Well our trip agenda is almost complete and I need your expert advice to fill 2 days in Tuscany.
We start off October 1 with a driver taking us from Rome Airport to Positano where we have a place for a week.
Then we go to Sorrento to pick up our rental car and we will stay 3 nights in Siena. The last 2 nights will be in Rome and we will be dropping off the car in Orvieto and taking the train to Rome.
So we need suggestions to where to go after our 3 days in Siena knowing we have 2.5 days before dropping the car off?
Go to the Umbria region, Lucca, San Gimgnano ? Spend the last 2 nights in Orvieto ? Don't want to go north, and am concerned if we go too far east we will be driving too much.
This is our first trip to Italy and much of our travel agenda has been based on your well traveled advice!
2 Days to fill in Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 2 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 3 4 Months in Europe
- 4 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 5 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 6 Italy Travelogue, part I (Rome)
- 7 Lucerne Switzerland
- 8 at what point should one get health insurance
- 9 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 10 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 11 Help with Italy itinerary (18 days: Rome, Umbria, Puglia, Amalfi?)
- 12 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 13 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 14 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 15 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 16 Wines charted by flavor
- 17 Our completely revamped, circular tour of Andalucia--more help, please!
- 18 Taxi / tour guides from Granada airport
- 19 Recommendations for city break with baby
- 20 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 21 Spain in November
- 22 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 23 Paris: Picasso Museum reopens, Finally
- 24 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 25 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question