This will be our family's first trip to Greece. We are a family of 5, with 3 children age 13, 10 and 4. I plan to stay in Athens for 3 nights, go to Delphi and Meteora for 3 days, then head to two islands. For the 3 day excursion, is it better off for us to rent a car or go with a tour company?
The tour company charges 305 Euro per person for the 2 night/3 day tour. And car rental should be less than 100 dollar per day. .All the guide books seem to suggest it is best not to drive in Greece, especially around Athens. But my husband has always enjoyed manual shift driving and we drove in Ireland and France before.
Few days ago I asked if we can find taxi that will fit 5 person in Athens and learned that we need two taxi. Maybe we should just pick up a car at Athens airport instead?
Any suggestion and advice are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 2 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 3 Europe itinerary review
- 4 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 5 Renting International Cars from USA
- 6 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 7 Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart in No Man's Land
- 8 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 9 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 10 European Travel in March
- 11 Wine Tour in Florence/Tuscany
- 12 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 13 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 14 Itinerary Critique, please?
- 15 Ferrara or Verona for a 4/5 hours stopover?
- 16 Voltaren in Dubrovnik?
- 17 Day trips from Uzes
- 18 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 19 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 20 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 21 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 22 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 23 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 24 My First Trip to Europe...
- 25 Iceland in October
Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?