This will be our family's first trip to Greece. We are a family of 5, with 3 children age 13, 10 and 4. I plan to stay in Athens for 3 nights, go to Delphi and Meteora for 3 days, then head to two islands. For the 3 day excursion, is it better off for us to rent a car or go with a tour company?
The tour company charges 305 Euro per person for the 2 night/3 day tour. And car rental should be less than 100 dollar per day. .All the guide books seem to suggest it is best not to drive in Greece, especially around Athens. But my husband has always enjoyed manual shift driving and we drove in Ireland and France before.
Few days ago I asked if we can find taxi that will fit 5 person in Athens and learned that we need two taxi. Maybe we should just pick up a car at Athens airport instead?
Any suggestion and advice are greatly appreciated.
Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 2 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 3 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 4 First time to Switzerland
- 5 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 6 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 7 Eastern Europe
- 8 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 9 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 10 10 Days in Emilia-Romagna : Thinking of 3 Days Bologna and Then??
- 11 Switzerland help...?
- 12 Base for a Week in Normandy or Brittany in July
- 13 Airport ATMs
- 14 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 15 London to Paris by train
- 16 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 17 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 18 All Set To Go!!
- 19 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 20 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 21 4 weeks in the UK
- 22 Granada
- 23 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 24 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Ulysses S. Grant's European Tour?
- 25 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places