This will be our family's first trip to Greece. We are a family of 5, with 3 children age 13, 10 and 4. I plan to stay in Athens for 3 nights, go to Delphi and Meteora for 3 days, then head to two islands. For the 3 day excursion, is it better off for us to rent a car or go with a tour company?
The tour company charges 305 Euro per person for the 2 night/3 day tour. And car rental should be less than 100 dollar per day. .All the guide books seem to suggest it is best not to drive in Greece, especially around Athens. But my husband has always enjoyed manual shift driving and we drove in Ireland and France before.
Few days ago I asked if we can find taxi that will fit 5 person in Athens and learned that we need two taxi. Maybe we should just pick up a car at Athens airport instead?
Any suggestion and advice are greatly appreciated.
Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 2 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 3 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 4 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 5 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 6 I'm in a funk
- 7 Shuttle Bus in Madrid
- 8 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 9 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 10 Mama Mia Italy!
- 11 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 12 Vespa Tours in Rome
- 13 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 14 Bike touring in France
- 15 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 16 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 17 Germany Visa for conference
- 18 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 19 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 20 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 21 travel to western Europe from India
- 22 I went to Paris in June
- 23 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 24 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 25 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady