My husband and I will be spending 4 days in Florence this September and plan on taking the train to Rome. We were thinking of taking a day trip to Lucca or Siena while we are in Florence.
Will it be better to spend the night there on the way to Rome?
Alternately, what are some Tuscan towns that are easily accessible by train that we can spend 1-2 nights in before we head to Rome?
Any tips will be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arriving in Budapest 9/11!
- 2 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 3 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 4 20 free days of Europe
- 5 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 6 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 7 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 8 5 Day itinerary
- 9 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 10 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 11 Our European adventures
- 12 Eurotrip - Athens to Santorini
- 13 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 14 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 15 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 16 Spain Trip Report
- 17 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 18 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 19 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 20 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 21 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 22 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 23 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 24 CDG international flight
- 25 12 days europe