As part of a France trip, my husband and I will be visiting Annecy / Chamounix for three days / two nights. We plan on spending a day each in Annecy and Chamounix. Is it better to stay both nights in the same hotel and go to Chamounix on the day the weather is best? Or is it better to save time and stay one night in each place. In reading about the area, we have realized that good weather is very important for Chamounix so we are thinking about staying in Annecy and going to Chamounix on the day the weather is best. Just worried if the travel time will be too much hassle.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommend a tour company?
- 2 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 3 Itinerary help
- 4 England in 7 days
- 5 Berlin to Prague via Dresden
- 6 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 7 Germany -Preliminary Planning 2 weeks in Sept/15
- 8 Day Trips from Paris
- 9 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 10 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 11 Spanish Music
- 12 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 13 first trip to Spain - questions and itinerary review
- 14 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 15 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 16 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 17 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 18 Arles as a base?
- 19 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 20 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 21 Travel from Budapest to Rovinj, Croatia
- 22 Ireland's west coast
- 23 Turn Back or Forge Ahead?
- 24 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 25 2 different itineraries