My husband and I have 6 days to be with our daughter during her 1 week break. We are traveling that last week in October and beginning of November. She is studying in Brussels and is taking an Art class where she travels to Tournai, Bruge, Antwerp, Amsterdam, Paris, and World War I battlefields in Northern France near Amien. My brother and his family is meeting us at the airport, they are from Edinburgh,and traveling to Bruge for 2 days and then flying home. We are going to Ghent for 1 night. I have looked at the trains and have been looking at where to go from Ghent and I am at a loss. I looked at Dinant but Wed/Thurs has few options for food and seems like the wrong time of year. I would like to minimize the travel with as few switching of trains but want to make the most of our short time. I am a high school art teacher, hence Ghent for van Eyck's altarpiece, my husband is a foodie, so art and food would be interests. Thought about Antwerp, Rubens, back to Brussels, Art Nouveau and Magritte, but daughter will have spent 4 months stationed there so don't want to redo everything she may have done. Any suggestions would be helpful I have to book 3 nights but the last night I want to be in Brussels or at the airport for the early plane on Saturday.
6 days in Belgium visiting daughter on study abroad
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 2 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 3 Paris and where else?
- 4 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 5 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 6 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 7 Internet or travel agent?
- 8 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 9 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 10 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 11 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 12 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 13 Beware Hotel Henry IV on Place Dauphine, Paris
- 14 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 15 Christmas windows in Paris
- 16 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 17 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 18 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 19 Autumn in Paris
- 20 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 21 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 22 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 23 Raining in rome
- 24 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 25 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?