My husband and I will be spending 4 days in Florence this September and plan on taking the train to Rome. We were thinking of taking a day trip to Lucca or Siena while we are in Florence.
Will it be better to spend the night there on the way to Rome?
Alternately, what are some Tuscan towns that are easily accessible by train that we can spend 1-2 nights in before we head to Rome?
Any tips will be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 2 Where should I go with my family?
- 3 First Solo Adventure
- 4 First Solo Adventure
- 5 Alitala
- 6 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 7 PARIS
- 8 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 9 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 10 Crete Holiday
- 11 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 12 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 13 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 14 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 15 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 16 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 19 Trains in Italy
- 20 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 21 Tour or self drive Douro?
- 22 Which Hotel in Rome
- 23 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 24 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland