My family of four will be traveling to Iceland the first week of July this year. We will be arriving about 3:30 Friday, July 1st and leaving at 1PM on Tues, July 5th. I would like to accomplish a few things on our trip and need help configuring it.
* Blue Lagoon. Thinking we will go there when we get in on the first and spend the night there.
* First full day - July 2: renting a car at Blue Lagoon (or maybe in Reykjavik the day before) and driving basically the Golden Circle. Looks like two hours to Gulfoss from Blue Lagoon. Want to see how close we can get to Vik this day, but want to be sure we don't feel rushed. Want to see tectonic plates, Gulfoss, Geysir, Selfoss, Seljalandsfoss, Skogafoss.
* Spend the night near Vik somewhere? (depending on what we can realistically fit in July 2)
*Second full day - July 3: enjoy Vik and make it to see Jokulsarlon. Looks like 2.5 hours there.
*From there we have another full day - July 4th. We need to make it back to Reykjavik to fly out on July 5th at 1PM. We would like to explore Reykjavik for part of the rest of this time. Not sure if there is something else we don't want to miss. Maybe whale watching?
I can't wait to hear from people who have experience here!
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 2 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 5 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Scotland in December
- 14 10 days in London in early December
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Greece
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Berlin to ?
- 22 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 23 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 24 tickets for Wimbledon
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living