This is my first trip to Italy. Italy has always been my biggest dream destination. So, after waiting many years, my fiancé & I are getting married & he's taking me to Italy. We originally thought we would do a tour but quickly vetoed that plan. You see, this is our HONEYMOON!! I don't want to be stuck in a tour bus on my honeymoon. So, after looking on here & buying travel guides I think I can do this by myself. I am looking for advice from seasoned travelers preferably of where to stay on our honeymoon. I was going to stay 6nts in Rome & then take the train to Southern Italy & spend 5 nights somewhere like Positano. We want romantic rooms, would prefer apartments. Love terraces & balconies to enjoy the street noises & sites, There's just so much out there & not knowing the areas, I'm a bit overwhelmed. Can anyone help me plan the most wonderful romantic Italian honeymoon?
First time to Italy-Honeymoon in Rome, Florence, & Southern Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 2 Sicily Suggetions
- 3 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 4 car rental companies Italy
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 7 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 8 hotels in Seville
- 9 Nice hotel in Garmisch, Fussen or Mittenwald
- 10 Mykonos - Ornos beach question
- 11 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 12 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 13 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 14 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 15 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 16 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 17 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 18 Mykonos Grand, Cavo Tagoo, Saint Johns, Belvedere or Grace?
- 19 Paris in April?
- 20 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 21 Three days in Spain
- 22 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 23 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 24 7 days in Greece
- 25 Estonia Amber