This will be our family's first trip to Greece. We are a family of 5, with 3 children age 13, 10 and 4. I plan to stay in Athens for 3 nights, go to Delphi and Meteora for 3 days, then head to two islands. For the 3 day excursion, is it better off for us to rent a car or go with a tour company?
The tour company charges 305 Euro per person for the 2 night/3 day tour. And car rental should be less than 100 dollar per day. .All the guide books seem to suggest it is best not to drive in Greece, especially around Athens. But my husband has always enjoyed manual shift driving and we drove in Ireland and France before.
Few days ago I asked if we can find taxi that will fit 5 person in Athens and learned that we need two taxi. Maybe we should just pick up a car at Athens airport instead?
Any suggestion and advice are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 2 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 3 Norwegian Air?
- 4 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 5 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 6 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 7 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 8 Shorts in South of France?
- 9 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 10 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 11 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 12 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 13 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?
- 14 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 15 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 16 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 17 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 18 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 19 Highclare Castle
- 20 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 21 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 22 Salzburg itinerary review
- 23 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 24 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 25 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?