I am planning a 10 day family trip to Turkey beginning of May 2013 (kids 12, 14 and 16 by then) with the following outline:
3 nights in Istanbul (2 full days of sight-seeing)
4 nights in Cappadocia (3 full days of hiking and sight-seeing)
3 nights on Turquoise coast OR 3 nights (2 full days) to explore Ephesus and Pamukkale
We will be flying to Turkey from Paris, probably with Pegasus (only low cost I have found to/from Paris). We will try to fly into one city and out of another to save time and money.
I had initially planned Istanbul – Cappadocia – Izmir, but I am starting to ask myself if we should skip Ephesus in favor of the Turquoise coast?
Do you have any suggestions on how to put together the logistics of going from Cappadocia to the coast, and what town would be nice for a family stay (not too invaded by tourists)?
We like active vacations with lots of outdoors, historical or natural sights, not too much big city (hence two days only in Istanbul) and are also looking for a good mix to get a general feel for the country.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US : HP Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 HP PRINTER 24*7
- 2 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 3 Guide for Nowa Huta?
- 4 Moscow Favorites
- 5 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 6 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 7 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 8 Airport Transit Visa
- 9 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 10 Sunday drive riviera to St Remy Provence. where to stop? +monday plans
- 11 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 12 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 13 Italian lake cruise
- 14 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 15 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 16 Paris advice with kids
- 17 First visit to London
- 18 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 19 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 20 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 21 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 22 Travelling Iceland
- 23 Tuscany Itinerary
- 24 Route Information
- 25 International drivers permit