I am a first time traveler from Sydney, Australia and was wanting some help/advice. I am traveling to Europe in April with two other people. We (a 25, 32 and 34 year old) are traveling to Spain, France and Italy via rail and bus. I have been researching and I am a little confused about which rail pass to purchase. I wanted to try and do it myself online on www.renfe.com and www.trenitalia.com to try save. Our rail pass will be required for the following:
- Cordoba to Madrid AVE train on Saturday 20.4.13 (after 5pm)
- Madrid to Barcelona AVE train on Wednesday 24.4.13 (after 3pm)
- Barcelona to Paris on Saturday 27.4.13 catching the Elipsos night train (after 7pm)
- Paris to Venice on Friday 3.5.13 on the Thello night train (departing Paris from 7pm-7:45pm)
- Venice to Florence on Tuesday 7.5.13 (after 2 pm)
- Florence to Rome on Saturday 11.5.13 (after 12 midday)
If anyone can offer any advice on what rail pass to buy, it will be greatly appreciated. Should we buy a second or a first class ticket? Should we buy a pass or buy each ticket separately? I know that even after we buy a pass, we have to reserve a ticket and pay extra, hence the confusion.
Thank you for your patience and time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do we stay in Montalcino or Chianti or Both?
- 2 Mom's First Trip to Paris (2.5 days)
- 3 Alhambra
- 4 Trains from Granada
- 5 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 6 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 7 Driving from San Sebastian to La Rioja to Bilbao
- 8 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 9 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 10 3/4/ days South of France
- 11 Ten day tour of Assisi and Umbria during Candelmaggio
- 12 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 13 Florence and Rome
- 14 Need itinerary help for self-drive or tour from Cavan to N. Ireland
- 15 Pickpocketing prevention tip
- 16 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 17 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 18 Switzerland Hotels
- 19 Bosch Parade
- 20 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 21 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 22 Living on € 2500 monthly
- 23 Amalfi October 16-25
- 24 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 25 The Great Grotte Question: Clamouse or Demoiselles