My husband and I are traveling to Europe in September. We are arriving and departing through London. We plan on taking a train to Amsterdam for a couple of nights and then to Bruges for a few nights and back to London. So, two nights in London when we arrive and two more before we go. Any suggestions on which area of the city we should stay in? We are up for lots of walking and also heard the Hop on/Hop off bus is convenient. We'd like to see the touristy things and also hang in the pubs with the locals! Any suggestions, must-dos, must-sees? Also, if anyone has any tips on Amsterdam, train travel or suggestions for other places to visit in our 10 days in Europe, I'd love to hear them. Thank you!
First time in London. What area should we stay in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 2 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 3 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 4 Germany for 3 weeks
- 5 Question about arriving and spending the day in Naples
- 6 Dublin Layover Suggestions
- 7 GPS in France
- 8 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 9 Venice Airport: How Long to Get Through Passport Clearance
- 10 Car Rental Pickup -- Dubrovnik / Split City Center or Airport Locations?
- 11 In Less Than 48 Hours, Chisinau and Transnistria
- 12 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 13 Provence planning
- 14 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 15 Ireland Trip in Spring
- 16 England, Paris itinerary help
- 17 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 18 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 19 I went to Paris in June
- 20 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 21 Shipping bags home
- 22 Narrowing down our itinerary...Paris-Venice-Rome
- 23 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 24 small group tours of turkey and greece
- 25 Italy in late June - 10 days. Should we do Rome, Florence AND Venice?