Our honeymoon in Greece is in 8 weeks and while our plans are mostly finalized we have yet to decide what to do with our transportation.
We will be arriving at Athens airport Monday May 25th early morning (7:00) and will need to rent a car for 5 days, going in Nafplio for 3 nights, then Delphi 2 nights before bringing the car back to the airport in time to catch a flight to Crete.
We are looking for economical/compact, manual. When I searched online (Sixt, Europcar, Kronos...) we see prices as low as 30 euros per day when my guides say it should be more around 45 euros. I guessed the 30 euros price is before the 23% tax...
Should we book with a car rental company now or wait and do it on site when we land in Athens? If we already know our plans is it worth it to book in advance?
And which company has the best value for money?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 2 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 3 dinner jackets
- 4 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 5 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 6 2 weeks Europe trip
- 7 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 8 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 9 Cordoba Overnight?
- 10 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 11 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 12 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 13 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 14 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 15 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 16 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 17 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 18 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 19 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 20 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 21 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 22 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 23 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 24 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 25 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?