I am a first time traveler from Sydney, Australia and was wanting some help/advice. I am traveling to Europe in April with two other people. We (a 25, 32 and 34 year old) are traveling to Spain, France and Italy via rail and bus. I have been researching and I am a little confused about which rail pass to purchase. I wanted to try and do it myself online on www.renfe.com and www.trenitalia.com to try save. Our rail pass will be required for the following:
- Cordoba to Madrid AVE train on Saturday 20.4.13 (after 5pm)
- Madrid to Barcelona AVE train on Wednesday 24.4.13 (after 3pm)
- Barcelona to Paris on Saturday 27.4.13 catching the Elipsos night train (after 7pm)
- Paris to Venice on Friday 3.5.13 on the Thello night train (departing Paris from 7pm-7:45pm)
- Venice to Florence on Tuesday 7.5.13 (after 2 pm)
- Florence to Rome on Saturday 11.5.13 (after 12 midday)
If anyone can offer any advice on what rail pass to buy, it will be greatly appreciated. Should we buy a second or a first class ticket? Should we buy a pass or buy each ticket separately? I know that even after we buy a pass, we have to reserve a ticket and pay extra, hence the confusion.
Thank you for your patience and time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP Printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 3 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 4 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 5 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 6 Italy in January?
- 7 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 8 Recommendations
- 9 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 10 Paris- restaurant
- 11 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 12 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 13 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 14 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 15 4 nights in Provence, advice
- 16 Iceland car rental agencies
- 17 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 18 Happy birthday ATM
- 19 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 20 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 21 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 22 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 23 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 24 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 25 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report