Flying to Europe on April 20, flying back to NJ on April 28, but we haven't bought plane tickets yet. I have only been to Europe twice, UK and French Riviera, and my sister has been to Paris multiple times. We have to use Amsterdam as base April 23-28 (hotel paid for), so we can do some sightseeing in Amsterdam and some day trips for at least 4.5 days. Should we stay in Amsterdam the entire time (April 20-28)? Or, I am thinking maybe fly into another city on April 20 and then onto Amsterdam on April 23? Copenhagen maybe? Or somewhere in Germany? We are interested in local history, performing arts, farmers markets; I also like being near the water (river, ocean); neither of us is interested in visual arts (so no art museums on our list). TIA for your suggestions.
Amsterdam and ? Trip Planning
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 2 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 3 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 4 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 5 Five nights in Extremadura
- 6 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 7 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 8 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 9 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 10 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 11 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 12 trip to norway
- 13 Is Venice really dirty?
- 14 Where to go in France mid July?
- 15 Help with England/Wales tour
- 16 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 17 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 18 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 19 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 20 Best beach town in Italy?
- 21 Cotswold Churches
- 22 A Greek sojourn
- 23 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 24 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 25 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek