We are going to France in a little more than a month. I'm map shopping and have a small dilemma.
We train straight from CDG to Reims, but after a day we will get a car then drive to Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau. From there we leave the car at Orly and fly to Nice.
In Nice we have a car for five days and nights before flying back to Paris.
I could get the Champagne-Ardennes Michelin map but it wouldn't cover our drive toward the chateaux and Orly.
I could get the France Nord map and the Cote d'Azur map.
Or I could get the spiral bound Michelin map for all of France. That would be the best buy and we do use our spiral bound Italy Michelin map all the time.
It is doubtful that we will rent or buy a sat nav device. I much prefer paper maps for getting the lay of the land.
So any advice on which maps to buy would be helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 alcazar question and seville advice
- 2 Couscous
- 3 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 4 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 5 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 6 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 7 Tuscany Itinerary
- 8 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 9 Places to stop/stay?
- 10 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 11 Visit to Sardinia
- 12 driving from London to Lourdes
- 13 ATM
- 14 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london
- 15 TIM in FCO - update
- 16 Visa Query
- 17 London in Winter Report
- 18 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 19 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 20 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 21 ATM help
- 22 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 23 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 24 London is it worth it?
- 25 Montserrat Express