I am a first time traveler from Sydney, Australia and was wanting some help/advice. I am traveling to Europe in April with two other people. We (a 25, 32 and 34 year old) are traveling to Spain, France and Italy via rail and bus. I have been researching and I am a little confused about which rail pass to purchase. I wanted to try and do it myself online on www.renfe.com and www.trenitalia.com to try save. Our rail pass will be required for the following:
- Cordoba to Madrid AVE train on Saturday 20.4.13 (after 5pm)
- Madrid to Barcelona AVE train on Wednesday 24.4.13 (after 3pm)
- Barcelona to Paris on Saturday 27.4.13 catching the Elipsos night train (after 7pm)
- Paris to Venice on Friday 3.5.13 on the Thello night train (departing Paris from 7pm-7:45pm)
- Venice to Florence on Tuesday 7.5.13 (after 2 pm)
- Florence to Rome on Saturday 11.5.13 (after 12 midday)
If anyone can offer any advice on what rail pass to buy, it will be greatly appreciated. Should we buy a second or a first class ticket? Should we buy a pass or buy each ticket separately? I know that even after we buy a pass, we have to reserve a ticket and pay extra, hence the confusion.
Thank you for your patience and time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 2 Breakfast: London
- 3 worthy or no?
- 4 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 5 Seville bus information
- 6 Macedonia, Greece
- 7 Montpellier to Arles
- 8 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 9 How to ask for glass or carafe of tap water in Portuguese
- 10 Tipping in different situations in Spain
- 11 Where To Buy Caffeine Capsules/Pills In Nice, France
- 12 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 13 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 14 Anybody rented from Allure-Apart?
- 15 Where to stay in Paris for our 1st time there?
- 16 PLITVICE LAKES
- 17 Berlin to Barcelona
- 18 Norway Trip Report 2016
- 19 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 20 Porto Portugal Hotels
- 21 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 22 Piazza Navona
- 23 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 24 Venice at Christmas
- 25 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.