What is the cheapest and safest way to get cash from European ATMs; I'll be using Euros and croatian money (all the B&Bs ask for cash). If I use a credit card I'll be paying interest on the cash advance from the moment the money comes out of the machine, plus 1% currency conversion fee, perhaps a fee to my bank and any local ATM charges. But if I use a debit card then I'm liable to lose all the money in my account at home if someone steals my card or my information, although there still might be that 1%conversion fee and any foreign ATM charge, but no other charges from my bank. What to do?
cash from ATM
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Estonia Amber
- 2 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 3 20 days in Central Europe (female traveling solo)
- 4 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 5 Munich
- 6 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 7 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 8 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 9 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 10 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 11 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 12 Italy
- 13 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 14 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 15 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 16 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 17 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 18 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 19 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 20 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 21 UK for 12 days !
- 22 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 23 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 24 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 25 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday