This will be our family's first trip to Greece. We are a family of 5, with 3 children age 13, 10 and 4. I plan to stay in Athens for 3 nights, go to Delphi and Meteora for 3 days, then head to two islands. For the 3 day excursion, is it better off for us to rent a car or go with a tour company?
The tour company charges 305 Euro per person for the 2 night/3 day tour. And car rental should be less than 100 dollar per day. .All the guide books seem to suggest it is best not to drive in Greece, especially around Athens. But my husband has always enjoyed manual shift driving and we drove in Ireland and France before.
Few days ago I asked if we can find taxi that will fit 5 person in Athens and learned that we need two taxi. Maybe we should just pick up a car at Athens airport instead?
Any suggestion and advice are greatly appreciated.
Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First trip to Paris
- 2 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 3 Italian Riviera Planning
- 4 Car insurance in Europe...
- 5 Naples Italy as base for coast?
- 6 Preparing to drive on the Greek mainland
- 7 any luggage storage/lockers at Gare du Nord?
- 8 Paris: Hotel Verneuil, Regent, d'Angleterre, Millesime, Aramis (Best Western)
- 9 Restaurants in Lake Maggiore/Stresa
- 10 One island on way from Greece to Turkey
- 11 Three Centre Holiday, Italy
- 12 Can't print train tickets
- 13 Solo train travel in Germany
- 14 Baby Stroller/Pram travel in Italy and Switzerland
- 15 Dulwich Picture Gallery
- 16 Please help me with the itinerary !!
- 17 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 18 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 19 Help with itinerary for Italy for 12 days
- 20 Antwerp or Bruges?
- 21 EURail Pass worth it for this itinerary?
- 22 Romania: 8 to 9 day tour tips/suggestions
- 23 Car hire in Turkey
- 24 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 25 Barcelona to San Sebastián etc....or???