I am planning a 10 day family trip to Turkey beginning of May 2013 (kids 12, 14 and 16 by then) with the following outline:
3 nights in Istanbul (2 full days of sight-seeing)
4 nights in Cappadocia (3 full days of hiking and sight-seeing)
3 nights on Turquoise coast OR 3 nights (2 full days) to explore Ephesus and Pamukkale
We will be flying to Turkey from Paris, probably with Pegasus (only low cost I have found to/from Paris). We will try to fly into one city and out of another to save time and money.
I had initially planned Istanbul – Cappadocia – Izmir, but I am starting to ask myself if we should skip Ephesus in favor of the Turquoise coast?
Do you have any suggestions on how to put together the logistics of going from Cappadocia to the coast, and what town would be nice for a family stay (not too invaded by tourists)?
We like active vacations with lots of outdoors, historical or natural sights, not too much big city (hence two days only in Istanbul) and are also looking for a good mix to get a general feel for the country.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Ephesus or Turquoise coast?
- 1 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 2 Rhine/Mosel River Itinerary
- 3 Trains in Italy
- 4 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 5 12 days, 3 couples, one week in London Sept 2013
- 6 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 7 jungfraujoch mid june
- 8 3 LADIES - NAXOS OR PAROS AS BASE FOR 7 DAYS
- 9 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 10 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 11 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 12 I Need To Vent!
- 13 Train tickets
- 14 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 15 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 16 A chacun son goût
- 17 Advice Sought for Train Schedule in Spain
- 18 1st time in Europe - Please critique our itinerary
- 19 Rough Itinerary for Scotland, please more help
- 20 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 21 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 22 Paris trip: first draft:. requesting your comments
- 23 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 24 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 25 Help with itenerary