I would like to get some itinerary advice for Rome and Italy. My fiancé and I are going on our honeymoon this August. Yes, I know that this is not the best time to go. Our tickets have been purchased and we will have a great time!
In short, what do you all recommend we do? We have about two weeks.
Here are a few things that we would like to do:
--Visit some Roman ruins
--Eat good food
--Ride our bikes through the countryside
--Speak some Italian with locals
Although August is supposedly the busiest time of the year for tourism, we’d like to avoid huge crowds if possible. Obviously this will be unavoidable as we plan to see the major attractions in Rome. Still, we don’t want to spend our entire trip in crowds, and would like to get off the beaten track a bit and relax.
I imagine the itinerary to look like this:
Days 1-4: Adjust from jet lag, see Vatican, Coliseum, etc. around Rome
Days 5-9 Visit Florence, or some other key city
Days 10-13 Relax a bit in a smaller town, do some bike riding
Days 14-15: Return to Rome, fly back home
Anything thoughts and overall tips would be much appreciated!
Eric and Alicia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 2 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 3 Amalfi Coast help
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Sicily
- 6 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 7 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 8 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 9 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 10 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 11 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 12 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 13 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 14 Where to buy Saffron?
- 15 English Countryside
- 16 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 17 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 18 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 19 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 20 Super Cover For Hertz
- 21 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 22 4 days itinerary for France
- 23 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 24 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 25 Is it worth it to drive into Positano...& Amalfi Coast by land or sea?