Our honeymoon in Greece is in 8 weeks and while our plans are mostly finalized we have yet to decide what to do with our transportation.
We will be arriving at Athens airport Monday May 25th early morning (7:00) and will need to rent a car for 5 days, going in Nafplio for 3 nights, then Delphi 2 nights before bringing the car back to the airport in time to catch a flight to Crete.
We are looking for economical/compact, manual. When I searched online (Sixt, Europcar, Kronos...) we see prices as low as 30 euros per day when my guides say it should be more around 45 euros. I guessed the 30 euros price is before the 23% tax...
Should we book with a car rental company now or wait and do it on site when we land in Athens? If we already know our plans is it worth it to book in advance?
And which company has the best value for money?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 2 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 3 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 4 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 5 France Study Abroad
- 6 London is it worth it?
- 7 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 8 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 9 free international phone calls
- 10 Taxi from Heathrow Airport
- 11 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 12 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 13 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 14 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 15 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 16 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 17 London 6 day itinerary
- 18 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 19 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 20 International drivers permit
- 21 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 22 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 23 Paris and Normandy
- 24 Sicily Beach Resort
- 25 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy