My fiancé and I (young 50's) will be honeymooning in France in early May, 2015. We've already booked our apartment in Paris for 7 days and we also want to spend 5 days in wine country - preferably Burgundy or Rhone. We plan to rent a car, so are not obliged to stay in a city center - in fact, off the beaten path would be fine by us. We would like to stay somewhere where we could visit wineries, see some of the countryside (maybe even take a day hike or two) and perhaps make a day trip to the Alps.
After finally securing an apartment in Paris - from the thousands that are available - I am brain dead. Any suggestions as to where to stay and some wineries to visit for the remaining 5 days of our trip?
Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 4 Planning A trip
- 5 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 6 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 7 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 8 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 9 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 10 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 11 Castle Stays in Wales
- 12 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 15 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 16 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 17 Can parking
- 18 italy Cinque Terre
- 19 San Sebastián
- 20 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 21 Zurich to Milan trip
- 22 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 23 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 24 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 25 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
France: 7 days in Paris and 5 days.... in wine country somewhere?