I would like to get some itinerary advice for Rome and Italy. My fiancé and I are going on our honeymoon this August. Yes, I know that this is not the best time to go. Our tickets have been purchased and we will have a great time!
In short, what do you all recommend we do? We have about two weeks.
Here are a few things that we would like to do:
--Visit some Roman ruins
--Eat good food
--Ride our bikes through the countryside
--Speak some Italian with locals
Although August is supposedly the busiest time of the year for tourism, we’d like to avoid huge crowds if possible. Obviously this will be unavoidable as we plan to see the major attractions in Rome. Still, we don’t want to spend our entire trip in crowds, and would like to get off the beaten track a bit and relax.
I imagine the itinerary to look like this:
Days 1-4: Adjust from jet lag, see Vatican, Coliseum, etc. around Rome
Days 5-9 Visit Florence, or some other key city
Days 10-13 Relax a bit in a smaller town, do some bike riding
Days 14-15: Return to Rome, fly back home
Anything thoughts and overall tips would be much appreciated!
Eric and Alicia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 2 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 3 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 4 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 5 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 6 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 7 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 8 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 9 Where to stay in Reykjavik
- 10 Italian lakes
- 11 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 12 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 13 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 14 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 15 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 16 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 17 Andalucia itinerary help
- 18 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 19 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 20 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 21 Barcelona
- 22 Planning a European Trip
- 23 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 24 Santorini lodging
- 25 Spain and South of France