Flying to Europe on April 20, flying back to NJ on April 28, but we haven't bought plane tickets yet. I have only been to Europe twice, UK and French Riviera, and my sister has been to Paris multiple times. We have to use Amsterdam as base April 23-28 (hotel paid for), so we can do some sightseeing in Amsterdam and some day trips for at least 4.5 days. Should we stay in Amsterdam the entire time (April 20-28)? Or, I am thinking maybe fly into another city on April 20 and then onto Amsterdam on April 23? Copenhagen maybe? Or somewhere in Germany? We are interested in local history, performing arts, farmers markets; I also like being near the water (river, ocean); neither of us is interested in visual arts (so no art museums on our list). TIA for your suggestions.
Amsterdam and ? Trip Planning
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 2 Now for the Venice hotel
- 3 Night Train from Krakow to Budapest
- 4 Traffic Violation fine - don't they want my money?
- 5 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 6 Mari's Northern Spain and the Camino de Santiago Trip Report
- 7 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 8 Arles as a base?
- 9 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 10 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 11 Rocamaxour
- 12 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 13 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 14 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 15 Insight coach tours of Italy & France
- 16 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 17 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 18 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 19 France in 2003
- 20 South of Switzerland
- 21 A Week in Spain
- 22 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 23 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 24 Home Base in Belgium
- 25 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?