Hi all! My husband and I (late 20s) will be traveling to Rome in late February 2012. This will be our second trip to Rome (first was a few years ago on our honeymoon- at that time we stayed in a hotel near the Trevi fountain). This time we're looking to rent an apartment. I was hoping you all could offer some advice/recommendations for specific apartments that you've stayed in and have liked. I've read through a bunch of old forum posts and have seen a lot of recs for larger apartments (sleeping 4+) but we're very content to have a one bedroom or studio. Cleanliness and location would be my two biggest interests. I've read reviews on Slow Trav and have looked at several agency websites like SleepinItaly, but would be interested to hear more recent feedback. Budget goal for us is <$1,000 for the week. I've been concentrating my search in the Navona/Campo/Pantheon area but I'm open to suggestions anywhere. We're big walkers so we plan to do all of our sight-seeing on foot. Thanks so much in advance for your advice, Fodorites!!
Apartment Advice Rome Feb 2012
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 2 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 3 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 4 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 5 Toulouse and beyond -
- 6 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 7 Scotland
- 8 Estonia Amber
- 9 7 days in Greece
- 10 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 11 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 12 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 13 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 14 Reims for a day
- 15 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 16 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 17 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 18 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 19 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 20 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 21 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 22 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 23 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 24 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 25 Vienna highlights