Ferry from Naxos to Santorini

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I book a ferry from Naxos to Santorini? I see a couple online booking agencies but they say you have to pick up the tickets from a local agent. Is that standard? Are there any high speed ferries from Naxos to Santorini. I only see 2 available on July 29: Blue Star and Sea Jet. I also really don't know what kind of seats to book. Thanks for any help, we are so excited for our honeymoon in Greece!

Jessie
Old May 4th, 2011, 01:02 PM

When you book a ferry online you are given a reference number which you use to pick up the tickets in Greece. You can book directly with the Blue Star company on http://www.bluestarferries.com and pick up your tickets on Naxos. Forget Sea Jets — Blue Star is more reliable and has better views from the outside deck.
Old May 4th, 2011, 02:18 PM

Unfortunately there are no e tickets for boats in Greece...
That means that you will have to book and prepay for your tickets through a travel agency.
Best solution is either Amphitrion Holidays or Pacific Travel, they both have an office at the Athens Airport , which is open 24/7 and you can pick up your tickets from there upon your arrival. ( both offices are located at the arrivals hall)
Old May 4th, 2011, 02:43 PM

We were advised to take the slow ferry so that we could enjoy the view approaching Santorini.

We bought first class tickets. I think there was one other couple in first class. It wasn't necessary at all. We were probably the oldest pax on the boat!

Have fun! Loved Naxos and Santorini
Old May 4th, 2011, 11:34 PM

As cruiseshmooz suggests, Blue Star is very unlikely to be full from Naxos to Santorini, as many passengers get off at previous stops. Still, if your dates are fixed there is no reason not to prebook. Suggest you book the cheapest economy ticket, as you will probably want to soak in the views from the outside deck rather than sit inside. The ferry passes by several islands on this leg, and the view as it enters the Santorini caldera is spectacular.

Amphitrion Holidays and Pacific Travel at the airport are very handy, and I have often used one or the other for buying tickets on the spot. When prebooking over the internet I would prefer to book directly with the ferry company, as if any changes are necessary you can go to any of its agents for help. The Blue Star agents at Naxos are right at the port, and you can pick up your tickets at any time while on the island.