We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 credit and debit cards
- 2 Transportation Question Italy
- 3 Help with basic itinerary
- 4 Short Trip to Paris
- 5 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 6 Greece and Italy Combo
- 7 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 8 Final Four
- 9 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 10 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 11 Where are the Mods?
- 12 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 13 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 14 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 15 Visit to Engand
- 16 Cinqueterre
- 17 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 18 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 19 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 20 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 21 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 22 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 23 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 24 Cornwall UK
- 25 Choose between Nazare, Portugal or Merida, Spain