My husband and I are traveling to Europe in September. We are arriving and departing through London. We plan on taking a train to Amsterdam for a couple of nights and then to Bruges for a few nights and back to London. So, two nights in London when we arrive and two more before we go. Any suggestions on which area of the city we should stay in? We are up for lots of walking and also heard the Hop on/Hop off bus is convenient. We'd like to see the touristy things and also hang in the pubs with the locals! Any suggestions, must-dos, must-sees? Also, if anyone has any tips on Amsterdam, train travel or suggestions for other places to visit in our 10 days in Europe, I'd love to hear them. Thank you!
First time in London. What area should we stay in?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 2 Greek islands from Turkey
- 3 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 4 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 5 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 6 Chambermaid tipping
- 7 TGV and Provence questions
- 8 Novels set in Greece
- 9 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 10 To Paris and Provence in June
- 11 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 12 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 13 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 14 More help with housing in Puglia
- 15 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 16 Euro Train
- 17 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 18 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 19 Rome Accommodation
- 20 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 21 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 22 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 23 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 24 Italian Lakes gardens
- 25 London for Christmas