This will be our family's first trip to Greece. We are a family of 5, with 3 children age 13, 10 and 4. I plan to stay in Athens for 3 nights, go to Delphi and Meteora for 3 days, then head to two islands. For the 3 day excursion, is it better off for us to rent a car or go with a tour company?
The tour company charges 305 Euro per person for the 2 night/3 day tour. And car rental should be less than 100 dollar per day. .All the guide books seem to suggest it is best not to drive in Greece, especially around Athens. But my husband has always enjoyed manual shift driving and we drove in Ireland and France before.
Few days ago I asked if we can find taxi that will fit 5 person in Athens and learned that we need two taxi. Maybe we should just pick up a car at Athens airport instead?
Any suggestion and advice are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 2 Affordable 1 year French courses in France? Recommendations?
- 3 Florence Travel Guide
- 4 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 5 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 6 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 7 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 8 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 9 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 10 Cornwall Advice
- 11 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 12 Rome Advice?
- 13 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 14 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 15 Italian lakes
- 16 Via del Sale, Italy
- 17 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 18 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 19 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 20 Andalucia itinerary help
- 21 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 22 Nafplio to Hydra
- 23 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 24 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 25 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?