We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Finland around Christmas time?
- 2 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 3 monograms vacation tours
- 4 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 5 UK - Coronation Street Goes to 6 Days a Week...
- 6 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 7 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 8 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 9 Stu Tower
- 10 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 11 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 12 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 13 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 14 Crete Holiday
- 15 skopsko beer and shopsko salad. my week in macedonia
- 16 6 Days in Italy
- 17 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 18 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 19 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 20 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 21 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 22 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 23 Have Toddler, Will Travel
- 24 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 25 Amsterdam Mayor retires