My husband and I are going to spain for the first time leaving the states jan 1, arriving in madrid at 9:30 Am jan 2 and we fly home from barcelona Jan 9. So far thats the extent of our plans… We have both traveled in Europe before but neither to Spain. I know most people are very adamant about not doing too much on a trip but we are movers and it being winter time we want to get the highlights of Spain (as much as we can) with the crowds being somewhat thinned out. We aren't huge museum people so i'm a little lost with Madrid (basically what are the must sees). I would LOVE to go to the Alhambra but I am trying to figure out logistically how I can make it make sense. We love to eat, drink, and learn about the culture of a new place we have never been before. The museums and full tours are not our speed as much. We are upper 20's and fortunately budget isn't too much of a concern. Welcoming any and all itinerary suggestions and must sees!
thanks in advance! xo
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 2 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 3 Switzerland
- 4 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 5 Questions about Polish sights
- 6 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 9 If you had to choose one......
- 10 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 11 Ireland travel passport question
- 12 Italy
- 13 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 14 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 15 Revised itinerary for italy
- 16 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 17 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 18 Biarritz family holiday
- 19 Lisbon hotel
- 20 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 23 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 24 4 Days in Tuscany
- 25 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days