Avis in Dublin have come up with an exceptionally creative way to generate additional revenue. When I declined their CDW offering on our rental in September (because it was covered by my World Master Card), they just added on an “administration fee” of 30 euro. Sort of like going to the movies and being charged for not buying any popcorn. Fortunately AutoEurope intervened on my behalf and got the charge reversed. Caveat Emptor Semper (which is intended to mean “The buyer ALWAYS has be aware.”)
Avis in Dublin charged me 30 euro for declining their CDW
- 1 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 2 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 3 Driving Through Adriatic Italy
- 4 Day trip or 1 night in Paris from London (w 7y/o & visiting Disney)
- 5 Am I too fat too travel?
- 6 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 7 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 8 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
- 9 Do and don't, eating in France
- 10 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 11 Hotel recommendations for Turin
- 12 Opinion Requested on Southeast Castles in Order of Personal Preference
- 13 hotels in Milan, Italy
- 14 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 15 Help Needed with European Adventure
- 16 Paris 2 bedroom/2bathroom apartment you would recommend?
- 17 Paris - Nice/Eze - Como - Venice/Rome
- 18 Sussex Day Out Which Option to Choose?
- 19 Venice Apartment - Help!
- 20 italy itinerary for comments
- 21 chip and pin credit cards
- 22 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 23 Italian train question
- 24 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 25 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report