This will be our family's first trip to Greece. We are a family of 5, with 3 children age 13, 10 and 4. I plan to stay in Athens for 3 nights, go to Delphi and Meteora for 3 days, then head to two islands. For the 3 day excursion, is it better off for us to rent a car or go with a tour company?
The tour company charges 305 Euro per person for the 2 night/3 day tour. And car rental should be less than 100 dollar per day. .All the guide books seem to suggest it is best not to drive in Greece, especially around Athens. But my husband has always enjoyed manual shift driving and we drove in Ireland and France before.
Few days ago I asked if we can find taxi that will fit 5 person in Athens and learned that we need two taxi. Maybe we should just pick up a car at Athens airport instead?
Any suggestion and advice are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 2 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 3 What to expect over Christmas
- 4 Rome
- 5 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 6 Italy/Greece with kids
- 7 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 8 Prague hotels
- 9 Need help in travel planning
- 10 Puglia or La Langhe
- 11 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 12 Munich
- 13 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 14 Northern lights in December
- 15 Booking hotels before trains
- 16 Flights from Croatia
- 17 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 18 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 19 Budapest
- 20 First time in France
- 21 Planning stages of trip to Andalusia
- 22 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 23 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 24 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 25 English Countryside
Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?