I am a first time traveler from Sydney, Australia and was wanting some help/advice. I am traveling to Europe in April with two other people. We (a 25, 32 and 34 year old) are traveling to Spain, France and Italy via rail and bus. I have been researching and I am a little confused about which rail pass to purchase. I wanted to try and do it myself online on www.renfe.com and www.trenitalia.com to try save. Our rail pass will be required for the following:
- Cordoba to Madrid AVE train on Saturday 20.4.13 (after 5pm)
- Madrid to Barcelona AVE train on Wednesday 24.4.13 (after 3pm)
- Barcelona to Paris on Saturday 27.4.13 catching the Elipsos night train (after 7pm)
- Paris to Venice on Friday 3.5.13 on the Thello night train (departing Paris from 7pm-7:45pm)
- Venice to Florence on Tuesday 7.5.13 (after 2 pm)
- Florence to Rome on Saturday 11.5.13 (after 12 midday)
If anyone can offer any advice on what rail pass to buy, it will be greatly appreciated. Should we buy a second or a first class ticket? Should we buy a pass or buy each ticket separately? I know that even after we buy a pass, we have to reserve a ticket and pay extra, hence the confusion.
Thank you for your patience and time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luxury Apartment Rental in Rome
- 2 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 3 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 4 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 5 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 6 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 7 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 8 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 9 Verona and Lake Garda
- 10 20 Days in Europe
- 11 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 12 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 13 Andalucia in December
- 14 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 15 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 16 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 17 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 18 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 19 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 20 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 21 4 days in switzerland
- 22 European Cooking Secrets
- 23 Basque country ideas
- 24 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 25 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!