Avis in Dublin have come up with an exceptionally creative way to generate additional revenue. When I declined their CDW offering on our rental in September (because it was covered by my World Master Card), they just added on an “administration fee” of 30 euro. Sort of like going to the movies and being charged for not buying any popcorn. Fortunately AutoEurope intervened on my behalf and got the charge reversed. Caveat Emptor Semper (which is intended to mean “The buyer ALWAYS has be aware.”)
Avis in Dublin charged me 30 euro for declining their CDW
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 2 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 3 getting on highway from Avignon TVG Europcar rental place
- 4 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 5 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 6 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 7 Toulouse and beyond -
- 8 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 9 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 10 Reims for a day
- 11 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 12 Munich with a car?
- 13 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 14 Abruzzo for 5 days
- 15 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 16 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 17 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 18 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 19 poland to switzerland
- 20 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 21 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 22 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 23 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 24 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 25 Day trip on the Rhine