What is the cheapest and safest way to get cash from European ATMs; I'll be using Euros and croatian money (all the B&Bs ask for cash). If I use a credit card I'll be paying interest on the cash advance from the moment the money comes out of the machine, plus 1% currency conversion fee, perhaps a fee to my bank and any local ATM charges. But if I use a debit card then I'm liable to lose all the money in my account at home if someone steals my card or my information, although there still might be that 1%conversion fee and any foreign ATM charge, but no other charges from my bank. What to do?
cash from ATM
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 2 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 3 Madrid and London
- 4 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 5 What to wear
- 6 italy
- 7 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 8 Side trip from Geneva
- 9 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 10 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 11 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 12 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 13 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 14 7 Nights in Paris
- 15 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 16 21 Days in Central Europe
- 17 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 18 Travel & Landscape Photography from around the world
- 19 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 20 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 21 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 22 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 23 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 24 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 25 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help