My husband and I are going to spain for the first time leaving the states jan 1, arriving in madrid at 9:30 Am jan 2 and we fly home from barcelona Jan 9. So far thats the extent of our plans… We have both traveled in Europe before but neither to Spain. I know most people are very adamant about not doing too much on a trip but we are movers and it being winter time we want to get the highlights of Spain (as much as we can) with the crowds being somewhat thinned out. We aren't huge museum people so i'm a little lost with Madrid (basically what are the must sees). I would LOVE to go to the Alhambra but I am trying to figure out logistically how I can make it make sense. We love to eat, drink, and learn about the culture of a new place we have never been before. The museums and full tours are not our speed as much. We are upper 20's and fortunately budget isn't too much of a concern. Welcoming any and all itinerary suggestions and must sees!
thanks in advance! xo
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Threat Level in UK
- 2 Graz in January
- 3 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 4 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 5 TIM in FCO - update
- 6 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 7 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 8 Malaga Spain
- 9 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 10 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 11 London Hotel - Different Request
- 12 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 13 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 14 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 15 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 16 Cartagena Spain
- 17 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 18 Ibiiza Spain
- 19 Iceland trip report!
- 20 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 21 Seville to Cordoba
- 22 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 23 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 24 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 25 3 nights in Madrid