Avis in Dublin have come up with an exceptionally creative way to generate additional revenue. When I declined their CDW offering on our rental in September (because it was covered by my World Master Card), they just added on an “administration fee” of 30 euro. Sort of like going to the movies and being charged for not buying any popcorn. Fortunately AutoEurope intervened on my behalf and got the charge reversed. Caveat Emptor Semper (which is intended to mean “The buyer ALWAYS has be aware.”)
Avis in Dublin charged me 30 euro for declining their CDW
View all Europe activity »
- 1 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 2 rent car / Munich
- 3 Apartments in Rome
- 4 London for Christmas
- 5 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 6 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 7 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 8 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 9 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 10 To Paris and Provence in June
- 11 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 12 7 days in Andalucia
- 13 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 14 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 15 Madrid to Sevilla
- 16 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 17 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 18 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 19 A full week in The Netherlands
- 20 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 21 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 22 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 23 Ireland in a week
- 24 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 25 Home from Rome - a trip report