In the midst of our trip to Turkey, we will be spending 2 1/2 days (3 nights) in Goreme. We would like to do some independent hiking and walking to see some of the sights for at least a day. what can we do in a day?.......I thought perhaps we could do the Goreme Open Air Museum on the first day after arrival later in the afternoon. Then on day two try to walk/hike to Love or Rose Valley, Uchisar and perhaps any other walkable destinations. Can anyone tell me if this is too ambitious? Thinking on day three doing the balloon ride and maybe hiring a taxi to do more sights. Can anyone suggest an itinerary for after the balloon ride? Any towns or villages that are a must?
Cappadocia, Planning for the Best!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cornwall North Coast hotel
- 2 Greece for a month with a baby
- 3 Bologna, Italy Apartment Rentals
- 4 2 week limit. Start in Barcelona and end in Paris. How to fill the middle?
- 5 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 6 Ideas on what to do for Granddaughter's 12th Birthday in London
- 7 700 die off Italian coast in boat accident.
- 8 Scenic drive from Ghent to Amsterdam
- 9 A week in Paris
- 10 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 11 Bayeux tapestry
- 12 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 13 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 14 Ice Bar at the Nordic Sea Hotel, Stockholm
- 15 Non-Crowded Europe in Mid-July
- 16 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 17 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 18 Camino No-No
- 19 Day visit to Terezin Memorial - Tour or on our own?
- 20 9 days in switzerland
- 21 Day trips from Budapest and Vienna
- 22 Traveling with 6 in the Netherlands & Friesland - car or train?
- 23 Bus ride to Positano
- 24 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 25 Help! Overwhelmed by Italy Trip Planning