My husband and I get to spend a week in Valencia (July 3-10) after spending a week in Madrid (ending our trip with 5 days in Barcelona). We've been completely convinced of the value (for us) of staying in one place for a while. We are searching for an apartment and hoping that most places in the old historic part of Valencia are acceptable. I'm drawn (for some unknown reason) to places around the Botanical Gardens and not so much to the southern locations (around the train station). We are not interested in the beach. We might try to rent a car one day to see some of the surrounding area (mostly south), but don't need full time car parking services. Since we'll travel by train both into and out of the city, I should probably prioritize the apartments around the train station. Any advice about apartment location?
Thanks so much in advance--Ann
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 2 St Denis Cathedral
- 3 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 4 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 5 Praiano
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 8 Help please
- 9 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 10 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 11 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 12 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 13 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 14 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 15 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 16 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 17 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 18 Rome to venice
- 19 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 20 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 21 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 22 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Areas in Milan
- 25 Melia Colbert Paris