Wife and I will be traveling to Greece in September for the first time. Very excited, not nervous, but as I've been researching, I've had a couple questions about ferry travel. For those in the know, please advise:
I've learned that Seajets is a less reliable company so I want to avoid them. For a ferry from Mykonos to Naxos on a Tuesday, I see 2 desirable morning options: Hellenic (Flying Cat 4) and Blue Star.
Later, on a Thurs, for Naxos to Santorini, I've learned that it is best to go with Blue Star so you can go outside on the deck on island approach. I would like to take the noon-1pm ferry that day.
I am a planner by nature and tend to like to purchase tickets ahead of time. I suppose ferry timetable could change if there are protests/strikes.
My questions include:
For these times/routes, is purchasing 3-4 days ahead of departure enough time for the Myk-Naxos ferry trip (ie. I could purchase when we arrive to Myk)? Can I purchase the Naxos-Sant ticket in Myk at the same time? If not, would purchasing 1 day ahead of time on Naxos be okay or risky (of a sellout) for the weekday trip to Sant?
Given time of year, would you purchase ahead of time? Most reliable site to use? I've looked at a couple but there are discrepancies between some time tables.
Is the Hellenic boat much more bumpy than the Blue Star? Seasickness is an issue.
Is it pretty easy to locate the ferry ticket offices on Myk and Naxos?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I continue to research. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 정선바카라방법■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■온카う온카
- 2 K-Day
- 3 Greek Islands (small)
- 4 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 5 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 6 Spain in December
- 7 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 8 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 9 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 10 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 11 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 12 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 13 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 14 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 15 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 16 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 17 Lay over time
- 18 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 19 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 20 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 21 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 22 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 23 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 24 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 25 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings