My husband and I are going to spain for the first time leaving the states jan 1, arriving in madrid at 9:30 Am jan 2 and we fly home from barcelona Jan 9. So far thats the extent of our plans… We have both traveled in Europe before but neither to Spain. I know most people are very adamant about not doing too much on a trip but we are movers and it being winter time we want to get the highlights of Spain (as much as we can) with the crowds being somewhat thinned out. We aren't huge museum people so i'm a little lost with Madrid (basically what are the must sees). I would LOVE to go to the Alhambra but I am trying to figure out logistically how I can make it make sense. We love to eat, drink, and learn about the culture of a new place we have never been before. The museums and full tours are not our speed as much. We are upper 20's and fortunately budget isn't too much of a concern. Welcoming any and all itinerary suggestions and must sees!
thanks in advance! xo
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains in Italy
- 2 Croatia short sail trip
- 3 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 4 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 5 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 6 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 7 First Solo Adventure
- 8 Alitala
- 9 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 10 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 11 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 12 Dublin Luggage storage
- 13 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 14 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 15 Low Cost Holidays Package
- 16 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 17 Which Hotel in Rome
- 18 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 19 First Solo Adventure
- 20 Are you interested in visiting Iceland or you already have?
- 21 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 22 Georgia in 4 days
- 23 Where should I go with my family?
- 24 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 25 PARIS