This will be our family's first trip to Greece. We are a family of 5, with 3 children age 13, 10 and 4. I plan to stay in Athens for 3 nights, go to Delphi and Meteora for 3 days, then head to two islands. For the 3 day excursion, is it better off for us to rent a car or go with a tour company?
The tour company charges 305 Euro per person for the 2 night/3 day tour. And car rental should be less than 100 dollar per day. .All the guide books seem to suggest it is best not to drive in Greece, especially around Athens. But my husband has always enjoyed manual shift driving and we drove in Ireland and France before.
Few days ago I asked if we can find taxi that will fit 5 person in Athens and learned that we need two taxi. Maybe we should just pick up a car at Athens airport instead?
Any suggestion and advice are greatly appreciated.
Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RER B & D change at G du Nord or Chatelet?
- 2 13 Day Trip to Italy
- 3 Istanbul's Prince's Islands
- 4 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 5 Florence during Holy Week
- 6 Leaving tomorrow and need last minite advice
- 7 Stonehenge and Bath
- 8 Trip report: visit to Hampton Court Palace (London)
- 9 help please: draft itinery trip to andalucia with DD(11&14) in april
- 10 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 11 Train from Rome Airport FCO to Florence
- 12 Lux Express in the Baltics
- 13 Paris on Palm Sunday and Easter
- 14 Barcelona or no ?
- 15 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 16 Backpacking Europe (3-4 Weeks)
- 17 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 18 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 19 Restaurant Recommendations - Pula or Rovinj
- 20 Leaving Tomorrow need some last minute advice
- 21 Drive from Beaune to Strasbourg
- 22 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 23 Swiss decisions
- 24 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 25 Venice -- Hotel Becher or Hotel Fontana