We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
French or Italian Riviera beach with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days to Explore Europe
- 2 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 3 German Rail Twin Pass
- 4 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 5 How much luggage?????
- 6 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 7 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 8 Need advice please. First time visiting France next year
- 9 Help with France itinerary
- 10 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 11 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 12 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 13 ITALO trains need help
- 14 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 15 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 16 Cornwall or Paris?
- 17 plug adapters ITALY
- 18 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 19 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 20 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 21 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 22 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 23 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 24 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 25 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago