We will be driving from Nice to Pisa and plan to stop and spend a night or two on the riviera. We have two kids (ages 6 & 8) and would like to spend a day at the beach. Can anyone comment on the beaches? I have read that the beaches on the Italian riviera are rocky/pebbly and am wondering if it is the same on the French side? Also, I understand that you have to rent loungers on the Italian side and it is quite pricey.
I am intrigued by perhaps stopping in Camogli or else Lerici (with possiblity of boat trip to the Cinque Terre). Or are we better off going to the beach on the Cote d'azur and driving straight through to Italy?
We will also be in Tuscay for a week so have the possibility of going to the coast (Viareggio) so not sure if we should save our beach time for then.
French or Italian Riviera beach with kids?
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 Advises for trip to Russia
- 3 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 4 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 5 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 6 Which travel plan?
- 7 Vespa Tours of Tuscany
- 8 first european holiday itinery
- 9 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 10 Car in Prague
- 11 Family European winter holiday
- 12 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 13 Planning a holiday
- 14 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 15 Euro Train
- 16 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 17 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 18 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 21 Traveling within Italy
- 22 London for Christmas
- 23 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 24 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 25 Travel by train or bus