My husband and I will be spending 4 days in Florence this September and plan on taking the train to Rome. We were thinking of taking a day trip to Lucca or Siena while we are in Florence.
Will it be better to spend the night there on the way to Rome?
Alternately, what are some Tuscan towns that are easily accessible by train that we can spend 1-2 nights in before we head to Rome?
Any tips will be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 2 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 3 Amafi to Naples - private driver? Other options?
- 4 England--Cambridge on a Sunday (SIM card? Restaurants)
- 5 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 6 Netflix and Hulu
- 7 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 8 Lisbon and Spain-"must see" advance tix?
- 9 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 10 Amalfi October 16-25
- 11 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 12 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 13 11 Days - Ljubljana, Croatia, Sarajevo
- 14 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 15 Germany in 7 days
- 16 Paris hotels
- 17 Portugal itinerary without a car - suggestions appreciated!
- 18 Norway and Copenhagen - 13 days
- 19 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 20 Aldeburgh to London-where to drop off rental car and pick up train?
- 21 Florence with 11 & 13 year old
- 22 Naples
- 23 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 24 Restaurant Recommendations in Rome
- 25 Como or Bellagio