This will be our family's first trip to Greece. We are a family of 5, with 3 children age 13, 10 and 4. I plan to stay in Athens for 3 nights, go to Delphi and Meteora for 3 days, then head to two islands. For the 3 day excursion, is it better off for us to rent a car or go with a tour company?
The tour company charges 305 Euro per person for the 2 night/3 day tour. And car rental should be less than 100 dollar per day. .All the guide books seem to suggest it is best not to drive in Greece, especially around Athens. But my husband has always enjoyed manual shift driving and we drove in Ireland and France before.
Few days ago I asked if we can find taxi that will fit 5 person in Athens and learned that we need two taxi. Maybe we should just pick up a car at Athens airport instead?
Any suggestion and advice are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 2 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 3 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 4 Slovenia & Croatia itinerary help
- 5 Referendum in Greece
- 6 Germany Itinerary suggestions please
- 7 Visa D - Student or Tourist?
- 8 Barcelona Itinerary
- 9 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 10 Turkey Draft Itinerary
- 11 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 12 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 13 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 14 Spain (Ibiza or Majorca)
- 15 Umbria/Tuscany/Le Marche villa suggestions for large group
- 16 Musee D'Orsay or the Louvre
- 17 Obtaining Swiss francs in Switzerland
- 18 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 19 Sunrise in Colmar, France
- 20 Ann Frank House
- 21 Iceland
- 22 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 23 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 24 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 25 London to Edinburgh transportation
Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?