This will be our family's first trip to Greece. We are a family of 5, with 3 children age 13, 10 and 4. I plan to stay in Athens for 3 nights, go to Delphi and Meteora for 3 days, then head to two islands. For the 3 day excursion, is it better off for us to rent a car or go with a tour company?
The tour company charges 305 Euro per person for the 2 night/3 day tour. And car rental should be less than 100 dollar per day. .All the guide books seem to suggest it is best not to drive in Greece, especially around Athens. But my husband has always enjoyed manual shift driving and we drove in Ireland and France before.
Few days ago I asked if we can find taxi that will fit 5 person in Athens and learned that we need two taxi. Maybe we should just pick up a car at Athens airport instead?
Any suggestion and advice are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malta: baby food?
- 2 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 3 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 4 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 5 Shopping in Paris
- 6 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 7 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 8 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 9 2 London theatre recommendations
- 10 spanish winery region(s)
- 11 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 12 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 13 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 14 Strike - again in France Tomorrow
- 15 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 16 Need help for itineray for Paris, Monaco, Rome, Florence 12 -14 days
- 17 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 18 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 19 December in Deutschland
- 20 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 21 Moscow and St Petersburg
- 22 cash or plastic in Greece
- 23 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 24 Rome and Venice in December
- 25 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?