After doing some reading up in this forum and research, I have come up with the draft itinerary for my Switzerland + Paris trip this June. As a background, me and my fiancée are about 30 years old,. We like nature, quaint villages, doing easy walks and hikes. We also enjoy good food and wine and a light touch of museums (nothing too heavy though)
Day 1 - 8 June Saturday
Arrive in Zurich morning, train to Luzern. Explore the town.
Day 2 to 3 - 9 June Sunday to 10 June Monday
Based in Luzern.
Depending on weather, either do Mount Pilatus Golden Round Trip on day 2 or day 3, with the other day being a day trip to Bern.
Days 4 to 8 - 11 June Tuesday to 15 June Saturday
Based in Wengen.
Hike around the Bernese Oberland region (one day for Lauterbrunnen valley, one day for Grindelwald area, one day Schynige Platte), one day visit Jungfrau (hike from Mannlichen to Kleine Sheidegg, then go up to the peak) and one day lake cruise on either Lake Thun or Lake Brienz. Weather will determine the order in which the hikes will be done.
Days 9 to 10 - 16 June Sunday to 17 June Monday
Based in Zermatt.
Gonergrat Railway on one day and go up to Klein Matterhorn on the other.
Days 11 to 12 - 18 June Tuesday to 19 June Wednesday
Based in Montreux.
Visit Chateau Chillon on day 11 after arrival from Zermatt.
Hike around the Lavaux vineyard area on day 12.
Days 13 to 18 - 20 June Thursday to 25 June Tuesday
Based in Paris
20 June: Evening visit Orsay Museum (open late)
21 June: Morning Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe / Champ Elysees; Afternoon explore Montmartre area; Evening visit Louvre (open late)
22 June: Morning / afternoon Versailles, evening Seine cruise
23 June: Morning Notre Dame, Sainte Chapelle, explore islands; Afternoon explore Left Bank, Luxembourg garden
24 June: Morning explore Marais; Afternoon explore Tuileries garden, Place Vendome, Opera
25 June: Revisit any places we like, shopping.
Whew, that was kinda long.. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Would appreciate your feedback on this itinerary! THANKS!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 16 Day Europe Itenerary
- 2 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 3 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 4 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 5 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 6 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 7 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 8 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 9 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 10 Berlin, Nice and London
- 11 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 12 Venice
- 13 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 14 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 15 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 16 charming cities in Spain
- 17 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 18 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 19 Day in Madrid
- 20 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 21 Le Marche Research Help
- 22 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 23 Rental car in Menton
- 24 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 25 Planning a trip to Florence, Italy