Avis in Dublin have come up with an exceptionally creative way to generate additional revenue. When I declined their CDW offering on our rental in September (because it was covered by my World Master Card), they just added on an “administration fee” of 30 euro. Sort of like going to the movies and being charged for not buying any popcorn. Fortunately AutoEurope intervened on my behalf and got the charge reversed. Caveat Emptor Semper (which is intended to mean “The buyer ALWAYS has be aware.”)
Avis in Dublin charged me 30 euro for declining their CDW
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 2 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 3 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 4 eateries in Puglia
- 5 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 6 Help with France itinerary
- 7 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 8 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 9 Spending $ for 10 nights (2 people) in Western Europe
- 10 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 11 Cornwall or Paris?
- 12 Day trips from Bologna
- 13 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 14 Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
- 15 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 16 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 17 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 18 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 19 Chasing the Tour de France 2014
- 20 Terrorism in Europe
- 21 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 22 What is legal to bring back to the US?
- 23 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 24 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 25 Bringing Wine Home From France