My husband and I will be spending 4 days in Florence this September and plan on taking the train to Rome. We were thinking of taking a day trip to Lucca or Siena while we are in Florence.
Will it be better to spend the night there on the way to Rome?
Alternately, what are some Tuscan towns that are easily accessible by train that we can spend 1-2 nights in before we head to Rome?
Any tips will be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How prepared where you for the trip to Iceland?
- 2 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 3 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 4 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 5 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 6 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 7 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 8 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 9 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 10 A week in Croatia with kids
- 11 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 Summer School in France
- 14 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 15 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 16 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 17 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 18 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 19 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 20 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 21 Cutback on Spain trip
- 22 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 23 where to stay in London?
- 24 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 25 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece