This will be our family's first trip to Greece. We are a family of 5, with 3 children age 13, 10 and 4. I plan to stay in Athens for 3 nights, go to Delphi and Meteora for 3 days, then head to two islands. For the 3 day excursion, is it better off for us to rent a car or go with a tour company?
The tour company charges 305 Euro per person for the 2 night/3 day tour. And car rental should be less than 100 dollar per day. .All the guide books seem to suggest it is best not to drive in Greece, especially around Athens. But my husband has always enjoyed manual shift driving and we drove in Ireland and France before.
Few days ago I asked if we can find taxi that will fit 5 person in Athens and learned that we need two taxi. Maybe we should just pick up a car at Athens airport instead?
Any suggestion and advice are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kitchen Units Manchester
- 2 driving from prague to salzburg
- 3 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 4 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 7 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 8 Need help for hiking destinations in Austria
- 9 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 10 Acropolis Athens
- 11 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 12 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 13 Versailles
- 14 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 15 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 16 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 17 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 18 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 19 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 20 Meteora for older folk
- 21 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 22 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 23 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 24 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 25 Swiss Half Fare Card
Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?