If you've been to Turkey in the past few months, did you feel safe? We are contemplating a visit soon - definitely Istanbul, plus either Ephesus area or Cappadocia area (or perhaps both). We are a couple in our late 50s; well traveled; independent travel; physically active. We've not had problems with safety in other countries, including what is considered third-world countries. We would stay in the recommended safest or safer areas for accommodations. Thanks!!!
Did you feel safe in your recent trip to Turkey?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Central Europe itinerary
- 2 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 3 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 4 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 5 floods in Andalucia
- 6 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 7 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 8 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 9 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 10 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 11 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 12 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 13 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 14 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 15 Arriving in Prague
- 16 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 17 4 Months in Europe
- 18 2 Days in Rome
- 19 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 20 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 21 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 22 Tipping in the UK
- 23 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 24 2 weeks in Spain
- 25 Going to Paris? Be yourself