I am planning a 10 day family trip to Turkey beginning of May 2013 (kids 12, 14 and 16 by then) with the following outline:
3 nights in Istanbul (2 full days of sight-seeing)
4 nights in Cappadocia (3 full days of hiking and sight-seeing)
3 nights on Turquoise coast OR 3 nights (2 full days) to explore Ephesus and Pamukkale
We will be flying to Turkey from Paris, probably with Pegasus (only low cost I have found to/from Paris). We will try to fly into one city and out of another to save time and money.
I had initially planned Istanbul – Cappadocia – Izmir, but I am starting to ask myself if we should skip Ephesus in favor of the Turquoise coast?
Do you have any suggestions on how to put together the logistics of going from Cappadocia to the coast, and what town would be nice for a family stay (not too invaded by tourists)?
We like active vacations with lots of outdoors, historical or natural sights, not too much big city (hence two days only in Istanbul) and are also looking for a good mix to get a general feel for the country.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France, UK and Ireland
- 2 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 3 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 4 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 5 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 6 Italian lakes
- 7 French theater in Paris
- 8 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 9 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 10 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 11 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 12 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 13 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 14 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 15 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 16 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 17 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 18 What do after Bernia Express?
- 19 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 20 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 21 Walking itinerary in England?
- 22 Rouen Tour Companies
- 23 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 24 No Periods in British Written English!
- 25 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum