This is my first trip to Italy. Italy has always been my biggest dream destination. So, after waiting many years, my fiancé & I are getting married & he's taking me to Italy. We originally thought we would do a tour but quickly vetoed that plan. You see, this is our HONEYMOON!! I don't want to be stuck in a tour bus on my honeymoon. So, after looking on here & buying travel guides I think I can do this by myself. I am looking for advice from seasoned travelers preferably of where to stay on our honeymoon. I was going to stay 6nts in Rome & then take the train to Southern Italy & spend 5 nights somewhere like Positano. We want romantic rooms, would prefer apartments. Love terraces & balconies to enjoy the street noises & sites, There's just so much out there & not knowing the areas, I'm a bit overwhelmed. Can anyone help me plan the most wonderful romantic Italian honeymoon?
First time to Italy-Honeymoon in Rome, Florence, & Southern Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 2 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 3 A Sardinia trip report
- 4 22 year olds in Europe
- 5 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 6 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 7 Granada
- 8 Azores
- 9 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 10 All Set To Go!!
- 11 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 12 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 13 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 14 4 weeks in the UK
- 15 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 16 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 17 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 18 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 19 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 20 First time to Switzerland
- 21 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 22 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 23 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 24 Eastern Europe
- 25 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic