Avis in Dublin have come up with an exceptionally creative way to generate additional revenue. When I declined their CDW offering on our rental in September (because it was covered by my World Master Card), they just added on an “administration fee” of 30 euro. Sort of like going to the movies and being charged for not buying any popcorn. Fortunately AutoEurope intervened on my behalf and got the charge reversed. Caveat Emptor Semper (which is intended to mean “The buyer ALWAYS has be aware.”)
Avis in Dublin charged me 30 euro for declining their CDW
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How do you find French food?
- 2 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 3 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 4 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 5 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 6 airport hold baggage
- 7 7 Nights in Paris
- 8 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 9 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 10 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 11 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 12 Monet in Normandy
- 13 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 14 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 15 9 days in Italy - beginning in Venice
- 16 "New SAT Won’t Include Obscure Vocabulary Words"
- 17 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 18 Gargano Promontory
- 19 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 20 Santorini
- 21 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 22 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 23 Airport to Piraeus
- 24 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 25 Getting from London to Southhampton