We are a family of four (2 kids aged 11 and 8) who are planning a trip to Europe. We will be visiting London, train to Paris and then visiting family in Malta before travelling by train in Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice).
I have been reading about packing light and can certainly see the advantages of taking carry on bags only but am wondering if any families have done this and if they were successful. I am particularly worried about the 7kg weight restriction that most airlines have. The kids are quite happy to have their own bags. I am quite guilty of packing way too much and have certainly paid for this on previous holidays.
Any advice would be great, even recommendations of particular bags.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 2 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 3 Which Area in London?
- 4 family trip to Germany and more
- 5 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 6 Trains - website?
- 7 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 8 Paris Apartment
- 9 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 10 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 11 Barcelona to Malaga
- 12 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 13 Milan airport--which one
- 14 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 15 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 16 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 17 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 18 1st time to Europe
- 19 Paris November 2017
- 20 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 21 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 22 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 23 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 24 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 25 St, Goar or Bacharach