Well our trip agenda is almost complete and I need your expert advice to fill 2 days in Tuscany.
We start off October 1 with a driver taking us from Rome Airport to Positano where we have a place for a week.
Then we go to Sorrento to pick up our rental car and we will stay 3 nights in Siena. The last 2 nights will be in Rome and we will be dropping off the car in Orvieto and taking the train to Rome.
So we need suggestions to where to go after our 3 days in Siena knowing we have 2.5 days before dropping the car off?
Go to the Umbria region, Lucca, San Gimgnano ? Spend the last 2 nights in Orvieto ? Don't want to go north, and am concerned if we go too far east we will be driving too much.
This is our first trip to Italy and much of our travel agenda has been based on your well traveled advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice Cruise Port: Santa Lucia or Mestre?
- 2 French lavender and cottages
- 3 Underground between kings Cross and Waterloo Main Line Station
- 4 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 5 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 6 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 7 3 days with a Swindon base
- 8 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 9 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 10 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 11 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 12 Major quake in central Itay
- 13 One quick week -- where in France?
- 14 Brugge or Ghent?
- 15 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 16 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 17 Portugal First Timers, 3 Q's
- 18 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 19 Eastern Europe Summer 2017 Itinerary + Mykonos Break
- 20 Budapest on a budget
- 21 easy daytrip from Firenze (without car)
- 22 Which European country to visit in November? Spain/Italy/France?
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 25 suggestions needed: Seville--> Cadiz/Conil/...