My family of four will be traveling to Iceland the first week of July this year. We will be arriving about 3:30 Friday, July 1st and leaving at 1PM on Tues, July 5th. I would like to accomplish a few things on our trip and need help configuring it.
* Blue Lagoon. Thinking we will go there when we get in on the first and spend the night there.
* First full day - July 2: renting a car at Blue Lagoon (or maybe in Reykjavik the day before) and driving basically the Golden Circle. Looks like two hours to Gulfoss from Blue Lagoon. Want to see how close we can get to Vik this day, but want to be sure we don't feel rushed. Want to see tectonic plates, Gulfoss, Geysir, Selfoss, Seljalandsfoss, Skogafoss.
* Spend the night near Vik somewhere? (depending on what we can realistically fit in July 2)
*Second full day - July 3: enjoy Vik and make it to see Jokulsarlon. Looks like 2.5 hours there.
*From there we have another full day - July 4th. We need to make it back to Reykjavik to fly out on July 5th at 1PM. We would like to explore Reykjavik for part of the rest of this time. Not sure if there is something else we don't want to miss. Maybe whale watching?
I can't wait to hear from people who have experience here!
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 2 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 3 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 4 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 5 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 6 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 7 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 8 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 9 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 10 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 11 Cell Phone Question
- 12 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 13 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 14 Greek Islands (small)
- 15 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 16 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 17 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 18 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 19 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 20 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 21 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 22 Help required with Itinerary
- 23 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?
- 24 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 25 Itinerary review from a overplanner