I am planning a 10 day family trip to Turkey beginning of May 2013 (kids 12, 14 and 16 by then) with the following outline:
3 nights in Istanbul (2 full days of sight-seeing)
4 nights in Cappadocia (3 full days of hiking and sight-seeing)
3 nights on Turquoise coast OR 3 nights (2 full days) to explore Ephesus and Pamukkale
We will be flying to Turkey from Paris, probably with Pegasus (only low cost I have found to/from Paris). We will try to fly into one city and out of another to save time and money.
I had initially planned Istanbul – Cappadocia – Izmir, but I am starting to ask myself if we should skip Ephesus in favor of the Turquoise coast?
Do you have any suggestions on how to put together the logistics of going from Cappadocia to the coast, and what town would be nice for a family stay (not too invaded by tourists)?
We like active vacations with lots of outdoors, historical or natural sights, not too much big city (hence two days only in Istanbul) and are also looking for a good mix to get a general feel for the country.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Ephesus or Turquoise coast?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 2 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 3 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 4 3-Star Hotels in Roma Centro Storico
- 5 Quick Trip Report - MALTA/FRANKFURT
- 6 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 7 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 8 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 9 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 10 Luggage sizing
- 11 Moving to Belfast
- 12 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 13 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 14 Gluten-free in Ireland
- 15 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 16 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 17 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 18 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 19 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 20 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 21 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 22 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 23 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 24 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 25 handel's messiah, new year's, paris