California woman tragically tried to board an Austrian train that was moving - her legs were run over and she lost both of them.
I myself on occasion have dashed and hopped on a moving train and realize how stupid this was - a little slip on something, etc and tragedies like this can happen.
And what happens in Austria or Europe stays in Europe - the gal tried to sue the Austrian Railways in U.S. courts under the reasoning that she bought a Eurailpass online from a Massachusetts travel agency and they did not warn her no did the info on the pass of such possibilities.
I feel really sorry for this lady but caveat emptor - do something silly and face the consequences (I do not begrudge her trying to sue the railways and the article does not go into why the railways could have been liable - perhaps because the doors should close before the train takes off as is the cituation in some countries and probably a good idea in light of such tragedies.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVAST@ Installation renewal CONTACT☎18006817208 AVAST@Tec*h Supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 Bruges
- 5 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 6 Driving through Paris
- 7 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 10 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 11 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 12 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 13 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 14 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 15 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 16 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 17 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 18 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 19 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 20 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 21 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 22 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 23 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 24 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 25 Birthday dinner in Salzburg