I am a first time traveler from Sydney, Australia and was wanting some help/advice. I am traveling to Europe in April with two other people. We (a 25, 32 and 34 year old) are traveling to Spain, France and Italy via rail and bus. I have been researching and I am a little confused about which rail pass to purchase. I wanted to try and do it myself online on www.renfe.com and www.trenitalia.com to try save. Our rail pass will be required for the following:
- Cordoba to Madrid AVE train on Saturday 20.4.13 (after 5pm)
- Madrid to Barcelona AVE train on Wednesday 24.4.13 (after 3pm)
- Barcelona to Paris on Saturday 27.4.13 catching the Elipsos night train (after 7pm)
- Paris to Venice on Friday 3.5.13 on the Thello night train (departing Paris from 7pm-7:45pm)
- Venice to Florence on Tuesday 7.5.13 (after 2 pm)
- Florence to Rome on Saturday 11.5.13 (after 12 midday)
If anyone can offer any advice on what rail pass to buy, it will be greatly appreciated. Should we buy a second or a first class ticket? Should we buy a pass or buy each ticket separately? I know that even after we buy a pass, we have to reserve a ticket and pay extra, hence the confusion.
Thank you for your patience and time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Under Seige...
- 2 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 3 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 4 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 5 Global Travel Warning...
- 6 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 7 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 8 What one thing in Paris?
- 9 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 10 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 11 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 12 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 13 Beaches via Public Transportation
- 14 Turkey Gulet Cruises
- 15 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 16 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 17 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 18 Glowing epidermis– Some women have stated
- 19 6 days in Portugal in December
- 20 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 21 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 22 Anyone ever been to Minsk, Belarus?
- 23 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 24 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 25 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015