My husband and I get to spend a week in Valencia (July 3-10) after spending a week in Madrid (ending our trip with 5 days in Barcelona). We've been completely convinced of the value (for us) of staying in one place for a while. We are searching for an apartment and hoping that most places in the old historic part of Valencia are acceptable. I'm drawn (for some unknown reason) to places around the Botanical Gardens and not so much to the southern locations (around the train station). We are not interested in the beach. We might try to rent a car one day to see some of the surrounding area (mostly south), but don't need full time car parking services. Since we'll travel by train both into and out of the city, I should probably prioritize the apartments around the train station. Any advice about apartment location?
Thanks so much in advance--Ann
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 3 What fresh hell is this?
- 4 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 5 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 8 Berlin
- 9 Bordeaux to Nice
- 10 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 13 SE ITALY
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 16 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 17 One free day in Barcelona
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 20 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 23 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 24 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 25 Uber vs. TfL