Reload this Page >

Italian or French Riviera?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 12:01 PM
Marcia

Hi, I am planning a trip with 3 other couples and 6 kids ranging from 1-year old to 14-year old. We are looking for a kid-friendly place, not stuffy, with good food, nice pool and beach access. Any tips?

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 07:06 PM
travel nut

Surely you jest. That would be a nightmare. I suggest Panama Beach FL.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 08:18 PM
Wondering

Why do people want to travel in packs? It seems to me that the more people that you know in the group, the more distractions there are. And with all those kids...Leave the young ones at home;they'll be happier with a good sitter.

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 02:08 AM
xxx

My question to Marcia is - is the beach segment part of a larger trip where you will be visiting relatives somewhere in that vicinity? If so, I can understand why you will want to take a beach break with the kids. If not, I have to agree that the Italian or French Riviera is not a place to bring a bunch of kids on vacation.

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 03:08 AM
mjs

Hawaii

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 04:20 AM
Laurie

Any Club Med

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 04:52 AM
Sue

Hi Marcia.<BR><BR>You might want to try a search on Nice (just type that word into the text search box that you'll find at the top of the page, and choose 'France' from the subject search box. You will find many previous posts on the French Riviera region that may answer this question, as it seems other parents have also wished to have their kids take a beach break on the French Riviera. Most posts pertaining to the Italian Riviera have to do with the Cinque Terre region which is a great hiking area but not provided with the services for which you seek.<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Marcia

In response to your questions, we are wine lovers and will go wine tasting first in the Piemonte region...we all lived in Europe for 5 years at least before and traveled everywhere with these kids! Actually they are a pleasure to be with and we would never leave them at home. We will have a babysitter with us. Maybe Provence would be a better choice?

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 03:22 PM
xxx

Marcia, take your children with you whenever and wherever you want to. You will never regret it and they will learn much from the experience. <BR><BR>We visited both the Italian and French Riviera this past summer and saw many families with children, especially in Menton. Do a little research and come back with a few questions about specific places and I'm sure you will get some excellent advice from people on this board.<BR><BR>Good luck and have a wonderful family vacation!