I would like to get some itinerary advice for Rome and Italy. My fiancé and I are going on our honeymoon this August. Yes, I know that this is not the best time to go. Our tickets have been purchased and we will have a great time!
In short, what do you all recommend we do? We have about two weeks.
Here are a few things that we would like to do:
--Visit some Roman ruins
--Eat good food
--Ride our bikes through the countryside
--Speak some Italian with locals
Although August is supposedly the busiest time of the year for tourism, we’d like to avoid huge crowds if possible. Obviously this will be unavoidable as we plan to see the major attractions in Rome. Still, we don’t want to spend our entire trip in crowds, and would like to get off the beaten track a bit and relax.
I imagine the itinerary to look like this:
Days 1-4: Adjust from jet lag, see Vatican, Coliseum, etc. around Rome
Days 5-9 Visit Florence, or some other key city
Days 10-13 Relax a bit in a smaller town, do some bike riding
Days 14-15: Return to Rome, fly back home
Anything thoughts and overall tips would be much appreciated!
Eric and Alicia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BELLSOUTH Password Reset CONTACT ☎1: 800:681:7208 BELLSOUTH Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 3 Iceland car rental agencies
- 4 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 5 Italy in January?
- 6 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 retruning to US with souveniers
- 9 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 10 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 11 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 12 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 13 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 14 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 15 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 16 10 days in London in early December
- 17 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 18 Berlin to ?
- 19 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 20 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 21 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 22 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 23 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 24 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 25 Scotland in December