My husband and I have 6 days to be with our daughter during her 1 week break. We are traveling that last week in October and beginning of November. She is studying in Brussels and is taking an Art class where she travels to Tournai, Bruge, Antwerp, Amsterdam, Paris, and World War I battlefields in Northern France near Amien. My brother and his family is meeting us at the airport, they are from Edinburgh,and traveling to Bruge for 2 days and then flying home. We are going to Ghent for 1 night. I have looked at the trains and have been looking at where to go from Ghent and I am at a loss. I looked at Dinant but Wed/Thurs has few options for food and seems like the wrong time of year. I would like to minimize the travel with as few switching of trains but want to make the most of our short time. I am a high school art teacher, hence Ghent for van Eyck's altarpiece, my husband is a foodie, so art and food would be interests. Thought about Antwerp, Rubens, back to Brussels, Art Nouveau and Magritte, but daughter will have spent 4 months stationed there so don't want to redo everything she may have done. Any suggestions would be helpful I have to book 3 nights but the last night I want to be in Brussels or at the airport for the early plane on Saturday.
6 days in Belgium visiting daughter on study abroad
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 2 10 days in England
- 3 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 4 Looking for add on city
- 5 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 6 cell phones in France
- 7 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 8 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 9 A full week in The Netherlands
- 10 Struggling with Ireland itinerary - help finding off the beaten path gems!
- 11 What do you wish you'd known about Iceland before you went?
- 12 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 13 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 14 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 15 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 16 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 17 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 18 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 19 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 20 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 21 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 22 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 23 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 24 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 25 Suggested itinerary for Istanbul??