My husband and I will be spending 4 days in Florence this September and plan on taking the train to Rome. We were thinking of taking a day trip to Lucca or Siena while we are in Florence.
Will it be better to spend the night there on the way to Rome?
Alternately, what are some Tuscan towns that are easily accessible by train that we can spend 1-2 nights in before we head to Rome?
Any tips will be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 2 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 3 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 4 The DCC scam is spreading
- 5 Places to visit from Zurich
- 6 casusyazılım
- 7 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 8 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 9 Shall I buy the travel plug in advance
- 10 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 11 Mallorca for 9 nights-best home base?
- 12 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 13 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 14 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 15 Porto in January
- 16 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 17 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 18 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 19 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 20 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 21 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 22 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 23 Hotel Booking Discount!
- 24 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 25 Amsterdam Train Help Please!