My fiancé and I (young 50's) will be honeymooning in France in early May, 2015. We've already booked our apartment in Paris for 7 days and we also want to spend 5 days in wine country - preferably Burgundy or Rhone. We plan to rent a car, so are not obliged to stay in a city center - in fact, off the beaten path would be fine by us. We would like to stay somewhere where we could visit wineries, see some of the countryside (maybe even take a day hike or two) and perhaps make a day trip to the Alps.
After finally securing an apartment in Paris - from the thousands that are available - I am brain dead. Any suggestions as to where to stay and some wineries to visit for the remaining 5 days of our trip?
Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 2 What tips can you give about packing?
- 3 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 4 Ludwig Castles
- 5 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 6 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 7 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 8 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 9 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 10 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 11 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 12 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 13 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 14 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 15 Short Trip in July
- 16 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 17 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 18 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 19 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
- 20 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 21 Cell Phone Question
- 22 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 23 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 24 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 25 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
France: 7 days in Paris and 5 days.... in wine country somewhere?