Avis in Dublin have come up with an exceptionally creative way to generate additional revenue. When I declined their CDW offering on our rental in September (because it was covered by my World Master Card), they just added on an “administration fee” of 30 euro. Sort of like going to the movies and being charged for not buying any popcorn. Fortunately AutoEurope intervened on my behalf and got the charge reversed. Caveat Emptor Semper (which is intended to mean “The buyer ALWAYS has be aware.”)
Avis in Dublin charged me 30 euro for declining their CDW
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 2 Europe in winter
- 3 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 4 Two Days in Prague
- 5 Alterations to night trains routes
- 6 Best Hotel Deals in London
- 7 Air France strike
- 8 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 9 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 10 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 11 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 12 Lost SD card 32.0 GB in Europe on June 2013
- 13 What to see and do in London for a week?
- 14 Giverny in early October?
- 15 Norway Advice
- 16 Renfe site
- 17 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 18 Cornwall or Paris?
- 19 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 20 Italy tours
- 21 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 22 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 23 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 24 Trip Report, part 1
- 25 Madrid has much less to offer than Barcelona...