I am planning a 10 day family trip to Turkey beginning of May 2013 (kids 12, 14 and 16 by then) with the following outline:
3 nights in Istanbul (2 full days of sight-seeing)
4 nights in Cappadocia (3 full days of hiking and sight-seeing)
3 nights on Turquoise coast OR 3 nights (2 full days) to explore Ephesus and Pamukkale
We will be flying to Turkey from Paris, probably with Pegasus (only low cost I have found to/from Paris). We will try to fly into one city and out of another to save time and money.
I had initially planned Istanbul – Cappadocia – Izmir, but I am starting to ask myself if we should skip Ephesus in favor of the Turquoise coast?
Do you have any suggestions on how to put together the logistics of going from Cappadocia to the coast, and what town would be nice for a family stay (not too invaded by tourists)?
We like active vacations with lots of outdoors, historical or natural sights, not too much big city (hence two days only in Istanbul) and are also looking for a good mix to get a general feel for the country.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 sfo to europe
- 2 Paris Under Seige...
- 3 First Trip to Europe!
- 4 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 5 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 6 visa appointment experience
- 7 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 8 Rue des Rosiers
- 9 Holiday in Austria
- 10 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 11 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 12 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 13 Italian Riviera
- 14 Switzerland in mid-April
- 15 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 16 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 17 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 18 Hamam Istanbul?
- 19 Scotland Trip
- 20 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 21 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 22 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 23 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 24 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 25 What to take to Germany