Our honeymoon in Greece is in 8 weeks and while our plans are mostly finalized we have yet to decide what to do with our transportation.
We will be arriving at Athens airport Monday May 25th early morning (7:00) and will need to rent a car for 5 days, going in Nafplio for 3 nights, then Delphi 2 nights before bringing the car back to the airport in time to catch a flight to Crete.
We are looking for economical/compact, manual. When I searched online (Sixt, Europcar, Kronos...) we see prices as low as 30 euros per day when my guides say it should be more around 45 euros. I guessed the 30 euros price is before the 23% tax...
Should we book with a car rental company now or wait and do it on site when we land in Athens? If we already know our plans is it worth it to book in advance?
And which company has the best value for money?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 2 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 3 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 4 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 7 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 8 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 9 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 10 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 11 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 12 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 13 Super Cover For Hertz
- 14 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 15 When to Visit Scotland
- 16 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 17 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 18 Amalfi Coast help
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 Sicily
- 21 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 22 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 23 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 24 Where to buy Saffron?
- 25 English Countryside