My husband and I are traveling to Europe in September. We are arriving and departing through London. We plan on taking a train to Amsterdam for a couple of nights and then to Bruges for a few nights and back to London. So, two nights in London when we arrive and two more before we go. Any suggestions on which area of the city we should stay in? We are up for lots of walking and also heard the Hop on/Hop off bus is convenient. We'd like to see the touristy things and also hang in the pubs with the locals! Any suggestions, must-dos, must-sees? Also, if anyone has any tips on Amsterdam, train travel or suggestions for other places to visit in our 10 days in Europe, I'd love to hear them. Thank you!
First time in London. What area should we stay in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 2 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 3 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 4 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 5 Dare I ask a Transportation Question?
- 6 A Winter Wander – Engadine and Berner Oberland
- 7 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 8 Calling Jamikins
- 9 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 10 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 11 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 12 Barcelona to Girona: Rent a Car or just take the train?
- 13 Zurich, Switzerland
- 14 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 15 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 16 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 17 London tube
- 18 Day trip from London to Paris
- 19 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 20 5am arrival in Dublin
- 21 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 22 Hotel in Venice
- 23 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 24 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 25 Europe-21 days in September 2014