This will be our family's first trip to Greece. We are a family of 5, with 3 children age 13, 10 and 4. I plan to stay in Athens for 3 nights, go to Delphi and Meteora for 3 days, then head to two islands. For the 3 day excursion, is it better off for us to rent a car or go with a tour company?
The tour company charges 305 Euro per person for the 2 night/3 day tour. And car rental should be less than 100 dollar per day. .All the guide books seem to suggest it is best not to drive in Greece, especially around Athens. But my husband has always enjoyed manual shift driving and we drove in Ireland and France before.
Few days ago I asked if we can find taxi that will fit 5 person in Athens and learned that we need two taxi. Maybe we should just pick up a car at Athens airport instead?
Any suggestion and advice are greatly appreciated.
Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seven days in London, June, 2014
- 2 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 3 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 4 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 5 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 6 Granada, Spain hotel choice
- 7 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 8 New Discoveries at Ostia Antica.
- 9 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 10 What should we tip our tour guide?
- 11 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 12 Lucca, Italy - flea/antique market?
- 13 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 14 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 15 1st time in Spain w/ 3 Children 8years and under - Help with itinery please
- 16 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 17 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?
- 18 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 19 Scotland day tour
- 20 England sites not to miss
- 21 Prices in Dubrovnik
- 22 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 23 Tuscany without a car - towns and walking/hiking holiday
- 24 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 25 Touring Europe with 1 year old