My husband and I are traveling to Europe in September. We are arriving and departing through London. We plan on taking a train to Amsterdam for a couple of nights and then to Bruges for a few nights and back to London. So, two nights in London when we arrive and two more before we go. Any suggestions on which area of the city we should stay in? We are up for lots of walking and also heard the Hop on/Hop off bus is convenient. We'd like to see the touristy things and also hang in the pubs with the locals! Any suggestions, must-dos, must-sees? Also, if anyone has any tips on Amsterdam, train travel or suggestions for other places to visit in our 10 days in Europe, I'd love to hear them. Thank you!
First time in London. What area should we stay in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 2 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 3 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 4 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 5 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 6 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 7 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 8 Is my plan ok
- 9 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 10 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 11 5 Observations About Paris
- 12 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 13 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 14 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 15 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 16 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 17 Southern Spain
- 18 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 19 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 20 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 21 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 22 Scotland November 2015
- 23 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 24 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 25 Best Option for London Travelcard?