We are going to France in a little more than a month. I'm map shopping and have a small dilemma.
We train straight from CDG to Reims, but after a day we will get a car then drive to Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau. From there we leave the car at Orly and fly to Nice.
In Nice we have a car for five days and nights before flying back to Paris.
I could get the Champagne-Ardennes Michelin map but it wouldn't cover our drive toward the chateaux and Orly.
I could get the France Nord map and the Cote d'Azur map.
Or I could get the spiral bound Michelin map for all of France. That would be the best buy and we do use our spiral bound Italy Michelin map all the time.
It is doubtful that we will rent or buy a sat nav device. I much prefer paper maps for getting the lay of the land.
So any advice on which maps to buy would be helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 2 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 3 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 4 Berlin, Nice and London
- 5 charming cities in Spain
- 6 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 7 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 8 Day in Madrid
- 9 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 10 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 11 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 12 Venice
- 13 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 14 Family vacation to europe
- 15 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 18 16 Day Europe Itenerary
- 19 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 20 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 21 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 22 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 23 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 24 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 25 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas