Avis in Dublin have come up with an exceptionally creative way to generate additional revenue. When I declined their CDW offering on our rental in September (because it was covered by my World Master Card), they just added on an “administration fee” of 30 euro. Sort of like going to the movies and being charged for not buying any popcorn. Fortunately AutoEurope intervened on my behalf and got the charge reversed. Caveat Emptor Semper (which is intended to mean “The buyer ALWAYS has be aware.”)
Avis in Dublin charged me 30 euro for declining their CDW
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 2 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 3 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 4 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 5 2 weeks in Barcelona and Swiss Apls
- 6 8 days en route to Salzburg - help me plan my itinerary!
- 7 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 8 Connecting flights. Customs/Security.
- 9 Airport ATMs
- 10 All Set To Go!!
- 11 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 12 Condor Long-Haul Business Class
- 13 history museums or locations
- 14 Italy dolomites
- 15 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 16 22 year olds in Europe
- 17 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 18 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 19 Good times in Munich, the city
- 20 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 21 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 22 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 23 Cylades Island Hopping
- 24 One week in Spain, late May
- 25 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR