I have almost finalized our itinerary and am having trouble with the remaining 2 nights of our 5 night stay in Tuscany. Our Agriturismo is only available for 3 nights, and is located right near Montepulciano and Montalcino. We have 2 nights before heading to Cinque Terre and we have a car. I was thinking about staying in Montalcino, but since we are staying so close to there on our farmhouse, we will most likely visit there during the day (along with Montepulciano). We are looking for a smaller town to stay in but one that still has enough shops, restaurants and things to keep us busy in evening strolling around. Would you still stay in Montalcino even though we could do an easy day trip there from our farmhouse (is it that much of a different feel staying there?), or would you stay in Volterra maybe, which appears to be on the way to La Spezia to experience both? Thoughts and any other recommendations? Thank you!!
2 nights in Volterra, Montalcino, or??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 2 Rome to Capri-Day Trip?
- 3 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 4 Are Bit Coins Accepted Anywhere In Europe anywhere...
- 5 First Trip to Europe
- 6 Central London Hotels
- 7 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 8 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 9 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 10 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 11 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 12 Paris Taxi
- 13 Apartment cooking in Paris
- 14 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 15 Bielsa, Spain - Any info?
- 16 What should we eat in Portugal?
- 17 Paris-Immersion School in the Dordogne-Languedoc-Aix & Lessons Learned
- 18 review of grimaldi ferry barcelona to porto torres
- 19 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 20 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 21 Cornwall or Paris?
- 22 Globus Tours
- 23 Paris T A X I
- 24 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 25 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N