I am planning a 10 day family trip to Turkey beginning of May 2013 (kids 12, 14 and 16 by then) with the following outline:
3 nights in Istanbul (2 full days of sight-seeing)
4 nights in Cappadocia (3 full days of hiking and sight-seeing)
3 nights on Turquoise coast OR 3 nights (2 full days) to explore Ephesus and Pamukkale
We will be flying to Turkey from Paris, probably with Pegasus (only low cost I have found to/from Paris). We will try to fly into one city and out of another to save time and money.
I had initially planned Istanbul – Cappadocia – Izmir, but I am starting to ask myself if we should skip Ephesus in favor of the Turquoise coast?
Do you have any suggestions on how to put together the logistics of going from Cappadocia to the coast, and what town would be nice for a family stay (not too invaded by tourists)?
We like active vacations with lots of outdoors, historical or natural sights, not too much big city (hence two days only in Istanbul) and are also looking for a good mix to get a general feel for the country.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 best shopping deals in paris and italy?
- 2 Relaxing destinations?
- 3 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 4 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 5 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 6 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 7 Is there a train from Warsaw to Vilnius or elsewhere in Lithuania?
- 8 Bandol port of call
- 9 Staying in Vienna and Prague
- 10 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 11 where to stay in Malta
- 12 What tickets to purchase for Rome attractons before leaving the States
- 13 Road maps for Iceland
- 14 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 15 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 16 Tips for 2 week travel in Europe of college students
- 17 Choosing cruise excursion activities on Italy stops with kids
- 18 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 19 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 20 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 21 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 22 spanish winery region(s)
- 23 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 24 Best places for 21 day family vacay w/ 5 year old?
- 25 Schengen visa