I am planning a 10 day family trip to Turkey beginning of May 2013 (kids 12, 14 and 16 by then) with the following outline:
3 nights in Istanbul (2 full days of sight-seeing)
4 nights in Cappadocia (3 full days of hiking and sight-seeing)
3 nights on Turquoise coast OR 3 nights (2 full days) to explore Ephesus and Pamukkale
We will be flying to Turkey from Paris, probably with Pegasus (only low cost I have found to/from Paris). We will try to fly into one city and out of another to save time and money.
I had initially planned Istanbul – Cappadocia – Izmir, but I am starting to ask myself if we should skip Ephesus in favor of the Turquoise coast?
Do you have any suggestions on how to put together the logistics of going from Cappadocia to the coast, and what town would be nice for a family stay (not too invaded by tourists)?
We like active vacations with lots of outdoors, historical or natural sights, not too much big city (hence two days only in Istanbul) and are also looking for a good mix to get a general feel for the country.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 2 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 5 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 6 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 7 Charles Degaulle question
- 8 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 9 Train rides
- 10 Train Help
- 11 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 12 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 13 Paris gtg in October?
- 14 italy itinerary request
- 15 Bike packing Iceland food supply
- 16 First time in Italy
- 17 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 18 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 19 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 20 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 21 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 22 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 23 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 24 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 25 Renting a car in Florence