I would like to get some itinerary advice for Rome and Italy. My fiancé and I are going on our honeymoon this August. Yes, I know that this is not the best time to go. Our tickets have been purchased and we will have a great time!
In short, what do you all recommend we do? We have about two weeks.
Here are a few things that we would like to do:
--Visit some Roman ruins
--Eat good food
--Ride our bikes through the countryside
--Speak some Italian with locals
Although August is supposedly the busiest time of the year for tourism, we’d like to avoid huge crowds if possible. Obviously this will be unavoidable as we plan to see the major attractions in Rome. Still, we don’t want to spend our entire trip in crowds, and would like to get off the beaten track a bit and relax.
I imagine the itinerary to look like this:
Days 1-4: Adjust from jet lag, see Vatican, Coliseum, etc. around Rome
Days 5-9 Visit Florence, or some other key city
Days 10-13 Relax a bit in a smaller town, do some bike riding
Days 14-15: Return to Rome, fly back home
Anything thoughts and overall tips would be much appreciated!
Eric and Alicia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 2 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 3 Paris to Italy
- 4 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 5 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 6 Barcelona alternative
- 7 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 8 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 11 Iceland early december visit
- 12 Frankfurt to UK
- 13 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 14 God Save the Queen?
- 15 Road trip with our dog
- 16 Milan or Turin
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 21 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 22 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 23 Spanish Medical Providers
- 24 Italy Car Scam
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris