This will be our family's first trip to Greece. We are a family of 5, with 3 children age 13, 10 and 4. I plan to stay in Athens for 3 nights, go to Delphi and Meteora for 3 days, then head to two islands. For the 3 day excursion, is it better off for us to rent a car or go with a tour company?
The tour company charges 305 Euro per person for the 2 night/3 day tour. And car rental should be less than 100 dollar per day. .All the guide books seem to suggest it is best not to drive in Greece, especially around Athens. But my husband has always enjoyed manual shift driving and we drove in Ireland and France before.
Few days ago I asked if we can find taxi that will fit 5 person in Athens and learned that we need two taxi. Maybe we should just pick up a car at Athens airport instead?
Any suggestion and advice are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 2 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 3 Driving in Italy?
- 4 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 5 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 6 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 7 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 8 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 9 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 10 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 11 Shoes in Scotland
- 12 Engadine Valley help
- 13 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 14 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 15 Naples, Italy
- 16 Ireland in April
- 17 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 18 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 19 French restaurants
- 20 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 21 Tuscany 6 nights
- 22 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 23 Ireland travel passport question
- 24 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 25 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?