Flying to Europe on April 20, flying back to NJ on April 28, but we haven't bought plane tickets yet. I have only been to Europe twice, UK and French Riviera, and my sister has been to Paris multiple times. We have to use Amsterdam as base April 23-28 (hotel paid for), so we can do some sightseeing in Amsterdam and some day trips for at least 4.5 days. Should we stay in Amsterdam the entire time (April 20-28)? Or, I am thinking maybe fly into another city on April 20 and then onto Amsterdam on April 23? Copenhagen maybe? Or somewhere in Germany? We are interested in local history, performing arts, farmers markets; I also like being near the water (river, ocean); neither of us is interested in visual arts (so no art museums on our list). TIA for your suggestions.
Amsterdam and ? Trip Planning
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 2 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 3 Foie gras, redux
- 4 Chip but no PIN
- 5 What still confounds you about travel?
- 6 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 7 Dublin Tour Companies
- 8 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 9 Day trips from Seville
- 10 Oktoberfest reservations
- 11 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 12 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 13 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 14 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 15 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 16 Southern France
- 17 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 18 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 19 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 20 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 21 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 22 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 23 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 24 Train to Airport in Venice
- 25 Golfing in Ireland