I have almost finalized our itinerary and am having trouble with the remaining 2 nights of our 5 night stay in Tuscany. Our Agriturismo is only available for 3 nights, and is located right near Montepulciano and Montalcino. We have 2 nights before heading to Cinque Terre and we have a car. I was thinking about staying in Montalcino, but since we are staying so close to there on our farmhouse, we will most likely visit there during the day (along with Montepulciano). We are looking for a smaller town to stay in but one that still has enough shops, restaurants and things to keep us busy in evening strolling around. Would you still stay in Montalcino even though we could do an easy day trip there from our farmhouse (is it that much of a different feel staying there?), or would you stay in Volterra maybe, which appears to be on the way to La Spezia to experience both? Thoughts and any other recommendations? Thank you!!
2 nights in Volterra, Montalcino, or??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 2 Need Advice! Munich to Strasbourg to Paris
- 3 Iwango went…to Nice
- 4 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 5 Northern Europe in April-May
- 6 A Duty Nobly Done — Anselm and Margriet in Flanders and Picardy
- 7 “… I fear’d to set my foot upon a dead man’s cheek” - Anselm in northern France
- 8 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 9 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 10 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 11 Airport ATMs
- 12 caroline_venezia
- 13 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 14 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 15 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 16 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 17 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 18 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 19 First time to Switzerland
- 20 Visiting the Azores Islands (Portugal) LOVELY LOVELY Experiences
- 21 Italy dolomites
- 22 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 23 First time Ireland trip
- 24 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 25 Switzerland help...?