I have almost finalized our itinerary and am having trouble with the remaining 2 nights of our 5 night stay in Tuscany. Our Agriturismo is only available for 3 nights, and is located right near Montepulciano and Montalcino. We have 2 nights before heading to Cinque Terre and we have a car. I was thinking about staying in Montalcino, but since we are staying so close to there on our farmhouse, we will most likely visit there during the day (along with Montepulciano). We are looking for a smaller town to stay in but one that still has enough shops, restaurants and things to keep us busy in evening strolling around. Would you still stay in Montalcino even though we could do an easy day trip there from our farmhouse (is it that much of a different feel staying there?), or would you stay in Volterra maybe, which appears to be on the way to La Spezia to experience both? Thoughts and any other recommendations? Thank you!!
2 nights in Volterra, Montalcino, or??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Royal Palace vs. El Escorial
- 2 Help with Belgium-Netherlands Itinerary
- 3 Oslo, Norway - worth the trip?
- 4 London experts--Look at my week's itinerary, please?
- 5 4 days in Sorrento, 4 days in Rome--expert advice needed!
- 6 Berlin to Prague by car
- 7 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 8 Alhambra tickets for May?
- 9 Use of pre-booked non-PREMS tickets on French trains
- 10 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 11 Help with Dalmatia Coast Itinerary
- 12 Trip Insurance
- 13 Itinerary question for Czech Republic for September trip
- 14 Stop between Munich and Frankfurt
- 15 Please tell me about your Russian visa experience.
- 16 Berlin, Dresden and Prague or Berlin and Vienna?
- 17 17 days in Scotland, Ireland and a bit overwhelmed
- 18 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 19 EuropeanQuiz # 70 ( Friday)
- 20 Where to stay in London
- 21 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 22 Barcelona for 9 nights....Day trips?
- 23 Random Rome Questions
- 24 Istanbul's Prince's Islands
- 25 Using the Garmin nuvi 2598 in Italy