After doing some reading up in this forum and research, I have come up with the draft itinerary for my Switzerland + Paris trip this June. As a background, me and my fiancée are about 30 years old,. We like nature, quaint villages, doing easy walks and hikes. We also enjoy good food and wine and a light touch of museums (nothing too heavy though)
Day 1 - 8 June Saturday
Arrive in Zurich morning, train to Luzern. Explore the town.
Day 2 to 3 - 9 June Sunday to 10 June Monday
Based in Luzern.
Depending on weather, either do Mount Pilatus Golden Round Trip on day 2 or day 3, with the other day being a day trip to Bern.
Days 4 to 8 - 11 June Tuesday to 15 June Saturday
Based in Wengen.
Hike around the Bernese Oberland region (one day for Lauterbrunnen valley, one day for Grindelwald area, one day Schynige Platte), one day visit Jungfrau (hike from Mannlichen to Kleine Sheidegg, then go up to the peak) and one day lake cruise on either Lake Thun or Lake Brienz. Weather will determine the order in which the hikes will be done.
Days 9 to 10 - 16 June Sunday to 17 June Monday
Based in Zermatt.
Gonergrat Railway on one day and go up to Klein Matterhorn on the other.
Days 11 to 12 - 18 June Tuesday to 19 June Wednesday
Based in Montreux.
Visit Chateau Chillon on day 11 after arrival from Zermatt.
Hike around the Lavaux vineyard area on day 12.
Days 13 to 18 - 20 June Thursday to 25 June Tuesday
Based in Paris
20 June: Evening visit Orsay Museum (open late)
21 June: Morning Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe / Champ Elysees; Afternoon explore Montmartre area; Evening visit Louvre (open late)
22 June: Morning / afternoon Versailles, evening Seine cruise
23 June: Morning Notre Dame, Sainte Chapelle, explore islands; Afternoon explore Left Bank, Luxembourg garden
24 June: Morning explore Marais; Afternoon explore Tuileries garden, Place Vendome, Opera
25 June: Revisit any places we like, shopping.
Whew, that was kinda long.. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Would appreciate your feedback on this itinerary! THANKS!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ms outlook@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h SUPP0RT CARE *
- 2 3 days solo in London
- 3 Chania
- 4 Days to Avoid Roussillon, Gordes, etc.
- 5 Help on ancient history route
- 6 Now to Madrid
- 7 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 8 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 9 Trip Report: The last hurrah? A fortnight in Lake Como
- 10 Village visit in Northern Italy
- 11 Natural History Museum: Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- 12 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 13 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 14 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 15 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 16 Sicily: which coast?
- 17 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 18 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 19 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 20 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 21 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 22 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 23 Edinbrugh
- 24 Berlin to ?
- 25 Hotels in Turin