Well our trip agenda is almost complete and I need your expert advice to fill 2 days in Tuscany.
We start off October 1 with a driver taking us from Rome Airport to Positano where we have a place for a week.
Then we go to Sorrento to pick up our rental car and we will stay 3 nights in Siena. The last 2 nights will be in Rome and we will be dropping off the car in Orvieto and taking the train to Rome.
So we need suggestions to where to go after our 3 days in Siena knowing we have 2.5 days before dropping the car off?
Go to the Umbria region, Lucca, San Gimgnano ? Spend the last 2 nights in Orvieto ? Don't want to go north, and am concerned if we go too far east we will be driving too much.
This is our first trip to Italy and much of our travel agenda has been based on your well traveled advice!
2 Days to fill in Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 2 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 3 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 4 Autumn in Paris
- 5 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 6 Updated ATM info for Greece and Turkey
- 7 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 8 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 9 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 10 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 11 Weekend in Norfolk
- 12 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 13 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..
- 14 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 15 Burgundy in May
- 16 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 17 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 18 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 19 St Germain
- 20 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 21 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 22 3 Countries - Bar Trip - need advice
- 23 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 24 A Greek sojourn
- 25 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir