Well our trip agenda is almost complete and I need your expert advice to fill 2 days in Tuscany.
We start off October 1 with a driver taking us from Rome Airport to Positano where we have a place for a week.
Then we go to Sorrento to pick up our rental car and we will stay 3 nights in Siena. The last 2 nights will be in Rome and we will be dropping off the car in Orvieto and taking the train to Rome.
So we need suggestions to where to go after our 3 days in Siena knowing we have 2.5 days before dropping the car off?
Go to the Umbria region, Lucca, San Gimgnano ? Spend the last 2 nights in Orvieto ? Don't want to go north, and am concerned if we go too far east we will be driving too much.
This is our first trip to Italy and much of our travel agenda has been based on your well traveled advice!
2 Days to fill in Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 2 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 3 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 4 caroline_venezia
- 5 How highly would you prioritize Portugal?
- 6 Taormina Sicily
- 7 Driving in Italy
- 8 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 9 Italy dolomites
- 10 Taormina to Palermo
- 11 Spain - car rental, bus or train?
- 12 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 13 Suggestion for travel memories
- 14 Budget family trip to Europe
- 15 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 16 How to split 21 days between moscow and saint petersburg
- 17 Stay in Chablis or Auxerre?
- 18 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 19 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 20 history museums or locations
- 21 Ring of Kerry: worth doing "whole loop"?
- 22 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 23 Iceland Trip - July 2013 - PArt 1
- 24 malaga to madrid train ?
- 25 Museums in Berlin