Well our trip agenda is almost complete and I need your expert advice to fill 2 days in Tuscany.
We start off October 1 with a driver taking us from Rome Airport to Positano where we have a place for a week.
Then we go to Sorrento to pick up our rental car and we will stay 3 nights in Siena. The last 2 nights will be in Rome and we will be dropping off the car in Orvieto and taking the train to Rome.
So we need suggestions to where to go after our 3 days in Siena knowing we have 2.5 days before dropping the car off?
Go to the Umbria region, Lucca, San Gimgnano ? Spend the last 2 nights in Orvieto ? Don't want to go north, and am concerned if we go too far east we will be driving too much.
This is our first trip to Italy and much of our travel agenda has been based on your well traveled advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: train/rental car help
- 2 Budapest Card
- 3 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 4 UK in May and June
- 5 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 6 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 7 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 8 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 9 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 10 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 11 Bath/Cotswolds
- 12 Shorts in South of France?
- 13 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 14 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 15 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 16 Globus Iberian Tour
- 17 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 18 base for Andalucia
- 19 Italy travel plan help
- 20 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 21 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 22 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 23 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 24 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 25 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport