This is my first trip to Italy. Italy has always been my biggest dream destination. So, after waiting many years, my fiancé & I are getting married & he's taking me to Italy. We originally thought we would do a tour but quickly vetoed that plan. You see, this is our HONEYMOON!! I don't want to be stuck in a tour bus on my honeymoon. So, after looking on here & buying travel guides I think I can do this by myself. I am looking for advice from seasoned travelers preferably of where to stay on our honeymoon. I was going to stay 6nts in Rome & then take the train to Southern Italy & spend 5 nights somewhere like Positano. We want romantic rooms, would prefer apartments. Love terraces & balconies to enjoy the street noises & sites, There's just so much out there & not knowing the areas, I'm a bit overwhelmed. Can anyone help me plan the most wonderful romantic Italian honeymoon?
First time to Italy-Honeymoon in Rome, Florence, & Southern Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 21 Days in Central Europe
- 2 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 3 No points in Paris .....
- 4 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 5 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 6 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 7 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 8 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 9 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 10 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 11 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 12 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 13 Pronunciation
- 14 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 15 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 16 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 17 Crete/Santorini OR Positano/Capri - where to visit?
- 18 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 21 best time to book accommodation
- 22 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 23 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 24 London visit
- 25 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!