My husband and I will be spending 4 days in Florence this September and plan on taking the train to Rome. We were thinking of taking a day trip to Lucca or Siena while we are in Florence.
Will it be better to spend the night there on the way to Rome?
Alternately, what are some Tuscan towns that are easily accessible by train that we can spend 1-2 nights in before we head to Rome?
Any tips will be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 2 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 3 4 days and 3 nights in Austria excluding Vienna
- 4 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 5 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 6 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 7 16 days in France and Italy
- 8 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 9 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London (revised)
- 10 Cotswolds for day by Train
- 11 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 12 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 13 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 14 Which area to stay in London
- 15 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 16 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 17 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 18 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 19 Itinery help Crete
- 20 Scotland - We're Here!
- 21 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 22 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 23 TIM in FCO - update
- 24 Train / Calabria
- 25 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland