Our honeymoon in Greece is in 8 weeks and while our plans are mostly finalized we have yet to decide what to do with our transportation.
We will be arriving at Athens airport Monday May 25th early morning (7:00) and will need to rent a car for 5 days, going in Nafplio for 3 nights, then Delphi 2 nights before bringing the car back to the airport in time to catch a flight to Crete.
We are looking for economical/compact, manual. When I searched online (Sixt, Europcar, Kronos...) we see prices as low as 30 euros per day when my guides say it should be more around 45 euros. I guessed the 30 euros price is before the 23% tax...
Should we book with a car rental company now or wait and do it on site when we land in Athens? If we already know our plans is it worth it to book in advance?
And which company has the best value for money?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frankfurt to UK
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 4 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 7 Barcelona alternative
- 8 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 9 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 10 Italy Car Scam
- 11 God Save the Queen?
- 12 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 13 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 14 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 15 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 16 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 17 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 18 Paris to Italy
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 21 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 22 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 23 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 24 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 25 Iceland