I have just tentatively booked this hotel just for one night ( OH is joining me and daughter for the night before we fly to dublin the next morning)
This hotel has good reviews ..(unlike the The Somerset in Baker St ...good location but woeful premises apparently..i cancelled our booking upon researching further)
Has anyone stayed at the Darlington? Is there anything to do at night- being winter..cold/dark for two females to venture out whilst OH rests up after his long haul flight.
Any suggestions for room requests?
Incidentally, i asked for a triple room and there were none available..yet it wasnt suggested that I take a family room which also sleeps three...strange that the receptionist didnt offer this...( I rang the hotel direct )
Anyway, heres hoping that for 139 pound for the three of us with full English breakfast I have made a good choice
Will await to hear anything to the contrary from the experts here.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Worried my mother won't be able to fly!
- 2 Honoring my Father, Belgium, Amsterdam, London and TWO GTGs
- 3 Itinerary help
- 4 Scenic drive: Seville-Granada-Barcelona
- 5 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 6 Malaga Train Station Car Drop off
- 7 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 8 Ceramics
- 9 SatNav and GPS systems that show speed cameras are illegal
- 10 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 11 Italy Itinerary Feedback wanted!
- 12 Itinerary help for family with young kids
- 13 Puglia impressions, in brief
- 14 French Prem Train Fares
- 15 Cash-free Scandinavia?
- 16 Rome Private Tours
- 17 First Trip to Europe Itinerary
- 18 Three days in Athens
- 19 Andalucia - Food Vocabulary - suggestions, corrections?
- 20 10 days in Barcelona anything different we could do?
- 21 Passport
- 22 Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Venice, Rome too much for 15-20 days?
- 23 Driving the Pyrenees from Barcelona to San Sebastián . Need advice ....
- 24 Intercity Train
- 25 Is one day in Portofino enough?
Darlington Hyde Park Hotel - near Oxford St LONDON booking for three people