My fiancé and I (young 50's) will be honeymooning in France in early May, 2015. We've already booked our apartment in Paris for 7 days and we also want to spend 5 days in wine country - preferably Burgundy or Rhone. We plan to rent a car, so are not obliged to stay in a city center - in fact, off the beaten path would be fine by us. We would like to stay somewhere where we could visit wineries, see some of the countryside (maybe even take a day hike or two) and perhaps make a day trip to the Alps.
After finally securing an apartment in Paris - from the thousands that are available - I am brain dead. Any suggestions as to where to stay and some wineries to visit for the remaining 5 days of our trip?
Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 2 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 3 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 4 Budapest in December 2017
- 5 Another tipping question: concierges
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 8 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 11 Korean Messages
- 12 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 13 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 14 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 15 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 16 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 17 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 18 Acropolis Athens
- 19 5 Days in Switzerland
- 20 6-7 Days in France
- 21 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 22 We're here!
- 23 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 24 Getting to Bolivia
- 25 Dresden: How Many Nights?
France: 7 days in Paris and 5 days.... in wine country somewhere?