My husband and I are going to spain for the first time leaving the states jan 1, arriving in madrid at 9:30 Am jan 2 and we fly home from barcelona Jan 9. So far thats the extent of our plans… We have both traveled in Europe before but neither to Spain. I know most people are very adamant about not doing too much on a trip but we are movers and it being winter time we want to get the highlights of Spain (as much as we can) with the crowds being somewhat thinned out. We aren't huge museum people so i'm a little lost with Madrid (basically what are the must sees). I would LOVE to go to the Alhambra but I am trying to figure out logistically how I can make it make sense. We love to eat, drink, and learn about the culture of a new place we have never been before. The museums and full tours are not our speed as much. We are upper 20's and fortunately budget isn't too much of a concern. Welcoming any and all itinerary suggestions and must sees!
thanks in advance! xo
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in Bulgaria
- 2 Paris in September
- 3 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 4 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 5 Day trips from Florence
- 6 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 7 St Denis Cathedral
- 8 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 9 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 10 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 11 May get together in Paris
- 12 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 13 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 14 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 15 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 18 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 19 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 20 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 23 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 24 Self drive tour companies
- 25 Rouen Tour Companies