My fiancé and I (young 50's) will be honeymooning in France in early May, 2015. We've already booked our apartment in Paris for 7 days and we also want to spend 5 days in wine country - preferably Burgundy or Rhone. We plan to rent a car, so are not obliged to stay in a city center - in fact, off the beaten path would be fine by us. We would like to stay somewhere where we could visit wineries, see some of the countryside (maybe even take a day hike or two) and perhaps make a day trip to the Alps.
After finally securing an apartment in Paris - from the thousands that are available - I am brain dead. Any suggestions as to where to stay and some wineries to visit for the remaining 5 days of our trip?
Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 2 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 3 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 4 Norwegian Air?
- 5 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 6 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 7 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 8 Highclare Castle
- 9 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 10 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 11 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 12 Salzburg itinerary review
- 13 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 14 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 15 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 16 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 17 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 18 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 19 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 20 Spain: train/rental car help
- 21 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 22 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 23 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 24 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 25 Loire Valley best place to linger
France: 7 days in Paris and 5 days.... in wine country somewhere?