This will be our family's first trip to Greece. We are a family of 5, with 3 children age 13, 10 and 4. I plan to stay in Athens for 3 nights, go to Delphi and Meteora for 3 days, then head to two islands. For the 3 day excursion, is it better off for us to rent a car or go with a tour company?
The tour company charges 305 Euro per person for the 2 night/3 day tour. And car rental should be less than 100 dollar per day. .All the guide books seem to suggest it is best not to drive in Greece, especially around Athens. But my husband has always enjoyed manual shift driving and we drove in Ireland and France before.
Few days ago I asked if we can find taxi that will fit 5 person in Athens and learned that we need two taxi. Maybe we should just pick up a car at Athens airport instead?
Any suggestion and advice are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austria
- 2 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 3 Norway Itinerary
- 4 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 5 Train Help
- 6 Dolomites October 14-18
- 7 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 8 Charles Degaulle question
- 9 Sept. 2016. GTG...possibly 14th-17th
- 10 Trains France/Switzerland
- 11 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 12 Switzerland itinerary help
- 13 Cote d'Azur & Provence Itinerary - Stu Dudley's new/revised edition
- 14 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 15 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 16 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 17 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 18 Sagrada Familia-Guide or Audio
- 19 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 20 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 21 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 22 Renting a car in Florence
- 23 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 24 Hammams in Spain
- 25 Bologna or Bergamo?
Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?