My husband and I have 6 days to be with our daughter during her 1 week break. We are traveling that last week in October and beginning of November. She is studying in Brussels and is taking an Art class where she travels to Tournai, Bruge, Antwerp, Amsterdam, Paris, and World War I battlefields in Northern France near Amien. My brother and his family is meeting us at the airport, they are from Edinburgh,and traveling to Bruge for 2 days and then flying home. We are going to Ghent for 1 night. I have looked at the trains and have been looking at where to go from Ghent and I am at a loss. I looked at Dinant but Wed/Thurs has few options for food and seems like the wrong time of year. I would like to minimize the travel with as few switching of trains but want to make the most of our short time. I am a high school art teacher, hence Ghent for van Eyck's altarpiece, my husband is a foodie, so art and food would be interests. Thought about Antwerp, Rubens, back to Brussels, Art Nouveau and Magritte, but daughter will have spent 4 months stationed there so don't want to redo everything she may have done. Any suggestions would be helpful I have to book 3 nights but the last night I want to be in Brussels or at the airport for the early plane on Saturday.
6 days in Belgium visiting daughter on study abroad
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Revisit someplace you've already been or go somewhere new?
- 2 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 3 Any Pros Out There on Sending FedEx from Italy to U.S.?
- 4 ABOUT SPAIN
- 5 St Gervais les-Bains to Colmar: Where to Stop for the Night?
- 6 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 7 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 8 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 9 Which area to stay in Madrid?
- 10 Itinerary help needed!
- 11 Paris to Etretat Day Trip
- 12 France 8 days
- 13 Help with Itinerary, choosing Florence and Venice over Chianti area
- 14 Suggestions for my Andalucia Itinerary
- 15 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 16 Paris Museum Pass length of life
- 17 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 18 Never traveled abroad before — have one week to get from Derry to Paris
- 19 Hotels in old Rome
- 20 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 21 Question About Belgiun Train Travel
- 22 First Time in Italy 12-14 Days
- 23 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 24 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 25 Help plan my honeymoon! Northern Spain, and/or Lisbon or Bordeaux