This will be our family's first trip to Greece. We are a family of 5, with 3 children age 13, 10 and 4. I plan to stay in Athens for 3 nights, go to Delphi and Meteora for 3 days, then head to two islands. For the 3 day excursion, is it better off for us to rent a car or go with a tour company?
The tour company charges 305 Euro per person for the 2 night/3 day tour. And car rental should be less than 100 dollar per day. .All the guide books seem to suggest it is best not to drive in Greece, especially around Athens. But my husband has always enjoyed manual shift driving and we drove in Ireland and France before.
Few days ago I asked if we can find taxi that will fit 5 person in Athens and learned that we need two taxi. Maybe we should just pick up a car at Athens airport instead?
Any suggestion and advice are greatly appreciated.
Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 2 Two days to spend in northern Spain traveling by car
- 3 We Need a Pact
- 4 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 5 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 6 I need a haircut
- 7 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 8 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 9 Tipping in Greece
- 10 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 11 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 12 Honeymooning in Europe
- 13 Southern France
- 14 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 15 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 16 Spain tips beyond safety
- 17 Small group for Colosseum
- 18 American electrical gadgets
- 19 Arc de Triumph Question
- 20 flea markets in France
- 21 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 22 Eating in France-two new books
- 23 Monet in Normandy
- 24 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 25 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague