I have just tentatively booked this hotel just for one night ( OH is joining me and daughter for the night before we fly to dublin the next morning)
This hotel has good reviews ..(unlike the The Somerset in Baker St ...good location but woeful premises apparently..i cancelled our booking upon researching further)
Has anyone stayed at the Darlington? Is there anything to do at night- being winter..cold/dark for two females to venture out whilst OH rests up after his long haul flight.
Any suggestions for room requests?
Incidentally, i asked for a triple room and there were none available..yet it wasnt suggested that I take a family room which also sleeps three...strange that the receptionist didnt offer this...( I rang the hotel direct )
Anyway, heres hoping that for 139 pound for the three of us with full English breakfast I have made a good choice
Will await to hear anything to the contrary from the experts here.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 2 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 3 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 4 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 5 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 6 Hotels in Barcelona Madrid and Granada
- 7 Alhambra
- 8 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 9 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 10 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 11 Dinge B&B
- 12 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 13 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 14 Gluten Free in Italy
- 15 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 16 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 17 Plitvice, Rovinj and ?
- 18 Car rental in Paris
- 19 Canaries to Turkey in ten countries
- 20 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 21 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 22 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 23 Sentimental Journey
- 24 A few last minute questions
- 25 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
Darlington Hyde Park Hotel - near Oxford St LONDON booking for three people