My husband and I will be spending 4 days in Florence this September and plan on taking the train to Rome. We were thinking of taking a day trip to Lucca or Siena while we are in Florence.
Will it be better to spend the night there on the way to Rome?
Alternately, what are some Tuscan towns that are easily accessible by train that we can spend 1-2 nights in before we head to Rome?
Any tips will be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with hotel choice in BRUGES please!!
- 2 Itinerary Help For Switzerland And Lakes Region Of Italy
- 3 Planning Europe itinerary
- 4 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 5 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 6 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 7 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 8 Europe Trip 22 year olds
- 9 3 days in Amsterdam, arriving on King's Day - Need advice
- 10 London Pass or No?
- 11 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 12 5 days in France or Italian Rivera
- 13 2 Days in Bologna
- 14 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 15 Paris hotel and neighborhood help
- 16 Early planning for Scotland. Itinerary thoughts?
- 17 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 18 Warsaw Hotel Questions
- 19 Munich, Germany
- 20 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 21 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 22 Help with Duoro Valley
- 23 York - Time for tea!
- 24 First Zermatt Ski Trip
- 25 Flying with Air France and Alitalia