This will be our family's first trip to Greece. We are a family of 5, with 3 children age 13, 10 and 4. I plan to stay in Athens for 3 nights, go to Delphi and Meteora for 3 days, then head to two islands. For the 3 day excursion, is it better off for us to rent a car or go with a tour company?
The tour company charges 305 Euro per person for the 2 night/3 day tour. And car rental should be less than 100 dollar per day. .All the guide books seem to suggest it is best not to drive in Greece, especially around Athens. But my husband has always enjoyed manual shift driving and we drove in Ireland and France before.
Few days ago I asked if we can find taxi that will fit 5 person in Athens and learned that we need two taxi. Maybe we should just pick up a car at Athens airport instead?
Any suggestion and advice are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 2 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 3 England and Wales by public transport
- 4 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 5 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 6 Planning Advice!
- 7 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 8 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 9 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 10 Greece in 15 Days
- 11 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 12 Help with itinerary
- 13 Naples or Genoa
- 14 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 15 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 16 Banks Mansion
- 17 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 18 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel
- 19 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 20 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 21 20 free days of Europe
- 22 Bring Europe to My Kitchen. Please.
- 23 BNL machines in Italy
- 24 BNL ATMs
- 25 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?