Our honeymoon in Greece is in 8 weeks and while our plans are mostly finalized we have yet to decide what to do with our transportation.
We will be arriving at Athens airport Monday May 25th early morning (7:00) and will need to rent a car for 5 days, going in Nafplio for 3 nights, then Delphi 2 nights before bringing the car back to the airport in time to catch a flight to Crete.
We are looking for economical/compact, manual. When I searched online (Sixt, Europcar, Kronos...) we see prices as low as 30 euros per day when my guides say it should be more around 45 euros. I guessed the 30 euros price is before the 23% tax...
Should we book with a car rental company now or wait and do it on site when we land in Athens? If we already know our plans is it worth it to book in advance?
And which company has the best value for money?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 retruning to US with souveniers
- 2 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 3 Italy in January?
- 4 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 5 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 6 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 7 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 8 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 9 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 10 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 11 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 12 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 13 10 days in London in early December
- 14 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 15 Berlin to ?
- 16 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 17 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 18 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 19 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 20 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 21 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 22 Scotland in December
- 23 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 24 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 25 Itinerary Help for Sicily