My husband and I are traveling to Europe in September. We are arriving and departing through London. We plan on taking a train to Amsterdam for a couple of nights and then to Bruges for a few nights and back to London. So, two nights in London when we arrive and two more before we go. Any suggestions on which area of the city we should stay in? We are up for lots of walking and also heard the Hop on/Hop off bus is convenient. We'd like to see the touristy things and also hang in the pubs with the locals! Any suggestions, must-dos, must-sees? Also, if anyone has any tips on Amsterdam, train travel or suggestions for other places to visit in our 10 days in Europe, I'd love to hear them. Thank you!
First time in London. What area should we stay in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 2 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 3 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 4 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 5 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 6 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 7 Will a European two prong electrical adapter work with U.S. power strip ?
- 8 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 9 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 10 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 11 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 12 Best beach town in Italy?
- 13 Cotswold Churches
- 14 Is Venice really dirty?
- 15 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 16 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 17 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 18 Italy in October 2015
- 19 Budgeting - how long can I last!
- 20 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 21 I dream of Europe
- 22 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 23 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 24 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 25 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?