Our honeymoon in Greece is in 8 weeks and while our plans are mostly finalized we have yet to decide what to do with our transportation.
We will be arriving at Athens airport Monday May 25th early morning (7:00) and will need to rent a car for 5 days, going in Nafplio for 3 nights, then Delphi 2 nights before bringing the car back to the airport in time to catch a flight to Crete.
We are looking for economical/compact, manual. When I searched online (Sixt, Europcar, Kronos...) we see prices as low as 30 euros per day when my guides say it should be more around 45 euros. I guessed the 30 euros price is before the 23% tax...
Should we book with a car rental company now or wait and do it on site when we land in Athens? If we already know our plans is it worth it to book in advance?
And which company has the best value for money?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flight
- 2 First time in London, dec2017
- 3 A few more questions about Brittany
- 4 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 5 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 6 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 7 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 8 Outstanding Bangalore Escorts Agency
- 9 Airports in France - help with transport between them
- 10 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 11 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 12 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 13 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 14 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 15 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 18 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 19 Sweet villages to base in La Rioja
- 20 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 21 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 22 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 23 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 24 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 25 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes