This will be our family's first trip to Greece. We are a family of 5, with 3 children age 13, 10 and 4. I plan to stay in Athens for 3 nights, go to Delphi and Meteora for 3 days, then head to two islands. For the 3 day excursion, is it better off for us to rent a car or go with a tour company?
The tour company charges 305 Euro per person for the 2 night/3 day tour. And car rental should be less than 100 dollar per day. .All the guide books seem to suggest it is best not to drive in Greece, especially around Athens. But my husband has always enjoyed manual shift driving and we drove in Ireland and France before.
Few days ago I asked if we can find taxi that will fit 5 person in Athens and learned that we need two taxi. Maybe we should just pick up a car at Athens airport instead?
Any suggestion and advice are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona extension
- 2 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 3 Europe itinerary review
- 4 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 5 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 6 How Challenging Did You Find German to Learn?
- 7 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 8 countless numbers of hundreds and hundreds
- 9 15 days trip to Europe
- 10 Turkey fire code problems with building entry doors
- 11 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 12 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 13 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 14 Vuerling airlines
- 15 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 16 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 17 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 18 France for a month in 2017
- 19 RENFE error message during payment
- 20 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 21 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 22 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 23 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 24 Venice Film Fest
- 25 Europe itinerary
Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?