Flying to Europe on April 20, flying back to NJ on April 28, but we haven't bought plane tickets yet. I have only been to Europe twice, UK and French Riviera, and my sister has been to Paris multiple times. We have to use Amsterdam as base April 23-28 (hotel paid for), so we can do some sightseeing in Amsterdam and some day trips for at least 4.5 days. Should we stay in Amsterdam the entire time (April 20-28)? Or, I am thinking maybe fly into another city on April 20 and then onto Amsterdam on April 23? Copenhagen maybe? Or somewhere in Germany? We are interested in local history, performing arts, farmers markets; I also like being near the water (river, ocean); neither of us is interested in visual arts (so no art museums on our list). TIA for your suggestions.
Amsterdam and ? Trip Planning
View all Europe activity »
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 rent car / Munich
- 3 Family European winter holiday
- 4 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 5 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 6 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 7 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 8 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 9 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 10 Channel Islands
- 11 question for bank of montreal customers - withdrawing in paris/europe
- 12 2 Week European Itinerary
- 13 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 14 Dresden Train Station
- 15 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 16 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 17 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 18 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 19 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 20 Euro Train
- 21 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 22 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 23 Chambermaid tipping
- 24 TGV and Provence questions
- 25 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna