This will be our family's first trip to Greece. We are a family of 5, with 3 children age 13, 10 and 4. I plan to stay in Athens for 3 nights, go to Delphi and Meteora for 3 days, then head to two islands. For the 3 day excursion, is it better off for us to rent a car or go with a tour company?
The tour company charges 305 Euro per person for the 2 night/3 day tour. And car rental should be less than 100 dollar per day. .All the guide books seem to suggest it is best not to drive in Greece, especially around Athens. But my husband has always enjoyed manual shift driving and we drove in Ireland and France before.
Few days ago I asked if we can find taxi that will fit 5 person in Athens and learned that we need two taxi. Maybe we should just pick up a car at Athens airport instead?
Any suggestion and advice are greatly appreciated.
Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone trying to get out of the French Alps?
- 2 Budget family trip to Europe
- 3 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 4 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 5 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 6 caroline_venezia
- 7 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 8 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 9 Italy trip questions
- 10 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 11 Spain, Summer 2014 Itinerary Suggestions
- 12 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 13 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 14 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 15 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 16 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 17 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 18 Airport bus Bilbao to San Sebastian and back
- 19 Where to stay Venice, Cinque Terre, Florence, Siena, and Rome.
- 20 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 21 Suggestion for travel memories
- 22 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 23 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 24 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 25 Two Weeks in Italy: Umbria, Tuscany, Piedmont Itinerary Help