I have just tentatively booked this hotel just for one night ( OH is joining me and daughter for the night before we fly to dublin the next morning)
This hotel has good reviews ..(unlike the The Somerset in Baker St ...good location but woeful premises apparently..i cancelled our booking upon researching further)
Has anyone stayed at the Darlington? Is there anything to do at night- being winter..cold/dark for two females to venture out whilst OH rests up after his long haul flight.
Any suggestions for room requests?
Incidentally, i asked for a triple room and there were none available..yet it wasnt suggested that I take a family room which also sleeps three...strange that the receptionist didnt offer this...( I rang the hotel direct )
Anyway, heres hoping that for 139 pound for the three of us with full English breakfast I have made a good choice
Will await to hear anything to the contrary from the experts here.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 2 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 3 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 4 Brugge hotel help
- 5 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 6 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 7 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 8 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 Another tipping question: concierges
- 11 Trip suggestion
- 12 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 13 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 14 Back from Paris
- 15 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 16 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 17 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 20 International Flight Question
- 21 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 22 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 23 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 24 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 25 Luggage Storage
Darlington Hyde Park Hotel - near Oxford St LONDON booking for three people