Rome
- 12 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 13 Prague - must see
- 14 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 15 jewlery or no jewlery?
- 16 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 17 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 18 London for Christmas
- 19 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 20 7 days in Andalucia
- 21 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 22 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 23 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 24 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 25 rent car / Munich